Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 7 Ball Workshop DVD Download
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  18:05:07  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I made a workshop DVD download on the technique for flashing and juggling 7 balls. It's available for download at You must be logged in to see this link. .

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source

Kozo
Level 2

New Zealand
125 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  18:55:55  Show Profile  Visit Kozo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw the video on Youtube and it was awesome! When I do get up to learning 7 balls I'll difinately buy it!

This may be abit rude but may I ask what the song you used in the ad video is called? I have seen many jugglers use this music in many of their promotional videos. Is it a special track related to juggling? Is there anyway I could find it on the internet?

Thanks.

New Zealand Juggler: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2009 :  23:05:05  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kozo

I saw the video on Youtube and it was awesome! When I do get up to learning 7 balls I'll difinately buy it!

This may be abit rude but may I ask what the song you used in the ad video is called? I have seen many jugglers use this music in many of their promotional videos. Is it a special track related to juggling? Is there anyway I could find it on the internet?

Thanks.

New Zealand Juggler: You must be logged in to see this link.

It's a loop with Soundtrack Pro. It's a great program, you can designing your own music or find a loop that fits your needs and it's royalty free! The video has technique that really applies to all juggling.

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

Go to Top of Page

Zherec
Level 2

Finland
312 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  06:34:27  Show Profile  Visit Zherec's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried downloading the file 4 times now. Hopefully fifth time is the charm.

-Janne Laakso
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  08:17:35  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zherec

Tried downloading the file 4 times now. Hopefully fifth time is the charm.

-Janne Laakso
You must be logged in to see this link.

You have to have a good connect, it's 400+MB.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

AndyB
Level 3

United Kingdom
646 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  08:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This couldn't have come at a better time as I started trying out 7 last Friday and have flashed it a few times now. I'll be waiting for the version I can watch on my computer!

----------------------------------------

AndyB: "The World's Most Average Juggler"
Go to Top of Page

gantenbein
Level 1

95 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  09:51:37  Show Profile Send gantenbein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool workshop Anthony!

Are you planning a follow-up with tips and exercises for the next phase (i.e. from qualify to 100 throws)?

I know someone who would buy it

Steffen
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  13:40:03  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am planning a lot of things with workshops. I am figuring out what is feasible to teach from video. Like the technique and tips for achieving these goals. I feel that this video contains enough to get you to 100 catches. I taught the techniques, now it's up to the individual to practice diligently to increase his catch count. The download keeps it affordable for people because you will be able to pick an choose what you want to learn.

I do appreciate you input on it, it helps me to be more effective in producing useful information.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

gantenbein
Level 1

95 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  15:00:06  Show Profile Send gantenbein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

I feel that this video contains enough to get you to 100 catches. I taught the techniques, now it's up to the individual to practice diligently to increase his catch count.

Point taken!
quote:

I do appreciate you input on it, it helps me to be more effective in producing useful information.

A.G.

Hi Anthony!

Glad to hear that there will be more workshops, because I really liked this one. Since you were asking for input I'll mention a couple of things I noticed. As I said I really liked this workshop, so there's not much I can offer in terms of how to improve it. I'll just mention a couple of things that I found really helpful:

Of course seeing someone with perfect technique executing the exercises is key. To repeat it in slowmotion makes it a lot easier to absorb it.

It also helps a lot that you repeat and stress the most important points. It's very easy for a beginner to miss a crucial point if it's not emphasised enough, even if it's something that's obvious for the pro.

Video quality and good contrast of the props to the background is also important to see the pattern clearly.

If I notice something else I consider important I'll let you know (I'll be watching the tutorial more than once ).

All the best,

Steffen

EDIT (06/11/09):

I went over the workshop again specifically looking for things one could add or do differently, but only came up with two points. One very minor the other one maybe more important.

The first thing I noticed is that you say in the beginning 'Now 7 balls isn't the most difficult trick ...'. While this is true on an absolute scale (there are more difficult tricks than the 7 ball cascade) as well as on a 'Gatto-scale' (you have done many much more difficult tricks), it may be discouraging for someone who is struggling with 7 balls to hear that other people consider it 'not difficult'. On the other hand I realize that describing it as overly difficult might also put people off or they might be approaching it to timidly.

The other thing I noticed is that you don't describe how to properly catch the balls during a run. I'm not talking about the final collect, which you cover in some detail, but about the catch that you make during a run to the the ball again afterwards.
The reason I mention this is because improper catches was one of the two major technical flaws I acquired while I was practicing on my own (the other one was the elbow thing which you address in the workshop). I used to catch the balls more with my fingers than within my whole hand (i.e. in the palm of my hand closing my fingers around the ball). It was very difficult for me to get rid of this habit and I'm still not 100% cured. While one can see how to properly catch balls in the workshop (e.g. from 7:32 to 7:41) if he knows what to look for, it might help to point it out specifically for the person who isn't aware of potential problems in this area. To make it even more instructive you could cut in part of your practice clip (3-8-07) where you balance a camera on your head while doing 7 balls (1:45 to 2:12). I think that is very instructive juggling clip because one can see the catches so well from above.

Anyway just my two cents.

Steffen

Edited by - gantenbein on 06/12/2009 01:21:07
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  18:24:23  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gantenbein
It also helps a lot that you repeat and stress the most important points.

(I'll be watching the tutorial more than once ).

You are right that when teaching in person, you have to repeat and stress the main points, several times, Steffen; but, with a recorded lesson, that isn't as important since the person can watch it several times to pick up what they missed the first time.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

AndyB
Level 3

United Kingdom
646 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  02:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great tutorial! I've certainly picked up a few ideas there, particularly about posture, which is something I've definitely become lazy about, and releasing them. Making the first throw higher, for example, to give you time to make the subsequent throws so it's not all one big rush to throw the balls randomly in the air. Like I said, I've flashed 7 a few times now (and would have succeeded many more times if I wasn't using quite firm balls that bounce out of my hands at every opportunity) and I've been pleasantly surprised at how 'clean' my pattern was when I did so, but this tutorial has sent me off with a few more ideas to put into practice when the weather gets nice again. Damn English weather!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks again for a great tutorial!

----------------------------------------

AndyB: "The World's Most Average Juggler"
Go to Top of Page

gantenbein
Level 1

95 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2009 :  02:54:56  Show Profile Send gantenbein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

quote:
Originally posted by gantenbein
It also helps a lot that you repeat and stress the most important points.

(I'll be watching the tutorial more than once ).

You are right that when teaching in person, you have to repeat and stress the main points, several times, Steffen; but, with a recorded lesson, that isn't as important since the person can watch it several times to pick up what they missed the first time.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin

Dave,

I don't quite agree. Even if I watch a recorded lesson many times I can miss a crucial point (many times) if it's not emphasized enough in the video. That's why I think it was very important to repeat the most important points as Anthony did.

Steffen

EDIT: Actually, if I teach someone in person I may not have to repeat things that he gets early. If for example I tell someone to keep his elbows in and he does it from very early on, there's no need to repeat it. I only need to repeat the things he doesn't do. In a recorded tutorial however I can't observe if someone keeps to the instructions given, hence I need to make sure that I stress the important points.

Edited by - gantenbein on 06/09/2009 04:33:41
Go to Top of Page

Adam Solander
Level 2

Sweden
162 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  03:52:42  Show Profile  Click to see Adam Solander's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have made 104 catches with seven balls and I have a pretty solid pattern and have managed some tricks. Do you think it's worth buying it or should I wait for a workshop that I'm sure is worth buying for me?

Adam Solander - A Swedish Juggler
Go to Top of Page

Tamino
Level 2

Germany
116 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  06:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This workshop is for 7 ball beginners mainly. Theres not much information in it about increasing your number of catches if you can do more than 20 I would say.
Anyway, I bought it, because Anthony has come up with so many cool videos over the last 4 years that were nearly all for free. So Anthony, see my 5 Dollars as a "thanks".
Go to Top of Page

Joe Salter
Level 3

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  19:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Joe Salter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Anthony! I've been working on 7 balls for a while. I couldn't pass up buying this tutorial, because I had to hear your tips on the 7b cascade. I found it helpful, and I thought it was a good workshop. Can't wait to see the new ones you put out.

Joe S.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  22:53:42  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all of the positive feedback. If you have any negative, feel free to say it, it will only help me for my next one. I must say that this video is flying off the shelves! Or rather flying through the bandwidth, meaning they are selling at a rapid pace, so it must be word of mouth because I haven't advertised it. So thanks again, and I have many many ideas for future workshops, so keep you eyes out for the next one.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2