Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Juggling Videos
 Juggling Videos
 Numbers Juggling and 360s Progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cameron Chardukian
Level 1

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  14:03:33  Show Profile  Visit Cameron Chardukian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A quick video showing my progress with numbers juggling.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Another video showing my progress with 360s.

I know there's some great jugglers here, so if I could get any constructive criticism it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with the uploading, so you'll just have to click Youtube and watch them there. Sorry.

Edited by - Cameron Chardukian on 03/09/2013 14:07:34

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  16:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cameron, it's better not to try to embed the video, just provide the Youtube links. I edited your post so people could simply click on the link to see the videos.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Cameron Chardukian
Level 1

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2013 :  19:19:22  Show Profile  Visit Cameron Chardukian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks for the help Dave! :)
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  01:49:29  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cameron,

I am just going to comment on your posture, since you want some constructive feedback. I've always liked getting feedback on my juggling body position, so here is my two cents.
You seem to lean back a lot while juggling, and appear pretty stiff in your upper chest and neck. Relaxing that or breathing more might help adjust that and improve your patterns, maybe.
Your 5 ring cascade throws seemed to have a tendency too throw "behind" you and you had to recover always from throws like that, so just noticed that, not sure what that means. I mostly throw forward to much.

1:33 in this video shows me juggling 5 rings and my posture. I am much better at rings since then, but at least you can compare body position a little.

I would just say stay relaxed and loosen up a bit, and have that relaxed attitude like you show when you throw your props at the end, while your juggling. Check out Anthony's posture and body position, or studying other great jugglers might help you. We all have our own body idiosyncracies, and that's okay, and you don't have to have perfect posture to juggle great, but it does seem to help with technique and clean patterns I would think for most people.

One last "big picture" juggling tip I would share, that I've benefited hearing from Dick Franco and Gatto is: master the basic patterns and the fundamentals of the basic patterns. (e.g. work on 4 ring cascade pattern to get better at 5 ring cascade, etc. (see Ty ToJo's practice videos for how to breakdown a base pattern 5b overheads,etc). Really get the base patterns down with juggling and get them clean. Practice them often. That's some of the best ways that help my patterns and control.

Joe S.

Edited by - Joe Salter on 03/16/2013 01:50:26
Go to Top of Page

Cameron Chardukian
Level 1

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2013 :  16:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Cameron Chardukian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback Joe. The body positioning is something I'll have to look into. It's also interesting that you mention the bit about the basic patterns because although I rarely get to practice ring tricks because of ceiling restrictions, rings seem to be my best prop. In the future I'll have to experiment with spending more time on the basic patterns with balls and clubs too.

This is a bit unrelated, but I run a personal development blog at cameronchardukian.com and I'd love to interview you sometime. I think you have an interesting story with the triathlon and you may be able to offer some unique insights to my readers that most people wouldn't otherwise think of.

I understand that you're busy so I won't take anything personal if you decline. Just wanted to put the offer out there. Stay in touch. :)
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2013 :  00:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're welcome.

Sure, I'll do an interview for you. Just shoot me an email.

Your blog looks pretty good. I am impressed with your writing and thoughts. You have a good thing going. I've enjoyed reading through some of it. I began a journey into a similar inner exploration and personal development around my junior year in high school, so I too, have always been interested in human growth and overall wel-being.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2