Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Siteswaps
 Siteswaps
 WJF expriences
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

falco
Level 2

Germany
217 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I donīt take it serious anymore. Jason was polite and friendly. The idea of the WJF is a different goal in juggling than I am interisted in but why not? Let them do whatever they want. The WJF is ok.

Edited by - falco on 12/27/2008 12:54:09

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  13:17:32  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by falco

I donīt take it serious anymore.
That sounds like a plan, I never did, really, but even less so these days. People will out-grow the WJF "attitude" or they won't, it will cease to exist, or it will grow. In relationship to juggling as a whole, it's a flea on a dog, or a speck on a speck. In importance, it's no more or no less important than the Whos in Whoville.

"A person is a person, no matter how small." ~Horton

"Sixty is the youth of old age." ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of Charles Lindberg.
..~/!(:*:)!\~..
Dave, a juggler

Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  17:45:50  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

the WJF "attitude"

I've heard talk about this all over the place, but even after watching all the WJF videos and dvds, being on the forum for a while, and attending two WJF events, I don't understand what this "attitude" is. It's probably just me being incredibly slow, but still...

Could you explain it to me, Dave?

Sondre
Go to Top of Page

JugglerS90
Level 2

251 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  22:43:01  Show Profile  Send JugglerS90 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes I am with Sondre on this one I do not understand what is meant by the WJF attitude. I saw numerous attitudes and ideas presented at WJF5 and found the entire thing quite enjoyable but regretably was not able to be there as long as i liked.

As for my experience It was incredible I got to meet a lot of very skilled jugglers and saw a lot of amazing juggling. I think anyone who likes to juggle regaurdless of how you think juggling should go to and would enjoy WJF.

And in my own experience* I would say the WJF has shaped juggling a lot. I am hardly ever asked if I am a clown or in the circus but rather am I going to be on ESPN or how many 5 club 360s can I do in a minute. (Which unfortunantly is 0...) So I think WJF is impacting the lay persons opinion of juggling more than many of you would like to think.

But anyways I had a lot of fun and hope to be able to attend WJF 6,7,8,9,10,11 and so on...

*Limited as it may be it is still experience not nearly as much as most of you but still experience.

P.S. It was awesome to see you juggle Falco. that being noted I would like to amend to my earlier reference of things people who like to juggle should do and add "watch falco juggle" he is amazing. The stuff he does is faster in real life and the stuff he posts on youtube he can do, and does do, beautifully. Awesome exhibition Falco the 4 ball stuff was amazing and the 3 ball -mess of things that I cannot name- was mesmorizing.

-Sam-

Edited by - JugglerS90 on 12/29/2008 22:52:16
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  00:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As my first WJF I have to say I was incredibly pleased with it. The people were friendly and helpful and there wasn't skill grouping like I expected there to be. Most groupings just happened naturally through shared chemistry and there's nothing wrong with that and even then people kept an open attitude about everything and didn't close into exclusive circles.

I have to say Dave that I don't know what the WJF attitude is. Maybe it's that I've only been around the internet juggling community for about a year. I can only assume that what you mean is the stereotyped attitude people think Jason has which, as we all know, is a comical construct filled with self parody. During the talks I had with people there I never bumped into what I would have viewed as the WJF attitude. I found that the people who I talked to had an immensely open attitude towards any type juggling.

It was very interesting to speak to various people who have been around the community for something like 10-20 years. I got to hear another interpretation of certain events other than what you hear here. It made me remember one of my favorite phrases: "Never attribute slander to anything more than a personal grudge and a personal grudge to more than just bad chemistry" that's what I believe is true in most cases and certainly in juggling community and is true on all parties.

Seeing falco was definitely a big highlight of the convention. Would you expect a hardcore sport juggling audience to give thunderous applause to a three ball juggler? Joelle's show was another great moment and a great combination of show style juggling and technical prowess.

Live, learn and juggle
Oh me got six cookies, and boy me feelin grand!

Edited by - Ville on 12/30/2008 00:41:42
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  06:02:41  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perhaps he meens 'outlook', the WJF 'outlook'on juggling and he finds this outlook direspectful (for whatever petty reason) so calls it 'attitude'.

Ady
Sponsored by Oddballs juggling-Britains leading juggling store.
Go to Top of Page

falco
Level 2

Germany
217 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  13:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love you all. And so should everyone.

Love and PEACE!

Edited by - falco on 12/30/2008 14:00:45
Go to Top of Page

Jaksi
Level 2

Finland
331 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  10:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
waiting anxiously for our beloved forum moderators reply!

im glad you guys enjoyed wjf.

ps post bootleg vids of dietz 9ups or something

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  11:05:10  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaksi

waiting anxiously for our beloved forum moderators reply!

im glad you guys enjoyed wjf.

Thanks, Jaksi, but I don't have anything to add. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the WJF, too. I'm glad Garfield was polite and friendly. Like Falco said, "Love and PEACE!"

"Sixty is the youth of old age." ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of Charles Lindberg.
Dave, a juggler

Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  11:11:21  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You could watch John's video You must be logged in to see this link.

Or the WJF5 juniors video You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

one man circus
Level 1

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  07:28:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WJF IS THE BEST
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by one man circus

WJF IS THE BEST

You must be logged in to see this link.

Dave, a juggler

Go to Top of Page

one man circus
Level 1

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  15:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wut? well i have a link for you

oh and another

Edited by - one man circus on 01/04/2009 15:07:42
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  04:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehe, good one Dave. I like your sense of humor even though I may not be fond of the implications you make

Live, learn and juggle
Oh me got six cookies, and boy me feelin grand!
Go to Top of Page

nomis
Level 1

28 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  15:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im quite new to it all, but i have had a feeling that the WJF style of juggling was a bit boring/took itself way to serious. Do that 10 times, then the next ten times. Very mechanical and very focused on results, rather than fun.
But seeing videos from it all removes this feel and i guess a lot of jugglers just do it the way they like? How boring can practise get. I enjoy juggling a lot and get results even though i dont follow the wjf training program :)

Nomis

Go to Top of Page

bornametalman
New/Lurker

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  00:01:48  Show Profile  Send bornametalman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I have been part of the WJF for a couple of years and have gone to the second training camp as well as WJF5. I love it. It has kept me juggling and continues to inspire me to get better.

I love taking a nice 6 ball half shower.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2