Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 Questions for Anthony
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

NikGoodrich
Level 4

USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  15:26:52  Show Profile Send NikGoodrich a Private Message
I thought I would start a new thread specifically for questions for Anthony, so we don't have to keep jumping around threads for his wisdom.

Here's one!

Anthony,

I've noticed that it is easier to do 6 ball 360s than to do a 7 ball 5 up 360. Since you can probably do a 9 ball 7 up 360, could you do an 8 ball 360? Thanks!

Nik Goodrich

norbi
Level 4

Canada
1440 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  16:43:40  Show Profile  Visit norbi's Homepage Send norbi a Private Message
are you basing that on your own knowledge? By the sounds of things you are a righty who spins left (or a lefty who spins right perchance) so even 360s are a lot easier. It appears Gatto is a righty who spins right (and although i know there have been HUGE argume...ehem...discussions about this, lets be honest, that is the easier combination for odd up crossing pirouettes) So i would guess that 9 ball 7up might actually be easier than the full 8 ball pirouette (but it'd probably be close)

Oh and p.s. Dietz has already done the 7up in practise.

Norbi
-------------------
You must be logged in to see this link.
norbi@norbithejuggler.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  17:44:39  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message
Question 2:

What's the hardest 5 ball trick that you can do (doesn't have to be solid)?

- Andrew
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  18:25:34  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
Hey Nik,

I never tried an 8 ball pirouette. I usually don't do too many tricks with the even numbers. An 8 ball 8 up pirouette I am pretty confident I could manage. I did do a 6 club 6 up pirouette before I did a 7 club 7 up. Here is something funny to you, I haven't even tried a 6 ball 6 up pirouette. So I'll skip right to 8 and post the video as soon as I do it. I still believe that the 9 ball 7 up will be harder than an 8 ball 8 up. Oh and I haven't done the 9 ball 7 up...yet.

A.G.

Oh the hardest 5 ball trick I do I couldn't really put a finger on it. I can tell you that the 5 ball reverse backcrosses(at least that's what I call them)is a difficult maneuver for me.
Go to Top of Page

patohuasi
Level 2

Argentina
104 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  22:48:06  Show Profile  Click to see patohuasi's MSN Messenger address Send patohuasi a Private Message
Anthony I have a question for you.
When you bounce while juggling are you looking more to the bouncing ball or to the props?

For me itīs more easy to juggle without looking so much that bouncing wothout looking so much, so i am always looking at the bouncing ball.

Pato.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  23:54:05  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
I mainly look at the bouncing ball. However for higher numbers my eyes will shift back and forth between the bouncing ball and the juggling pattern.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2

Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  08:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message
Anthony,

i've seen the 7 club backcrosses video and i'd like to know if you have ever qualified (at least 14 catches) a 7 ball backcrosses...

Thanks

Daniele
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  11:21:10  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
Hello Daniele,

I have managed 10 catches. 8 I get consistently.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

rickinepal
Level 1

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  12:16:59  Show Profile Send rickinepal a Private Message
Hi Anthony,
I have a question about head bouncing and juggling simultaneously. I have a record of 497 headers, without any toss juggling. I also have a five ball cascade record, with a head balance of 200 ish throws. But if I am doing headers, as soon as I throw a ball I lose my control of the headed ball. How well could you do head bouncing before comibining it with juggling?
I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2

Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  13:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message
quote:
Anthony Gatto wrote about 7 ball backXes

I have managed 10 catches. 8 I get consistently.

Can i hope to see a videoclip in the future?
I'm trying to qualify the five ball backcrosses, so it would be great to see the seven ball one... :)
Go to Top of Page

NikGoodrich
Level 4

USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  15:02:19  Show Profile Send NikGoodrich a Private Message
Hey Norbi,

I am a right handed juggler who turns left and I am basing it on my own knowledge, but I do think it is easier not because of the way I throw the balls but because the pattern is easier, people can keep up 6 balls longer than 7 on most occasions because there is less balls to juggle, so after I throw the six balls up and spin it would be easier than doing a 7 ball 5 up because the pattern itself is easier to get back into rather than 7.
But thanks for asking!

Nik Goodrich
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  18:08:12  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
I was bouncing a ball on my head so long ago that I can't remember how well I had it before I made any progress juggling with it. It will feel a little difficult to get used to at first but remember with time it will become more sure. Start with just throwing one ball. Throw it high enough so that you can see it while bouncing. Get comforatble with that then move to 2 balls. Just put some time into it daily and you will see it develop.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  19:24:05  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
I posted the 7 ball backcrosses for a run of 10. I also put in the 5 club treblas which I did for the first time warming up for the show last night. I went into the gym today to put it on video for you all. I can't wait until To Be the Best III comes out...it will be awesome!

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

NikGoodrich
Level 4

USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  20:05:33  Show Profile Send NikGoodrich a Private Message
You are too good to us Anthony!

Nik Goodrich
Go to Top of Page

NikGoodrich
Level 4

USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  02:13:36  Show Profile Send NikGoodrich a Private Message
Anthony,

What is life like on the road? Do you ever get tired of it? I imagine it has to be tough sometimes not being able to stay in one place for very long. I've done some traveling and know that a lot of work goes into even a 15 minute show, it takes up the whole day sometimes, you have to have it much worse! Or, maybe it's fun, because a lot of time it is.

Nik Goodrich
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2

Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  05:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message
quote:
Anthony Gatto wrote

I posted the 7 ball backcrosses for a run of 10.

Thank you!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2