Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Juggling Videos
 Juggling Tutorials
 7 Ball Cascade helper
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

icanjuggle
Level 3

603 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  11:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

Ty Tojo does this exercise every day to maintain and improve his cascade pattern. He has at least 5 variations with 4 and 6 balls that he does regularly to maintain the base for 5 and 7 balls. We will get them all organized on video and post them on Ty's YouTube Tutorial site Ty Tojo Tutorials You must be logged in to see this link.

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  16:26:22  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to go back to this kind of practice. I've gotten into a rut of only practicing the 7ball cascade one way: just doing the 7b cascade. I've known that these exercises are useful, but I've avoided them because I don't enjoy them. If they work though, I'm willing to try them for sure. My 7b cascade has reached a plateau, so these tutorials will be helpful to help me get a better foundation for the 7b cascade pattern.
Thanks for sharing these, as always.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2011 :  00:03:42  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm familiar with the 6 ball and a space method, but I never really found that helpful when I was learning 7. Honestly if anything I think it would kinda mess with my head and make it more difficult. The one thing that I found was most helpful was doing a 5 ball shower in both directions. My 7 was, eh...ok but never felt real easy...the shower in both directions made a big difference. I think it helps a lot with the speed as well as the height.

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Acrane
Level 2

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  11:54:25  Show Profile Send Acrane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been doing the 6 ball patterns for quite a long while now, and could never get past 90 throws with 7. Today after reading about your 5 ball shower advice, I decided to try and learn it (~30 throws w/ RH shower, 12 w/ LH) and reached a new record of 120 throws with 7.

Coincidence?
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2011 :  12:57:58  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to learn the 5 ball shower too, because you and Dave both recommended it as a tool to learn 7 balls better. It's pretty fast for me, so it will take a while. Any tips on how close your hands should be when your off hand feeds your hand that tosses them in the air? 1 ft? I pay attention to jugglers on the 5 ball shower and see how they feed it into the pattern. It's still very quick for me, so maybe I need to keep my hands apart more because that might save "time" and make it not so fast. I think my hands come too close together (probably within 2 inches or almost touching) when I feed the ball to my other hand for the shower pattern. Seems like I may be cheating a little by bringing my feed hand so close to the other hand, and it costs me in speed because of the time it takes to bring your feed hand back and forth. Also, my ceilings are about 10ft 9 inches, and I throw them pretty high when I do the shower. Still feels very fast under that ceiling height though. Is this a good height to practice under?

Joe S.

Edited by - Joe Salter on 04/21/2011 13:15:53
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  20:56:38  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Joe, send me a private video... I'll give you some pointers.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  21:56:17  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All right. I'll get something filmed and send it your way. It's not going to be pretty, because I slacked off my juggling for the triathlon training so I haven't attempted 5 ball shower in forever. But, I have still been practicing doing 7 balls, 6 balls, off and on, and 5 ball overheads.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2