Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 Forum BANNER CONTEST Winner
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  13:48:52  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
After two weeks of nail biting the wait is over. It's time to vote for your favorite banner to decorate this forum. If you can remember the premise was a design that would represent jugglers connecting. Member had the option of creating multiple entries, so you will see some member names appear more than once. Please look them over carefully, it's about the design and also about what it will look like here when we revamp the color scheme. Here are our entries:

HotSHot424 - http://picasaweb.google.com/113417365614573375284?authkey=Gv1sRgCMC415n63JTGUw

EricS - 1) http://www.box.net/shared/1yvl0q5k2i

2) http://www.box.net/shared/bp27v96d0o

Ville 1) http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GgNbYSK-6_XNG1yjGhVJpw?feat=directlink

2)http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Z_OYf9hdI_lPBGvqEc1PqQ?feat=directlink

Evan Patterson - http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7664/juggletalkpdf.pdf

Joe Salter - http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1984/jugglingconnects.jpg

Kozo - http://yfrog.com/5jsjugglingtalkbannerj

anthonygatto - http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/wrldzgr8juglr/jugglingTalkBanner.jpg

In the event that I win, the prize of an autographed La Nouba program and a copy of my new Head Bounce workshop will go to the second place winner. Thank you everyone who took the time to get involved and participate in this contest.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source

Choices:

EricS option 1
EricS option 2
Ville option 1
Ville option 2
Evan Patterson
Joe Salter
Kozo
HotSHot424
anthonygatto
Rafal Makara

(Anonymous Vote - Viewing results before voting will spoil your vote)

HotShot424
New/Lurker

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  18:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A more direct link to my banner entry.
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Tamino
Level 2

Germany
116 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  19:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tough decision, but I take Kozo's.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  21:28:56  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mine was silly, just made it whimsically and with little technical computer graphics skill :)

I like Kozo's and Gatto's for the top two banners. Both are very nice visually.

I really like the visual style and laid back "cool" factor to Kozo's. I like the creative catch phrase on Anthony's.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  07:17:09  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like banner of Kyle Wilfinger, aka HotSHot424, as well as Kozo's and Anthony's. I like Ville's entries, too, but the hat is a little distracting and takes away the idea of representing every juggler. Thanks to those that entered and may the best banner win!

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

ilmago
Level 1

Belgium
10 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  07:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why is it not possible to vote for Rafal Makara's banner ?
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  07:43:39  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilmago

Why is it not possible to vote for Rafal Makara's banner ?

I'm not sure, but I think it might have been an oversight. Here is the banner and link to it, anyway. I'll check on this, so if anyone wants to vote for it, wait until we add it to the rest:

You must be logged in to see this link.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Rafal Makara
Level 1

Poland
22 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  10:27:06  Show Profile  Visit Rafal Makara's Homepage  Click to see Rafal Makara's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hah, :p I've already wasted my vote for AG. :D I'd love to be the one, who didn't vote for self banner and the one who got votes without a link to banner in 1st post. ;) Thanks ilmago and Dave for adding me. :)

Edited by - Rafal Makara on 07/26/2010 07:44:56
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  10:52:03  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, it was a definite oversight. We can leave the voting for a week or so, after all, not too many people have voted, so let's give it until the 1st of August at 8:00 p.m. EST. Then we'll announce the winner.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2010 :  15:04:42  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really impressed with all the banners. Anyone will look fabulous on this forum!

Evan
Go to Top of Page

Rafal Makara
Level 1

Poland
22 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  06:11:43  Show Profile  Visit Rafal Makara's Homepage  Click to see Rafal Makara's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nobody voted for 5 days so I got 2 of 3 last votes. :D Prolly nothing is gonna change in 2 days. Gratz Ville!

Edited by - Rafal Makara on 07/28/2010 06:14:01
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  07:28:00  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
23 people voted on a forum with over 2500 members. Not exactly impressive numbers there. I think it's been a fair amount of time to vote. Looks like Ville's option 2 banner will be featured here on Juggling Talk for a period of one month. Ville, if you read this, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you the disk(which is an mpeg-4 file)and the autographed La Nouba program. Bear with us for the color scheme for a while.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

Rafal Makara
Level 1

Poland
22 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  08:26:49  Show Profile  Visit Rafal Makara's Homepage  Click to see Rafal Makara's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Period of one month? Are you going to create a brand-new (whole) forum' design?

Edited by - Rafal Makara on 07/28/2010 08:27:04
Go to Top of Page

DSallee
Level 2

223 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  10:04:32  Show Profile Send DSallee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Ville! The banner looks good :-)

Only 23 voters out of 2500+? Maybe those that voted should get a little something something as well ;-)

Of course it's also a really busy time for jugglers. At least those that can travel. After all you have the WJF, the IJA and the EJC all going on right around this time, so perhaps that had an impact on the voting turnout.

David Sallee (One of 23 :-)
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  08:33:45  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One month of villes design is not that long. Make it like 8 months. Some banners have been hear over a year!

Evan
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  15:00:44  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for you opinion Evan. The point of the contest was not to have the banner that last the longest. It was to rekindle the forum and get people a little more active in their participation then just dropping by to see if anyone commented on their videos. Ville's design won the competition fair and square, and will have a month to be recognized for that. Who knows, we may get a little busy and leave it a bit longer.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2