Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Just Chit Chat
 FORUM HISTORY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  09:11:54  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three years ago there were a record number of active users logged on the forum at one time. How many of you remember the "Good Old Days?"

Active Users Record: 48 | Record Set On: 08/27/2009 at 12:19:23

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  13:00:02  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember it Dave. It was interesting back then. I think we're at a point where we could shut this puppy down. What do you think?

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  13:10:21  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember them too and still check in most days. There were some characters here thats for sure. I also check a few other forums daily and most of them are slow too. It would be sad to see the forum go...but its understandable. Anthony you have two kids now and one of them is a girl so your troubles have just begun....hahahaa I'm joking of course but you will have your hands full from now on and keeping up with this will be very low on your list of things you need to do. I have enjoyed it, learned from it and met some iteresting folks along the way. So for that I say thanks.....Mike
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  13:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe so, Anthony. You (we) can always resurrect a new forum latter on. I would be happy to be a part of a new and improved forum down the line. I don't know the logistics, but I imagine that this forum could be shut down, then if you ever decide to create a new one, this forum could be linked as a "read only" historical part of the new forum.

There are new people joining the forum, almost every day, so there is some interest, but if people aren't interested enough to create content, I see no reason to continue.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  14:02:33  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think part of the reason that it fell apart was because it was full of instant jugglers here...juggling was just someting they did that was kinda a phase for them, there was no REAL meaning...thus they lost interest quickly and moved on. We had a great thing going here with people from all ends of the spectrum...from nutball Carey "Sponge Bob" Pickford Jr and Sondre all the way to Nick Gatto and Dick Franco. The WJF also ruined a lot in the juggling world for the veterans (and by veterans I mean people who perform regularly and or are not punk ass instant jugglers)...it created a segragation as well as competitive atmosphere that convinced people that the only thing that matters is how many times you can spin around under 5 clubs or who can get the coolest trick on tape and uploaded to Youtube. The Gatto Forum was an awesome place to be back in the day, I will miss checking it and miss reading all the old posts.
Why do I feel like I am writing a speech for a high school friends funeral?

R.I.P.
Gatto Forum
2003-2012

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  21:43:59  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think Dave is right. We need some people just posting SOMETHING. Something small, short, whatever. Maybe people are still trying to warm up to the forum, so we could use some ice breakers to get everybody comfortable. I remember we had a nice thread about people giving a brief bio on their juggling, etc. and that was a nice way to get people "knowing" who is who and what they do.

I hope the forum doesn't shut down, but I understand why it would. Apathy, lack of participation. Let's bring some life back into this joint, somehow. I'll recruit some triathlon juggling groupies to join, or somebody get Carey and his entourage to come back. Okay, those are jokes. Let's brainstorm ways to get a little more participation.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  08:37:35  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would believe it or not be interested in knowing what Carry was up to these days.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  08:51:08  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Fisher

I would believe it or not be interested in knowing what Carry was up to these days.

I am friends with Carey on Facebook...I thought I was with Dave as well. Carey has got to be 21 or 22 now...ge goes to college and makes stupid juggling videos. He grew a huge afro and is still just a really strange dude. He has some solid juggling skills...but he is just weird the way he acts. I think he had a slight case of ADHD back when he got booted off the forum

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Kozo
Level 2

New Zealand
125 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  03:02:57  Show Profile  Visit Kozo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It would be a shame to see this forum shut down, I love coming here to discuss things and to read past topics. This is my main source for any juggling related information.

I think it would be a good idea to maybe get a bit of a makeover and start advertising this forum again? I know a lot of people that don't know about this forum, If we get new members to join and start spreading the word about this forum and start some new topics trending I think the forum can get running again.

If you do ever close it down, I think Dave's idea of a read only forum is a great idea.

P.S. When did Anthony have another child???

Kozo

Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  08:19:36  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
His wife give birth last week.

Go to Top of Page

Kozo
Level 2

New Zealand
125 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  10:11:02  Show Profile  Visit Kozo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, I had no idea. Congratulations!

Kozo

Go to Top of Page

Caio Stevanovich
Level 3

Brazil
868 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  12:28:48  Show Profile  Visit Caio Stevanovich's Homepage  Click to see Caio Stevanovich's MSN Messenger address Send Caio Stevanovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember the good old days. I was there too!

I remember of me finding the site and the forum when I was younger. I didn't knew how to talk with you. I was embaresed. I was in school, sucked in juggling, was from a very old circus family. Them you all helped me out. I got your attention, I learned with you. I remember of receiving an e-mail from Dave: "First English Lesson". heheh
This forum was a very important part of my life. I became a very good performer, I growed up, I learned a lot. Not just in the juggling scene, to my life.
I remember of talking to everybody that there was a place that Anthony Gatto and others incredible jugglers came to talk. Online. For free. For a lot of friends and to my family I was a huge lier. "No, they don't use that..." "No, they don't have time for you". But you had. There were no Youtube. It was a much cooler time.

Here I'm now, years and years later. I'm tall, don't have time to anything else. I perform quite a bit, that's how I live. I still travel a lot, but it's too hard for me now. I'm living 3 different lifes now. I'm almost graduating as a doctor in oncogenetic, I'm a teacher and I'm an artist. Believe it or not, be a part of this forum helped me out in all my 3 lifes.

Anyway, all I want to say is: Thank you!

============
Caio Cesar Stevanovich

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2012 :  17:16:31  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That single post from you Ciao makes all the years of this forum worth it. We did not expect to help everyone or even be liked by everyone. If we helped or inspired even one person, which it seems we have, then our efforts were certainly not in vain.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  08:27:24  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if I could i would like that twice
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  09:03:52  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too much time on Facebook, Mike! This forum goes back to the days where you couldn't "like" a post, even once. Maybe that is one of the reasons why we have to shut it down. On Facebook, if you are too lazy to make a comment, you can still make your presence known and throw in your .02 cents worth by a click of a button. On here, you have to take the time to type something if you want to make your opinion known.

Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  16:59:53  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea Dave you are prolly right about that....sadly. I dont post on FB as much as I used to but I still find it entertaining from time to time.

------------------------

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2