Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 2011 NBA Finals teams?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  06:24:06  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Salter

Man, this playoff bet is raising my blood pressure. The celtics barely squeezed by the Knicks in their first game of the series. Way to knock down that 3 pointer with 11 seconds left Ray Allen!

Mark, in the event that both of our teams tie, meaning that they both get eliminated in the playoffs in the same round, what do you say we just trade our items? I'll send you the record and you send me the clubs? Or, another option is, if they get eliminated in the same round, then the team that won the most games in the series they were eliminated gets the "win" and the prize. So, if the Celtics lost 3-4 to the Heat, and the Bulls lost 2-4 to the Magic, then I would win. And vice versa.

These playoffs are great so far....

Joe S.

That sounds like a good plan for a tie, Joe.

It's true that I "don't give a crap," but I used to. I used to watch football, basketball, World Series in baseball, tennis and the Olympics. I only watch the last two, now. Generally speaking, I am more interested in sports that I actually do. I'm not likely to gather 21 of my friends and play any football.

Basketball pick-up games seem to be more violent than they used to be. They may not be, but I don't want to risk injuring my bad knee. Tennis is hard enough with all the changes of direction. Basketball has all the stresses of tennis, plus physical contact. I've had to give up soccer for the same reason.

Sorry Mark, but baseball has always been boring to me. I'd watch the World Series since it was the best of the best and there were some exciting moments, but the pay off is too little for me.

Being a couch potato is the typical sports fan mode. I know you and Mark don't fit that mold, but sitting down for hours and hours of watching several different sports is too time consuming. Being on juggling forums or Facebook eats up enough of my time.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  11:17:01  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know...this is intense!! My buddy Jason is actually performing for pregame for tonights game. He will be easy to spot in the crowd because he is a stilt walker...but on a normal day he is barely visible to the naked eye because he is only 5'3. The tie scenario you came up with sounds good to me...I'll totally trade you.

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  11:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the Celtics better step their game up! It's fun. Good playoffs so far, and it's only getting started.

That's cool about your friend. Awesome for him to be able to do that. Sounds good about the trade deal.

@Dave: Yeah, I've never been the couch potato sports nut :) I can never usually watch a full game, unless it's something really important. I am always working out, juggling, chasing the little baby and spending quality time with her, working around the house, or doing something else while the game is on. I have trouble just "watching" tv most of the time :)

Baseball... Now that's hard to watch. Live game, okay. But, on tv, no thanks. Unless it's the playoffs.

Basketball is an aggressive game if it's pick up ball. I've seen some of the poorest sportsmanship in basketball pick up games. Mouthy people, complaining, whining, fights, you name it. A lot of ego involved. Even in church leagues; people can get really overly competative and unsportsmanlike. I am turned off by that. It is very physical too. You can tear a knee or roll an ankle easily if you're not in basketball shape. And, even when you are.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  09:25:08  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, have you ever been to a Celtics game?

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  10:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I saw them play once in 2002 in Boston against Jason Kidd and the Nets. Pierce hit a 3 to win it. It was a nice experience, I had pretty good seats. I was up there on spring break and was visiting Concord, Mass. to see Walden Pond and my favorite writer Thoreau's old stomping grounds.

The celtics somehow squeezed by the Knicks again last night. I am glad I went with the Celtics because the Lakers are struggling. But, the Celtics aren't playing that great either. This is a good matchup we have going here.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  00:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw them play in 09'...it was an experience. Just they way everyone talks out there is an experience. This bet was a great idea...I never bet, I dont want anyones money...but I do want YOUR GNR ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!
GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  12:04:15  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kolbusz

I saw them play in 09'...it was an experience. Just they way everyone talks out there is an experience. This bet was a great idea...I never bet, I dont want anyones money...but I do want YOUR GNR ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!
GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.B.M.

Yeah, I always go to NBA games on a last second decision. It's fun that way. I just bought a ticket when I got back from Concord on the train and said hey, why not? Also, in Philly I saw the Sixers play on a whim when I was on the train coming from the airport. Had all my dang luggage to drag into the arena! And a marathon to joggle in 1.5 days, and I'm dragging around luggage on my shoulder and eating a pretzel in the nose bleed seats!

Yeah, it's an experience to see the Celtics! The people are fun in Boston. Yeah, I am going to listen to the GNR album for the first time at my inlaw's house before it becomes yours! :) Never listened to the record, or a GNR record ever. Will keep it in good shape though. I hope I get the clubs!

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  10:18:23  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Celtics vs. Heat and Bulls vs. Hawks...

We got some good games coming up!

Can't believe the Hawks beat the Magic! I am glad though, even though I am from Florida. The Hawks deserve it. Not sure how they will match up with the Bulls, but we'll see if they give them a run for their money.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  10:34:28  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea! Hawks! Is Pistol Pete still with them?

Here he is during his pre-Hawk days. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves in transforming basketball into what it is today. His style of play is common place, now, but he was the first in the NBA to really showboat. His career with the Hawks was wasted because he was hitting his own players in the face because they were looking at the basket, like everyone else. A great pass is only great if someone receives it and get off a good shot.

You must be logged in to see this link.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  12:38:35  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Pistol was the man! He doesn't get enough credit for his style of play and skill. He averaged 44 pts at LSU!

I played in a student/faculty basketball game for a middle school the other night and I was hitting lady teachers with passes they couldn't handle! I have a hard time changing my style of play to players who don't pay attention! They look at the goal or somewhere else, and then pop you nail them with a pass and it hits them like a surprise :) They kept telling me, you can't pass like that to "girls" :) It was a fun game. I still have some speed and skills. One teacher dressed up in a gorrilla outfit with tight shorts and a jersey over it and played. He was acting out like an ape all over the place, it was funny.

Go Hawks! Come on Dave, we need the Hawks to pull off an upset against the Bulls so I can win Mark's Renegade clubs!

Edited by - Joe Salter on 04/29/2011 12:39:33
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  22:24:34  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I emailed a few of the players and told them about our little bet. Its all rigged now...Hawks and Heat are going to throw the series for us...so the Bulls and Celtics meet. Its not going to get fun till then. Good luck Joe, and by "good luck" I mean "I cant wait for my GnR Record".

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  20:44:32  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my dreams, buddy boy! GNR is staying in this casa, forever...!

I need to work on my 5 clubs, so get 'em ready for shipment to Florida please.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  10:56:04  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, looks like I won and you LOST! I was honestly rooting for Boston the whole serioes. A. I do not want the Bulls to Play Miami and B. I wanted us to go head to head. I have a double or nothing proposal for you...You can either send me my winnings and move on...or go double or nothing...Bulls win THE ENTIRE championship and you send me the album plus buy me a new copy of TBTB III...but if the Bulls get knocked out at any point from here on out YOU are the winner and I send you my clubs and you keep the album, plus you can make fun of me for being a moron and making this proposal. Its up to you...

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2011 :  17:15:13  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's a deal. You are nice to give me another shot at this. Not sure how much TBTB III costs, but I am willing to take that chance.

I look forward to watching these playoffs :) I am out of town, so I won't be able to communicate for a few more days, but let's do double or nothing!

Deal.

Later.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  18:45:20  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, 21 point blow out....whaaaaat!?!?!?! Game 2 is tomorrow and I will ve video taping the rest of the series...yes, I still have a VCR. I also still have all of the 1991 Playoff Finals on VHS...pretty cool. There is still a long way to go before the Buills even make it to the Finals...but out here is feels like they have already won it all, weird.

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2