Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 2011 NBA Finals teams?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  11:32:15  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have yuorself a deal! The framed GNR album will work! Ok, let make some terms and conditions. The Bulls go all the way I win your item....the (your choice of team goes here) wins and you win my item. Neither of our teams go all the way and its a wash. Sound good?

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  16:33:21  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kolbusz

You have yuorself a deal! The framed GNR album will work! Ok, let make some terms and conditions. The Bulls go all the way I win your item....the (your choice of team goes here) wins and you win my item. Neither of our teams go all the way and its a wash. Sound good?

T.B.M.

I've looked over the teams and have finally made a decision on who I will go with. I'll vote for the Celtics winning the finals.

One condition I propose: If one team goes father than the other in the playoffs, then you win if you had that team even if they don't win it all. For example, if the Bulls go to the conference finals and the Celtics don't, then you win and I send you the album. And vice versa.

This should be interesting because the Celtics will have to beat the Heat in order to face either the Bulls or the Magic for the conference finals.

Loser ships the item (s) and pays for the shipping.

Let me know if you agree to my conditions, or if you don't then I am okay with just your original conditions of it's a "wash" if either team don't win the finals.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  16:35:01  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, no changing teams once we agree to the deal.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  16:40:10  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Joe, you are on...I like your proposal better. I'm 100% sticking with the Bulls...and you are 100% Celtics I assume. After this message we cant change...even if Ray Allen or D.Rose get injured, or sick or murdered or whatever. This is going to be fun. Too bad no one else on here gives a crap!

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  21:54:42  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a deal, Mark. I think it'll be fun because both of our teams are in the Eastern Conference and most likely they'll be facing each other. It'll be interesting to see if the Bulls can get past the Magic and whether the Celtics can beat the Heat in order to make it to the conference championship.

Yeah, no changes as of right NOW. Shaq's already injured for the Celtics, but he'll be back for the playoffs, but he's not much of a factor :)

It's going to be a good playoffs.

You might have the advantage because the Celtics will have to face off with the Heat eventually to get to the Bulls. I am crossing my fingers that the Celtics can pull it off with their experience and team basketball.

I like that GNR album... Sure hope it doesn't have to be shipped off to Chicago :) It's okay though, I'm trying to get rid of stuff and that was on my list eventually to part with...

Yeah, I'm sure jugglers on the blog are finding this either interesting or pretty boring.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  01:05:16  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, I like my clubs! They will come with a lot of good tricks already built in for you! The GNR album will be nice...can you believe that we were around for records? If it was a framed GNR casette tape I would take a pass;) GOOOO BULLS!

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  13:21:24  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I have really wanted to get a different set of clubs because all I've used have been PX3's. I have Gatto's practice Renegades too, but those are staying put for my collection! I am sure those clubs have seen a lot of nice tricks and balancing :)

Yeah, you'll like the album if you get it. It has the original graphic sheet inside of it that was banned from the original cover because of it's adult content. I have a cassette tape too, but yeah you don't want that. I've been listening to GNR since the 2nd or 3rd grade! I got the Appetite for Destruction tape for my birthday from a friend, and I kinda kept it secret from my parents.

I really like the Bulls, so this is kinda hard for me. But, I guess "Let's go Celtics!" Or Magic... I want the Magic to beat the Bulls in the playoffs. They're playing on tv right now.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  16:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Salter

Yeah, I have really wanted to get a different set of clubs because all I've used have been PX3's.

Now don't let all our bad-mouthing about PX3's make you change clubs. It is a matter of what you get used to using. I purposefully switched to one piece American clubs from Europeans. I didn't juggle anything but Americans for fifteenħ years, but I went back to Europeans about six years ago.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  19:10:01  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Salter

Yeah, I have really wanted to get a different set of clubs because all I've used have been PX3's.

Now don't let all our bad-mouthing about PX3's make you change clubs. It is a matter of what you get used to using. I purposefully switched to one piece American clubs from Europeans. I didn't juggle anything but Americans for fifteenħ years, but I went back to Europeans about six years ago.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin

Yeah, I won't. I've tried all kinds of ball props, but only one style of clubs, so I need to diversify. I doubt it'll make much difference in my skills with clubs. I am definitely a beginner with clubs. I like PX3's, yet I have nothing to compare them to.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  12:41:07  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i] I want the Magic to beat the Bulls in the playoffs. They're playing on tv right now.

Joe S.

Did you watch the last quarter of that game?? Awesome, I love feeling like Im going to have a heart attact!

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  17:33:04  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, I didn't! I guess it was a tight finish.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  22:28:48  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mark, the Bulls barely squeezed by the Pacers in game 1 of the first series... I thought the Pacers had it. Up by 10 and they lost. That dang Derrick Rose and his 39 points.

The key to beating the Bulls is stopping Rose. They had him contained for most of the game, but he unleashed the beast towards the end.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  23:48:41  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, that was an amazing last few minutes...I was not worried at all. For the first time in 20 years I feel like I am back in the saddle and watching the old Bulls...but not quite. Nothing will ever match that. D. Rose is the A. Gatto of the basketball world these days. He is better at basketball than Axl Rose was at Knockin' on heaven's Door! Hey, they have the same last name, how about that!

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  11:42:17  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kolbusz

Joe, that was an amazing last few minutes...I was not worried at all. For the first time in 20 years I feel like I am back in the saddle and watching the old Bulls...but not quite. Nothing will ever match that. D. Rose is the A. Gatto of the basketball world these days. He is better at basketball than Axl Rose was at Knockin' on heaven's Door! Hey, they have the same last name, how about that!

T.B.M.

Yeah, it was amazing. I didn't see the last 3 minutes because I had to go mow the lawn! I came back in all tired and sweaty and saw the highlights. I couldn't believe it. D-Rose took over! And Korver and Deng hit some good shots. They're a good team, indeed. Way to bring in a GNR and D-Rose comparison :) If D Rose goes off too much, you might be listened to a GNR vinyl.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2011 :  21:07:20  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Man, this playoff bet is raising my blood pressure. The celtics barely squeezed by the Knicks in their first game of the series. Way to knock down that 3 pointer with 11 seconds left Ray Allen!

Mark, in the event that both of our teams tie, meaning that they both get eliminated in the playoffs in the same round, what do you say we just trade our items? I'll send you the record and you send me the clubs? Or, another option is, if they get eliminated in the same round, then the team that won the most games in the series they were eliminated in gets the "win" and the prize. So, if the Celtics lost 3-4 to the Heat, and the Bulls lost 2-4 to the Magic, then I would win. And vice versa.

These playoffs are great so far....

Joe S.

Edited by - Joe Salter on 04/18/2011 08:18:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.6 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000