Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 Which joggling feat do you want to see happen?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

averagejoggler
New/Lurker

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  21:49:21  Show Profile  Visit averagejoggler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I actually don't think the backwards joggling marathon challenge would be much more difficult than just doing a backwards marathon. (Not that a backwards marathon is easy). In the last mile of a half marathon I was joggling, I did it backwards. It's definitely doable.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  19:33:22  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by averagejoggler

I actually don't think the backwards joggling marathon challenge would be much more difficult than just doing a backwards marathon. (Not that a backwards marathon is easy). In the last mile of a half marathon I was joggling, I did it backwards. It's definitely doable.

Joggling backwards I don't find any harder than running backwards. Only challenge I would see is that you wouldn't be able to turn and look at what's behind you as easily when joggling backwards. To help with this, I would hire a runner to accompany me the whole marathon if I were to joggle it backwards, in order to avoid collisions.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  12:24:09  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adennis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by saltzjoe10

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kennyjuggling

100 mile seem possible but I would love to see if anyone attempts the joggling with the triathlon haha. i would love to see that happening. swimming? how would u juggle with that. bike? maybe a unicycle hah, run - easyjob. If it comes in the next 20 years, I would be happy and surprised!

---------------------------------------
Kenny C, a friendly juggler

I have practiced how to joggle while swimming and biking. I am not going to reveal how I would do it-that's going to remain a secret :)

[/quote]

I can't imagine there is a truly good way to swim while juggling that is waiting to be discovered...especially in open water unless a very high level of skill was involved. Surely every idea would be based on some ineffective version of the backstroke. Why not redefine juggling for swimming and forget about transitions? I think "juggling" 3 water polo balls by throwing them in front while doing the crawl would be more doable and allow for more athletic potential.

Adam
[/quote]

I love reading this now, after I've accomplished swuggling for a 1/4 mile in open water conditions in the triathlon I juggled for the world record of first person to juggle an entire triathlon. It's fun to look back on those who doubted it could be done. It's funny how the general public have no idea how you could juggle and swim at the same time (well, about 90% can't figure it out), and that some jugglers really couldn't think of how it could be done. You have to think outside of the box to make great things happen. And, go problem solve, fine tune, and work your butt off polishing your craft if you want to do something that appears undoable.

Joe S.

Edited by - Joe Salter on 09/04/2012 12:25:25
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  13:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe, how many times (if any) did you drop during the tri?

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  14:09:54  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Joe, I didn't reread all of the thread, yet. I read a few before I realized you BUMPED up an old one. I was thinking, great, some people that I haven't heard from in a long time are posting again! Too, bad that isn't the case, but I'm glad you're going back and reading some of the old stuff before it disappears.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  18:52:29  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's funny, Dave. I was just looking through that old poll. It's fun to read it now, since it's a done deal and I did what I set out to do.

Mark, I dropped 3 times on the swim that took 22 minutes or so in the open water of Gulf of Mexico. I was dropless on the hour bike ride and the 4 mile run. I was very pleased with no drops on the bike, since it was so long, and had so many obstacles and opportunities for error. I had to fend for myself, basically. Weaving in and out of runners while biking (we used the same lane space!), avoiding pedestrians, negotiating curbs/driveways, and working around road construction on top of a big bridge. I did about 20,000 throws during the race. So, 3/20,0000 is not that bad. Dropping in the water was the easiest drops ever to recover from since they only just fall literally 2 inches to the water, and you just pick it up with one hand while still floating on your back. Dropping on the bike would be the costliest in terms of time and waste of energy, and possible interference with other participants. That's why I practiced extra hard to get that down very solid.

So, there's the story on drops in my tri :)

Joe S.

Edited by - Joe Salter on 09/04/2012 21:02:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2