Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Juggling Videos
 Juggling Videos
 5 Ball Overheads and 7 Balls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  08:11:04  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a little video to document some of my current basic pattern juggling that I enjoy doing. My overheads are in bad form and I still "push" the pattern. I wish I could change that. Any tips? I try to relax my hands and shoulders and let them come down, but I am still not getting much movement in my elbow.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Joe S.

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  16:37:32  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow Joe! Those are the ugliest 5 ball overheads that I have ever seen!!! Just kidding...I have seen worse;) Try to get your elbows out a lot more, dont let your shoulders do so much of the work, have a good hair style...and you'll do fine!

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  20:26:39  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha, I hear ya, Mark! I actually was just watching Gatto's Kooza act to see how Anthony moves his elbows and wrists while doing overheads, just before coming to the forum. What a kwinky dink! (I've been trying to emulate his technique and Tojo's for a while with no success though). Thanks for the tip because I've been wanting some more help from others on how to break my ugly form, which is inefficient and just darn tough on the shoulders. I'll play around with getting my elbows out more and see what happens.

I love overheads, so I am going to keep at them. Anthony, do you have any tips?

Oh, and the hairstyle... :) I cut it a little short this time around, 1/2 inch instead of 1 inch. I figured if I did that, then I wouldn't have to cut my hair again for twice as long ;) Think I might go back to cutting it to 1" though :) It's amazing what you do to save time, when you have a family to take care of.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  20:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, this little bit from 1:05 to about 1:35 might help...it is one of my silly old videos I made a while ago...but the overheads are shot from a birds eye view...you can really see the form. Ignore the first minute of the video;) Hope this helps

You must be logged in to see this link.

T.B.M.

Edited by - Mark Kolbusz on 08/05/2012 20:59:17
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  22:39:45  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's a good angle. Your form is good, similar to Tojo's and Anthony's, which I have tried to emulate but with little success. I did go and try to juggle with my elbows out in the living room and I had my wife film it so I could see if it looked different. Still looked stiff and similar to my old form, but I'll keep trying to keep my elbows out and see if it gradually changes.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2