Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Siteswaps
 Siteswaps
 Associating non-juggling things with siteswap
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  09:38:54  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A few days ago we were watching a movie about Winston Churchill(guess what it was called) in English class, when I almost dozed off for a minute. During the few seconds that I was halfway asleep, my brain seems to have mixed the movie with juggling, because for a moment I felt it was obvious and not strange at all, that "Prime Minister Winston Churchill" had the siteswap b97531.

I still think it makes sense, although I have no idea how or why.

Someone suggested it has something to do with a Tetris Effect
You must be logged in to see this link. or "hypnagogic hallucination". You must be logged in to see this link.

Anyone?

adennis
Level 4

USA
1367 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  10:47:38  Show Profile Send adennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yomay

"hypnagogic hallucination"

Don't think so, a hallucination has to involve a sensory perception.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

plip
Level 1

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  08:56:38  Show Profile  Send plip an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've noticed that I have a terrible amount of trouble juggling in my dreams. It's like my subconscious can't put it all together. Strangely enough, I can juggle 3 balls, but not 5, even though I am quite solid with 5 normally. It's the same for driving in my dreams... I can maneuver the car slowly, but inevitably it speeds up to 400mph and becomes impossible to control.
Go to Top of Page

Ikslej
New/Lurker

1 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  09:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every time it's 7:44 or something I always think of the siteswap or whenever 5:34 always immediatly think of the siteswap and automatically imagine myself doing it.
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  02:45:12  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I see a car registration plate, I always try to see if it has a valid siteswap...

Also when the time is 13:37, but for a different reason :P
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  00:48:17  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plip

I've noticed that I have a terrible amount of trouble juggling in my dreams. It's like my subconscious can't put it all together. Strangely enough, I can juggle 3 balls, but not 5, even though I am quite solid with 5 normally. It's the same for driving in my dreams... I can maneuver the car slowly, but inevitably it speeds up to 400mph and becomes impossible to control.

phhht, don't even remind me of those dreams where you're running as fast as you can but moving hideously slowly. And then I run to my tree house...and sometimes the maze...

Ady
Sponsored by Oddballs juggling-Britains leading juggling store.
Go to Top of Page

dtrov06
Level 3

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  19:17:07  Show Profile  Send dtrov06 an AOL message Send dtrov06 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
when i was a much more devoted juggler, i used to fall asleep thinking up new tricks, or just visualizing myself juggling.

as far as seeing siteswap in every day life, anytime i see a string of numbers, i'll try to figure out if it is a legitimate site swap

GO TRIBE!!!!

ricky dimitrov

Go to Top of Page

GLF
Level 3

USA
610 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  11:56:49  Show Profile  Visit GLF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I actually sometimes find myself associating music with siteswaps... Recently at church the lady at the piano was playing a hymn that for some reason made me think "that really sounds like 633"!

"If you can't stand behind our soldiers and support them, feel free to stand in front of them."

"When you stop dreaming of Batman, then you will be a real ninja like me." - a 5 year old ninja

Go to Top of Page

lzileri
Level 1

Peru
18 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2008 :  23:55:26  Show Profile  Visit lzileri's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I relate every number i see tryng to calculate if it's a validate siteswap and somentimes, when i'm tryng to sleep i try to calculate new siteswpas, but relating music with siteswaps!?

Congratulation, that's a more advanced level!

<·Lucas·>
Go to Top of Page

Al Teal
Level 2

Georgia
366 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  18:06:28  Show Profile  Visit Al Teal's Homepage Send Al Teal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have lucid dreams occasionally and juggling hasn't even come to mind. There are much more fun things to do in a dream if you can control it. Flying in the air and in space come to mind second. You can guess what the most fun might be.

It took a long time with many attempts before I could direct my experiences in a dream. I still can't do it every time but the biggest problem now is I always wake up before I want to.

Al Teal
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2