Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Performers Resources
 Show and Business Advice
 Audio/speaker/headset for Jugglers/Speaking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  15:21:01  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello jugglers,

I am thinking about purchasing a headset and sound system to use while doing speaking engagements and juggling on stage to an audience. Audience could range from 40-500.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for a reliable and effective audio and headset system that will get the job done. I don't need the best system, nor the cheapest, but something in the middle possibly.

Joe S.

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  20:45:32  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out: You must be logged in to see this link. the guys there are super helpful and you could chat with them about your interests so that they could direct you in the best direction. Only problem is they will call you about 2-3 times per year seeing if you need anything new.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  22:05:33  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha, thanks Anthony. Maybe I'll ask them to not give me any phone solicitations. I'll start with them and see what I find.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  13:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David Cain or Kozo... do you all have any suggestions? I am pretty sure you two have used an audio system, I know you have Kozo because I've seen your videos.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Stephenmcginley
Level 2

Ireland
156 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  18:17:15  Show Profile  Visit Stephenmcginley's Homepage Send Stephenmcginley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently looking at getting a radio mic at the moment myself. Make sure to get a headset mic and not a Lapel one. If you can afford a Sennheiser then go for that. The Samson AirLine has also caught my eye as a cheaper alternative, but all the advice I've been given is to go for the Sennheiser.

Let us know how you get on.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2012 :  00:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips, Stephen. I'll start looking into that brand you've heard good things about.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  06:08:39  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've heard only good things about Countyman mics, just make sure you are getting the kind for jumping around and being active, not the ones for stationary speakers.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  21:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good reminder, Dave... I'll take a look at Countman also.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Kozo
Level 2

New Zealand
125 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  10:54:10  Show Profile  Visit Kozo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Joe, Yes I do use a Headset Mic and a amp whenever I do a Street show or a interactive stage act.

When I first purchased my Headset and Amp I was on a tight budget. It was back when I first started out as a performer and started getting gigs for street festivals. So I bought a Headset Mic that I found on Trademe (A New Zealand version of eBay) and a Mini busking amp from a local music store. In total it cost about $180 NZD, And the amp only had 1 input for either a Microphone or iPod/Music Player and the Microhpone set was a basic headset which came with a Transceiver and a Receiver which I simply plugged into the sound system or amp and has a range of 50 metres. But this was good enough for me as I don't do street shows regularly but the Microphone has been very handy for whenever I did a stage spot. I've been using them for the past 2 years now and they're doing great for me.

Alot of my friends were using a 'Can Amp' from Fender, But I'm not too sure if they still make these. They're shaped like a can and they're rechargeable and has multiple inputs so you can speak and play music at the same time.

Kozo

Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  15:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information, Kozo. I appreciate it. I need to go check out some music stores and get looking online again.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  19:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys. About a month ago, I bought some sound equipment and I am very happy with it. Got a Peavy Amp Mixer, Peavy 15" speaker, and a wireless Samson earpiece microphone. I am pleased with it all so far, and I can always add another speaker in the future. I hook my iPod up the mixer. Will try it all out this weekend in a gig.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2