Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 Questions for Anthony II
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  13:48:11  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message
Once a topic gets to twenty pages, we lock it and start another topic. You can still go back and read the past questions, but to ask new ones, please do that here.

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  15:33:33  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message
Mr. Altman, why do you start a new topic after a topic has gotten to 20 pages long? Just curious.

Evan
Go to Top of Page

lionelwoolf
New/Lurker

5 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  04:58:59  Show Profile  Visit lionelwoolf's Homepage
Hi Anthony...

I was wondering... since you can do 7 club pirouettes pretty well... and can juggle 9 balls... also pretty damn well...
Have you ever flashed 9 clubs?

Lionel
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  08:03:17  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message
Anthony Gatto has never flashed 9 clubs. Or at least he is not on the record sheet for that. Only three people have officially flashed 9 clubs and that is Bruce Tiemann, Scott Sorensen, and Chris Fowler.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Evan
Go to Top of Page

Caio Stevanovich
Level 3

Brazil
868 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  12:30:28  Show Profile  Visit Caio Stevanovich's Homepage  Click to see Caio Stevanovich's MSN Messenger address Send Caio Stevanovich a Private Message
Actually, they 3 flashed 9 sticks, not 9 clubs.

I don't think that anybody can get good runs of 9 clubs (well, not for now, at least). Just a flash is possible, but I don't think that anybody is able to control it...
Willy told me that he already flashed 9 clubs, with his small clubs...
I attempted 9 clubs just to see how it goes, but there are too many clubs in the air hahah...

============
Caio Cesar - A brazilian juggler!
Go to Top of Page

manuel886202
Level 2

Peru
187 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  12:33:45  Show Profile  Visit manuel886202's Homepage  Send manuel886202 an AOL message  Click to see manuel886202's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Evanp

Anthony Gatto has never flashed 9 clubs. Or at least he is not on the record sheet for that. Only three people have officially flashed 9 clubs and that is Bruce Tiemann, Scott Sorensen, and Chris Fowler.

Evan

I didn't know that the 9 club flash has been done. :S

-----------------------
Manuel Rospigliosi

Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  13:30:42  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage
His baby clubs count for nothing. come on, at least full length 75s. that's as small as it should get to be valid.

Ady
Sponsored by Oddballs juggling-Britains leading juggling store.
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  14:02:33  Show Profile
How long would you estimate your longest 7b overhead run is?

Live, learn and juggle
Oh me got six cookies, and boy me feelin grand!

*The "artist" formerly know as Spathever
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  08:16:33  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
Ville, I have never even tried to time an overhead run. That's one thing I really don't do is focus on records with tricks. I feel it to be superfluous. I am sure I could run that pattern for a minute if I wanted to but like I always say... why?

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

A very smart unknown source
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  09:59:55  Show Profile
That's exactly why I said "estimate." I was expecting this reply

Live, learn and juggle
Oh me got six cookies, and boy me feelin grand!

*The "artist" formerly know as Spathever
Go to Top of Page

Tamino
Level 2

Germany
116 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  16:23:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

Ville, I have never even tried to time an overhead run. That's one thing I really don't do is focus on records with tricks. I feel it to be superfluous. I am sure I could run that pattern for a minute if I wanted to but like I always say... why?

A.G.

Art the end result of perception, wisdom, intelligence, discipline, hard work, passion, luck, accident, and coincidence.

'Why' seems to be a strange question here. I mean, why breaking records on anything anyway? If you go for one minute with 8 balls you can go for one minute with 7 balls overhead as well I think.
I don't get your point here, Anthony. If you want (or wanted in the past) to break records why only doing it with the basic patterns?
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  09:41:50  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
quote:

'Why' seems to be a strange question here. I mean, why breaking records on anything anyway? If you go for one minute with 8 balls you can go for one minute with 7 balls overhead as well I think.
I don't get your point here, Anthony. If you want (or wanted in the past) to break records why only doing it with the basic patterns?

Really? I mean really? This is amazing to me that you couldn't understand this. Can you answer what that would do for me? Will it get me another job? Will my wife have a newfound respect for me because I can do seven balls overhead for a minute? Will I even get a spot of JIS for this? Think about it, and I mean think, don't just say... "if I could I would," that's not thinking.

Beside the fact that when you become a real juggler and just having the knowledge that you can do something is enough satisfaction, there is also this:I have a practice regimen that I do in order to do the best possible performance I can in the evening. I am at work for 10 - 12 hours per day. I am integrated into the show in other ways than just my act. I am a back up artist for one of the characters as well. I get about 20 minutes per day to cram in a lunch and dinner. I now have a baby to take care. I get about 5 - 6 hours sleep per night. I have to walk my dog twice per day on top of all this. If you can't understand why I don't waste my energy on doing seven balls overhead for a minute to make a youtube video for people to watch, then you haven't entered the real world yet.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:15:22  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

quote:

Really? I mean really? This is amazing to me that you couldn't understand this.
It's not surprising to me, at all, Anthony. People, not just jugglers, are totally obsessed with records, especially "World Records." To your credit, you don't try to rack up every single record you could.

Everyone is going to have their fifteen minutes of fame, and hold some kind of world record, even if they have to make up some obscure way of doing it, like, "The most throws of seven balls, facing the east, wearing a red shirt, while standing on one foot."

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

AndyB
Level 3

United Kingdom
646 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:31:14  Show Profile
I'm going for a new record: "Fewest Catches of Seven Balls in 10 Minutes" :o(

----------------------------------------

AndyB: "The World's Most Average Juggler"
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  10:48:42  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by AndyB

I'm going for a new record: "Fewest Catches of Seven Balls in 10 Minutes" :o(

You won't be able to do that, Andy. I already hold that record. I didn't set a new record, but I tied the old one. I'm afraid that will be the best you can do, too.

"A successful individual typically sets his next goal somewhat but not too much above his last achievement. In this way he steadily raises his level of aspiration." ~Kurt Lewin
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  13:20:55  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message
I feel really bad for Anthony because he only gets 5-6 hours of sleep each night.

Evan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2