Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 Who is the Michael Jordan of juggling?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  14:50:36  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
This poll is to determine who‘s the Michael Jordan of juggling. In other words, choose who you think is the best technical juggler that has ever roomed the earth. If the juggler is not on the list, simply leave a written response

Evan

Choices:

Jason Garfield
Thomas Dietz
Anthony Gatto
Vova Galchenko
Peter Bone
Bruce Sarafian
Albert Lucas
Enrico Rastelli
Sergei Ignatov
Francis Brunn

(Anonymous Vote - Viewing results before voting will spoil your vote)

Edited by - Evan Patterson on 02/24/2009 18:06:30

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  15:53:53  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not only was his skill well rounded and unmatched but Michael Jordan would deliver under pressure night after night. He shattered records of the greats before him. He was a classy guy on and off the court. He was someone that your parents wanted you looking up to. His shelves are filled with the most prestegious awards you can recieve in the basketball world. He was a PROFESSIONAL. Maybe some of these things need to be considered before you choose who you think the "M.J." of the juggling world is. I feel bad for you kids who are 15 or under...you don't know what you missed out on during the Jordan era.

You must be logged in to see this link.

T.B.M.

Edited by - Mark Kolbusz on 02/24/2009 15:56:53
Go to Top of Page

Adam Solander
Level 2

Sweden
162 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  17:27:17  Show Profile  Click to see Adam Solander's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How can we take you serious when you have Chris Bliss on that list?

Adam Solander - A Swedish Juggler
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  17:40:32  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Anthony Gatto, Enrico Rastelli and Sergei Ignatov are the only ones that are actually rightfully placed in the poll, none of the others have anything to do there IMO. I suppose Francis Brunn should get a spot, too.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  17:53:14  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are asking "who is the MJ of juggling"...not "who is the most skilled juggler". If you know and or think about all that Michael Jordan brought to the game of basketball and its fans this covers much, much, much more than just being a skilled player. If you ask me...Chriss Bliss deserves to be on that list much more than a few people do. I think that is very ignorant to say that it would be ignorant for someone to vote for Chriss Bliss. What makes you so accomplished as a juggler and Jordan-like to say that he has not worthy of being considered the MJ of juggling? Infact, I think you are so ignorant to make thses statements that you might as well go and put yourself on this list...I bet you would expect people to vote for you. Evan, your ignorance and lack of experience in juggling world really pisses me off when you say things like the things I quoted you on below this. Maybe you should repost this poll in about 10 years when you have a clue as to what the hell you are talking about.
quote:
Originally posted by Evanp

Good Point Adam. Many novice jugglers who see Chris bliss perform, think that he is a very good juggler. I just wanted to see anybody is ignorant enough to vote for Chris Bliss. One year ago, I wathched Chris Bliss and I thought he was a really good juggler, but know I know his skills are not so great. If you Really feel that there is some one eles that qualify's to be on this list, just tell me!

Evan

T.B.M.

Edited by - Mark Kolbusz on 02/24/2009 18:14:44
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  18:42:09  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are a cluless kid...quit while you are ahead
quote:

Well Mark, It would be Ignorant for someone to vote for Chris Bliss. Chris Bliss is a novice juggler. Anybody that does not know how to juggle could get as good as Chris Bliss within five or six months. People such as Jason Garfield and Anthony Gatto have spent Years developing certain moves. If you have seen the movie Chris Bliss Diss than it would become clear that Chris Bliss is not a good Juggler. But sadly, people do think that Chris bliss is a very good juggler(not me of course)so therefore I put him on the list. If you really think that Chris Bliss is a good juggler I would Schedule a meeting with Jason Garfield. How fun would that is? By the way Mark you are insulting me. Your mean comments are directed at one particular person. I would never call a specific person ignorant.

Evan

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  18:48:50  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why must we go thru this every 6 or 8 months?

On the Jordan question. It will, in my opinion be many, many years if ever before someone comes along that could even be considered th M.J. of anything and that includes Tiger Woods. There will be better athletes and maybe even better basketball players, but considering the bigger picture I doubt there will ever be another Michael Jordan.

------------------------

We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.

- Will Rogers

Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  19:03:47  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

This poll is to determine who‘s the Michael Jordan of juggling. In other words, choose who you think is the best technical juggler that has ever roomed the earth. If the juggler is not on the list, simply leave a written response

Evan

Yes, and you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Being the MJ of juggling does not mean that they are the most skilled...there was more to Jordan's success and worldwide fame. He litterally put on a show everynight infront of a live audience. Thats what made him who he was...delivering under pressure and making the impossible possible...night after night, year after year...he proved his greatness to be something that he could just turn on like a light switch whenever he felt like it. Seriously Evan, you did not live through and experience the Jordan era...I know you are only 15. Michael Jordan shaped the lives of so many kids (and adults) during the 90's and changed their lives. You making this poll is like me asking "who is the Elvis of the juggling world"...considering I was not alive to experience any impact that Elvis had on the world. You can argue with me on this one if you like...but my career and livelyhood is based around sports, in particular Chicago Sports. On top of that, I am 30 years old and experienced every bit of the Jordan era to the fullest...living here in Chicago and going to all of the games. I think I know what I am talking about.

T.B.M.

Edited by - Mark Kolbusz on 02/24/2009 19:15:07
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  20:40:24  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well Mark, It would be Ignorant for someone to vote for Chris Bliss. Chris Bliss is a novice juggler. Anybody that does not know how to juggle could get as good as Chris Bliss within five or six months.
Novice? Novice means beginner, Evan. Bliss opened for Michael Jackson in 1984 and for several other entertainers before that. He has been a professional juggler since the 1970's! He is hardly a beginner. I doubt that anyone juggling for six months would be as good as him. I'm sure there are plenty of real novice jugglers than think that, but they would be mistaken.

"Bamboozled" ~Dave Altman
Go to Top of Page

Adam Solander
Level 2

Sweden
162 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  00:27:38  Show Profile  Click to see Adam Solander's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark

If you ask me...Chriss Bliss deserves to be on that list much more than a few people do.

Heres a kind of paradox. The base question was who was the Micheal Jordan of Juggling. But when Evan explains it more, it comes clear that he means the best technical juggler and not the best performer. Chris Bliss, in my eyes, is not a highly technical juggler, but he is a really good performer. Thats why I don't think he belongs in the list.

Adam Solander - A Swedish Juggler
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  10:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Fisher

Why must we go thru this every 6 or 8 months?

Because the clueless kids don't do their research, and then a few months later they're not quite that clueless anymore - but more keep coming and so it has to keep up like this unless someone makes the necessary information easily accessible to everyone through video. I'd like to do so, but right now I don't have the knowledge or time. But now I've set a new goal for myself that I'll see what I can do about in a few years.
Go to Top of Page

David Cain
Level 4

USA
1049 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  14:21:23  Show Profile  Visit David Cain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some of those names have absolutely no place on the poll. My vote would go for Anthony and Rastelli with Alexander Kiss, Evgenij Biljauer, and Nikolai Gerasimov following close behind if we're talking about technical ability. If you don't know these names, do some research and watch some videos. To list some of those other names instead of these is just plain wrong.
David Cain

Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  15:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One interesting thing to consider in the life of Michael Jordan is the following quote:
"He tried out for the varsity basketball team during his sophomore year, but at 5'11" (1.80 m), he was deemed too short to play at that level and was cut from the team. The following summer, however, he grew four inches (10 cm)[1] and trained rigorously."

I'm not even going to guess what kind of background our greats have. Even if I did I don't like making comparisons between sports all that much. Michael Jordan is a real champion but in the vast world of sports there are so so many equals or people who outrank even a guy like him. Most of them I've never heard about.

Also, keep it civil folks. Some (most) of us (especially us young folks) have been on the exact phase of development. My mother constantly reminded me and my sister of our own mistakes and told us not to laugh at, or blame, other people for making the same mistakes. I think this is the first time I can actually say I know what she was talking about.

Live, learn and juggle
Oh me got six cookies, and boy me feelin grand!

Edited by - Ville on 02/25/2009 15:21:35
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  14:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry Dave Altman for mis-using the word Novice. But my whole point is that Chris Bliss skills are attainable by anyone. People such as Anthony Gatto and Vova have real talents that few can achive. Here is a link supporting my opion in why Chris Bliss is not a good juggler. The funny thing is that I have heard so many internet rumors about Chris Bliss not being able to juggle 5 balls.

Evan

Who the hell are you to make such bold statements about a performer at the level Chriss Bliss has reached? I do not think anyone even knew that you existed in the juggling world until you joined this forum. You are brain washed. That video does not support anything...it was filmed in an empty room, not infront of thousands of people. If Chris Bliss' skills are atainable by anyone then I would like to see you get booked to open for Michael Jackson. Internet rumors about not being able to juggle 5 balls...seriously man, is that what you think makes a good juggler?

T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  16:08:43  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mark, even though I agree with David that most of the names on the poll have nothing to do there, I think you should go easy on Evanp. He's still pretty new to the juggling community and simply doesn't realize what he's talking about. I know he should know not to talk about it until he knows more, but I am pretty sure he sincerely believes he is right. It's okay to tell him, but I think it should be done in a nicer tone so he won't be discouraged from learning more about the subject and thus making for a much more interesting part of a conversation like this. Besides, his definition of a great juggler is one who can do very difficult rricks with as many balls, clubs or rings as possible - and it doesn't really matter if it's on stage or just in practice. It still takes skill, yet different ones. And stage presence is as far as I know not a JUGGLING skill even though you need it to be a good juggling performer. But you do not need stage presence in order to simply be good at juggling. Eh?

Sondre
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  16:19:21  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks Sondre for that Lovely post. On the Other hand this argument is getting to out of hand. I really don't think we are going to convince each other! Okay Mark Lets shake hands and move on with our life. By the way I am pretty new to the juggling world but feel that I have lots of knowledge of juggling.

Evan

Fair enough. Also, I am really not an asshole...you just push me to the point of sounding like one ;) Also...I feel like you have no knowledge. Truce

T.B.M.

Edited by - Mark Kolbusz on 02/26/2009 16:25:35
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page