Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Juggling Videos
 Juggling Videos
 3 BBB Biking World Record
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  14:06:15  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juggling 3 balls behind back while biking World Record:

You must be logged in to see this link.

Was this the juggler who posted a lot on the forum in the past, that someone was asking about and wondering where he was? Anyway, my hats off to him. Nice record and creativity.

Joe S.

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  15:58:40  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is! Carey, "Spongebob Square Pants."

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  16:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, that's what I thought! I faintly remember the last name you all said he had, and then I remember the nickname for him... So, I was like, hmmmmmm... is this the guy they were referring to?

Impressive little record he did. He should do a whole triathlon, including the swim, doing 3BBB. He gets props from me for his record, I think it's cool and difficult technically.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  23:40:46  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe his name was "Cool juggler" on here. It was fun with that punk kid on here! Those were the prime days of the Gatto Forum...Nik Goodrich, Sondre, Mutton, Orangeball and Adennis

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  07:21:44  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Cool Juggler is what he goes by on RecordSetter.com.

The good ol' prime days of the forum... I never got to experience it, but I am sure it was packed with dialogue and material.

Joe S.

Edited by - Joe Salter on 08/27/2012 07:23:13
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  09:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of that dialogue and material is still there. Carey would sometimes post over 100 times per day! Mark loved it, but I found it annoying. I do miss having 10 to 25 people on the forum, 24/7, though. There wasn't any time of the day or night when I could log on when their wasn't somebody else on the forum, at that moment.

Wow! On this date is when the record number of people were on the forum at one time! On August 27th of 2009, there were 48 people logged on the forum!

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  10:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I value quality over quanity, certainly. I do appreciate humor and entertainment, too. So, I can imagine there was plenty of that. I am annoyed by petty arguments and typical bickering or just attention seeking crap.

I don't need to go looking through the old stuff, as I already did one time, and I got a taste of what went on. It's interesting.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  11:05:35  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Certainly, Joe! There should be a proper balance between spamming, such as 100+ posts per day, where many times he was having a conversation with himself, literally. There was a lot of Anthony-bashing, too. Back then, it was lively, for sure, and not all bad. The contrast is amazing! I appreciate you posting and the people that appear in the last 25 people that visit. We have new members, almost every day. I don't know if this lull is permanent, or if people will eventually will start posting again.

Personally, I would like to see more people posting, even if it's "silly" or non-juggling related posts in the Chit-chat area. Pretty much everyone that joins this forum loves juggling, but there is more to life than just juggling. Most jugglers are interesting people, so I like to hear their views on a variety of subjects. I want to talk and/or hear about what is going on in the "juggling community," too. There are many different perspectives, goals, and experiences that could be shared. I'd like to hear about some professional juggler in some far off land that works with a circus that I wouldn't know about otherwise, or where some three year old is showing signs of being " THE NEXT ANTHONY GATTO!"

Joe, you have your own little world of triathlon juggling that is fascinating and inspiring, even to Anthony. If everyone that still visits the forum would just post something, it could get the ball rolling again. For those that are reading this, thanks for coming here. You are the reason this forum exists. If you would like for it to continue, I hope that you'll post something. No pressure for it to be a great post. Sometimes the best conversations start by people just saying hello.

Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  21:33:09  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, Dave. I enjoy random posts that aren't necessarily serious juggling topics also.

Like the other day, I read a news article that two girls from Ellicott City, Maryland were killed when a train derailed and dumped coal over them while they were sitting on a bridge behind the rail road.

The name of the city caught my attention because I remembered it being the city where Anthony spent a lot of his childhood I believe. But, I thought it was too tragic of a post, so I didn't post it. But, here it is in case others want to read it. Maybe Anthony knows where that bridge is. It was eerie because the two girls posted candid photos they were taking from the bridge shortly before they died and put them online. What you can learn from the article: don't hang out or be near railroad tracks! They kill something like 600 people a year due to accidents like this.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  08:23:59  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! That sounds like a freak accident. It doesn't seem like the girls were doing anything THAT dangerous.

Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  10:27:58  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Read more into it, Dave. They were right next to a moving train on a bridge, and possibly drinking, but not sure if I remember them stating that. That carries some risk, but yeah it's not terribly dangerous in the grand scheme of risky things to do. A terrible way to go, for sure.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  08:47:41  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like to read more into news stories. I like to use the facts I am given. A "few" feet from a train is a little close, but it's not like a road. Cars and trucks can swerve from the road, although most of the time they don't. I've stood on the side of the road and had bunches of vehicles pass me at a high rate of speed, only a few feet away. Most people know that trains don't swerve, they have to go where the tracks are. Theoretically, you could stand inches from a train as it passed and be okay. You certainly don't expect the train to derail right where you are standing.

Most people that killed by trains are the ones that try to beat the train as they try across a railroad crossing when the train is too close, or the occasional drunk that passes out and falls asleep on the tracks.

I wonder what is or isn't a terrible way to go. A friend of mine, legendary street performer, Butterfly Man, aka, Robert Nelson died the other day after a long illness (throat cancer). Is dying quickly, in a freak train derailment that bad? Was Robert's death a terrible way to go? It went on for a long time, but he definitely had time to prepare. People from all over the world went to Hawaii to say good-bye and he had time to "get his life in order." He got to experience a living eulogy. He did some projects all the way to the end. He did an interview of me last December, for the Busker Hall Of Fame. I was honored and it was wonderful to have one last conversation with him.

All rambling aside, I really do wonder how is the "best" way to go?

Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  12:05:10  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All I know is people get hit by trains be being near them, so even though they stay on tracks, there is a likelihood of being hit, albeit a lesser of chance than being hit by a car or such. There have many multiple deaths in my city from people hanging out near railroad tracks on 4th of July and who didn't see the train coming. They sit in chairs, and then I guess they play around the tracks, and around a sharp turn, they don't see the train in time or something and they're hit.

"A terrible way to go" was just a figure of speech I was using. But, yeah, I see what you're saying. I don't know, I guess it depends on the person. I can imagine a slow, painful death is a tough way to go. It's kind of a one-sided argument because those who pass away instantly can't really say whether or not it was a "terrible" way to go. Again, it depends on the person and how they cope with dying, and how they are doing in general, before and after some kind of terminal illness or consequence faces them.

Thanks for sharing about your friend Robert.

Joe S.

Edited by - Joe Salter on 08/30/2012 12:06:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2