Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Juggling Videos
 Juggling Tutorials
 Structured Practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  13:03:38  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Part I - You must be logged in to see this link.
Part II - You must be logged in to see this link.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source

mijat
New/Lurker

1 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  03:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how much time per day you spend at training? Do you train all three disciplines in one training?
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  14:40:53  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anthony Spends about 2 hrs a day 5 days a week trainning (Gatto Facts).

Evan
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  16:13:16  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Evan, thanks for posting the answer. It reminds me I have to update my facts now. At this time I spend 2 hours per day 3 days per week. I let go of a few days so that I could have a life outside juggling and spend more time with my son. It works out fine for my performance, however I would not recommend this to someone who has not been at it for 30 years. I do train all three disciplines during each practice session.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  10:48:57  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

Hey Evan, thanks for posting the answer. It reminds me I have to update my facts now. At this time I spend 2 hours per day 3 days per week. I let go of a few days so that I could have a life outside juggling and spend more time with my son. It works out fine for my performance, however I would not recommend this to someone who has not been at it for 30 years. I do train all three disciplines during each practice session.

Good for you, Anthony! I've heard people say that they wished they had spent more time with their family, but not so many say that they wished they had spent more time at work.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  16:46:28  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anthony it sounds as if you are just trying to mantain your skill level so you can prolong your career as long as possible. But in your earlier years, how much did you practice each day?

Evan
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  08:03:45  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not too much more. When I was a kid, the most was an hour and a half 7 days a week. From about 29-33 years, I would practice about three hours 5-6 days a week. Now, as you can see I have dropped off considerably. I am just maintaining now. I don;t have much interest to do more with my juggling other than keep working and maintain my high level act.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  18:02:33  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anthony do you think that you could theortically be better now if you practice lets say 8 hours a day every day for the first 37 years of your life. Or do you belive that practice can only help you up to a certain point.

Evan
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2010 :  21:21:33  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't believe I would have been any better with that much practice. What many don't realize are the effects over training has on the body and mind. Nick Gatto knew about this first hand, which is why he kept me at a reasonable practice schedule. It also kept me from hating the hell out of it in my early years. 8 hours of practice a day is about 5 hours of wasted time. Don't get caught in the more is better trap.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2