Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Just Chit Chat
 The New Zealand Circus Awards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kozo
Level 2

New Zealand
125 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  09:52:53  Show Profile  Visit Kozo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just over the weekend we had our first ever New Zealand Circus Awards show and it was spectacular! I didn't enter but my sister was one of 20 finalists that performed and competed on the night. There were 3 categories, Youth Section, Best Aerial Act, Best Ground Based Act and also the overall winner who gets the 'Golden Carnie Award'

There were 5 performers in the youth section which were my sister's Juggling act(Assisted by me), Chair Stacking, Swinging Trapeze, Lyra, and Double Static Trapeze. And guess what? My sister was awarded 2nd place! She did a very nice routine, Juggling up to 5 clubs and 7 balls and finished off with a glow ball routine which received one of the best audience reactions throughout the night!

Since New Zealand is a small country we all knew each other but circus and juggling in New Zealand has gotten bigger over the past few years.

The winner of this year's NZ Circus awards went to our good friends 'The Blingling Bros' who call them selves 'The World's Only All Maori Circus - Cirque Du Bro'leil' They have a very unique act where they mix hip hop with circus and pass juggles up to 8 clubs. They also do a very nice rap piece along with a mini basketball juggling routine.

Each of us will be getting footage of our own acts very soon, So when it has been uploaded I will post a link of my sister's act to this forum.

Next year I'll definitely be entering myself!

Kozo

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2