Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 Mark or Joe?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  17:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is going to win the NBA bet and come away with either 5 Renegade Clubs or a framed Gun's N Roses Appetite for Destruction Record Album?

(See NBA Finals Poll (3 pages) for original poll and "bet" details)

Joe S.

Choices:

Mark
Joe
They will Tie! Even Trade, Both will be happy.
Mark will lose, and send Joe PX3 clubs
Joe will lose, and send Mark an Elton John Record Framed
Mark will lose, and send Joe a picture of 5 Renegade clubs
Joe will lose, and suddenly disappear from the forum
Mark will win, but send the clubs to Joe as a surprise gift to cheer Joe up
Joe will lose, and blame it on Kevin Garnett''s old age
I don''t give a crap who wins this thing!

(Anonymous Vote - Viewing results before voting will spoil your vote)

Edited by - Joe Salter on 05/04/2011 17:39:28

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  11:47:48  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe- I have this funny feeling after lastnight, and seeing the Michael Jordan side of Rose, that I am going to come out of this one a winner. Despite the fact that I want to win and get it all over with...at the same time I REALLY want to see the Bulls face the Celtics in round 3. If I'm going to beat you I want to beat you in a head to head battle:) Worst case senario for you is Bulls win it all...Rose wins the Playoff MVP, I get that GnR record and mail you a Bulls World Champs shirt to be a good sport...and to rub it in your face;) Just let me know if you want my mailing address now or in a day or so! Trash talking is very effective tactic in basketball...I wonder if it works in juggling.

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  14:36:09  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I feel like I should get something because my Hawks have something to do with it.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  17:01:51  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave, if the Hawks win...i will get you a couple of tennis balls for the front of your walker!

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  17:20:14  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kolbusz

Dave, if the Hawks win...i will get you a couple of tennis balls for the front of your walker!

T.B.M.

Nope, I need something better. I am a certified tennis instructor, I literally have hundreds of old tennis balls. How about a T-shirt? I have scores of those too, but I believe you have some fun ones.

If the first game was any indication, you could promise me a car and be safe. The Hawks' chances don't look so good.

@Joe- Okay, Mark is going to give me something if the Hawks win, what are you going to get me if they lose?

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  22:17:31  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Mark: Derrick Rose, 44pts, enough said. I thought he would slow down a little after tweaking his ankle a couple of times. Guess not.
Thank goodness the Celtics just beat the Heat finally. I really think it's going to be hard for the Celtics to beat the Heat in this series, but we'll see.
I am actually hoping Atlanta can pull off an upset, that way, we'll probably tie and then we both will get our prizes.

You can save your address, because Axel Rose ain't leaving my closet shelf. He's all cozy next to a bunch of A.G. juggling memorabilia. He's my security guard for making sure no one steals any A.G. stuff.

@Dave: If the Hawks lose, you're going to get a nasty email from me saying that the Hawks cost me a chance to diversify my juggling club equipment, and actually juggle something besides PX3's. I am going to be pissed off if they lose, so we both will need the support to deal with Mark's trash talk and rubbing it in our faces.

I could send you an autographed copy of two of my joggling newspaper articles. That's the gem that could top off your juggling memorabilia.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  09:50:17  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Salter
@Dave: If the Hawks lose, you're going to get a nasty email from me saying that the Hawks cost me a chance to diversify my juggling club equipment, and actually juggle something besides PX3's. I am going to be pissed off if they lose, so we both will need the support to deal with Mark's trash talk and rubbing it in our faces.

I could send you an autographed copy of two of my joggling newspaper articles. That's the gem that could top off your juggling memorabilia.

Joe S.

That only seems fair and I look forward to adding your newspaper articles to my collection, which consists of a couple of clubs the Flying K's juggled and signed; an autographed promo shot of Anthony and Danielle; a set of Anthony's clubs; plus all my old personal juggling equipment, including my first set of homemade clubs made from the legs of a coffee table.

Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  11:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Will do, Dave. I like your collection, by the way.

Dave, did you know that the last time I saw a Hawks game was in April of 1994 when they played the Orlando Magic? That was my first NBA game to attend. I sat right behind the Magic bench and got to watch Shaq and Penny Hardaway play. The Hawks beat them! They had Mookie Blaylock, Danny Manning, and Stacy Augman back then. That was a fun experience for me as a 7th grader. My aunt lived in Atlanta and I had a blast visiting her. We happened to be caught in the middle of "Freak Nik" when going to the game! What an experience.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  12:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Salter

Will do, Dave. I like your collection, by the way.

Dave, did you know that the last time I saw a Hawks game was in April of 1994 when they played the Orlando Magic?
Joe S.

Thanks. One of the few basketball games that I went to was Hawks/Bulls. The only reason I went was to see Jordan play, not the Hawks. He did not disappoint!

Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  22:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hawks just won! Don't give up on ATL, Dave! There's still hope.

I think Mark might be getting a little nervous.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And by nervous you mean excited, right? Bulls win Bulld win

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  17:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark, congratulations on becoming the new owner of a GNR record album that is considered one of the best rock albums. Will send it to you when I return from vacation. I will get your address and also Dave's when I get back.

Bulls pulled it off nicely! I am going to pull for them against the Heat I guess.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  21:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark, thanks for the 105mm Renegades! They came today. I really like them a lot. They're in nice shape too, a lot better than I expected. You did a great job wrapping and taking the care to ship those clubs. Thanks! I am going to use them a lot.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  19:40:29  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, Im glad you like them...I don't miss them at all! I like my 95mm short handles much better. Also, I KNEW that you were NOT a slime ball sore winner who was just going to take his winnings and run! God bless your soul...Mr. Brownstone sounds amazing on vinyl!! Oh, your articles are pretty cool too. We shall bet again on the World Series if your up for it...let me know if you have any suggestions.

P.S. You're in the jungle LeBron....you DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Joe,

-Mark

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  16:02:57  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're welcome, Mark. Glad you got the GNR album in the mail. Were you surprised? I wanted to send it to you because you were nice enough to give me another chance to win at the bet, and man, those clubs are nice in my eyes. They're are worth a good bit and I'm enjoying juggling something besides my Px3's. Those 105mm have some meat on them, and I control them better I think. Should help my control, maybe.

Glad you like the vinyl. It does sound good doesn't it. Nothing like listening to Paradise City or Sweet Child O' Mine on Vinyl.

We'll see about the World Series. Not much of a baseball guy these days, but if you put out some alluring juggling prop for a bet it just might entice me to join in...

enjoy,
Joe

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  16:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kolbusz

Joe, Im glad you like them...I don't miss them at all! I like my 95mm short handles much better. Also, I KNEW that you were NOT a slime ball sore winner who was just going to take his winnings and run! God bless your soul...Mr. Brownstone sounds amazing on vinyl!! Oh, your articles are pretty cool too. We shall bet again on the World Series if your up for it...let me know if you have any suggestions.

P.S. You're in the jungle LeBron....you DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Joe,

-Mark

T.B.M.

P.S.

Oh, yeah, I wouldn't take my winnings and run, Mark. I don't run anymore. I only joggle :) So, I'd take my winnings and joggle if i was going to do that.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2