Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Vending/Promotion/Festivals
 Vending/Promotion/Festivals
 Joe Salter Promo Video
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2012 :  22:30:25  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My promotional video for motivational speaking engagements and inspirational juggling presentations.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Joe Salter
zenblend00@hotmail.com

Joe S.

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  09:42:03  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is motivational speaking what you do full time or is it something you are working towards?

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  17:24:01  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, it's something I've done for "free" mostly in the past 2-3 years. I am gradually trying to build it into something part time and possibly full time. It's a work in process. I did a great job in the last coporate talk I gave to 450 top leaders from a Hospital system after I got back from Korea in the same week. I will put the whole video online sometime, because it has a lot more good parts in it. I feel like I have gained a lot of confidence over the years and especially after doing the triathlon. Now I have something to springboard my speaking. I needed something, and that was something that I feel passionate about and it gives me a lot of material to go by. I've created a lot of teaching principles, stories, demonstrations, metaphors, and humorous moments from the triathlon to use in my speaking. I am going to keep working at it and see where it goes. It's a little tough to balance with a full time job. So, I am going to keep the "day job" and then gradually try to get more gigs as time goes on.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  17:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best of luck, Joe, where ever it leads you. Have fun with it! Keep us posted and let us know if or when you make that final leap into quitting that "day job." Another option with that would be finding or turning your full time day job into a half-time job, just so you have that steady pay check, yet have a little more time to do motivational speaking.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  21:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dave. That's a good idea about working part-time to help balance out time for my motivational speaking. It is hard to do both. Something's got to give. For now, I am trying to schedule gigs in the evening and on weekends, and in summer time and seasonal due to availability in my schedule. I am going to have fun with it and just go for it, because for the past few years I never really did anything with it professionally, but wanted to. I am extremely busy though with other priorities also, so the timing is tough also.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  18:23:03  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you do birthday parties? Just kidding. That is really cool Joe.

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  22:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Anthony hired me to do his son's birthday party. I wanted to show him up, so I went out and did a 7 ball cascade for 13 minutes for the party, and then packed up my stuff and left after receiving a roaring applause.

I'll fly up and do your birthday party for a special rate, Mark. Just make sure you play GNR's Sweet Child O' Mine on vinyl for my first act, with the record you won from our bet.

Okay, just kidding. Thanks, Mark.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2