Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Just Chit Chat
 Any Christian jugglers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:19:55  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody.

After a certain incident with a car, Cloak made a thread and asked for people to pray for her. As a booster for myself, I can tell everybody that I finally decided to become a Christian, which has something to do with why I believe this thread might work. But that's not what this thread is about - please keep reading.

This morning, my grandfather was taken to the hospital. The only thing I've heard so far is that it may be a heart attack, similar to the one he had 30 years ago, but we haven't heard anything for some hours. I really can't say how fond I am of him except it's a lot, and I must just beg you to pray for him.

Sloppy Sondre -
Six time Inter-universal Anthony Gatto juggling forum World- And Remaining Parts of Excistence Photo Caption Federation 2007-2008 Championships All Division Overall Victorious Undisputed Dominating Grand Champion Master Winner

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't belive in god but I offer you my best wishes. I hope everything goes well.
Go to Top of Page

GLF
Level 3

USA
610 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  11:33:04  Show Profile  Visit GLF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yomay

Hi everybody. I can tell everybody that I finally decided to become a Christian

That's wonderful Sondre!

quote:

This morning, my grandfather was taken to the hospital. The only thing I've heard so far is that it may be a heart attack, similar to the one he had 30 years ago, but we haven't heard anything for some hours. I really can't say how fond I am of him except it's a lot, and I must just beg you to pray for him.

I'm really sorry to hear that, and I and my family will definitely pray for you.

($)~@~($)
Juggle Forever!

Edited by - GLF on 04/10/2008 11:35:21
Go to Top of Page

David Cain
Level 4

USA
1049 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  13:07:58  Show Profile  Visit David Cain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will be praying for him. Let us know how things are going.
David Cain

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  14:33:41  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope your grandfather remains well and safe. Send him my regards!

Ady
Sponsored by Oddballs juggling-Britains leading juggling store.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisFowler
Level 4

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  18:48:37  Show Profile  Visit ChrisFowler's Homepage  Send ChrisFowler an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Alright, Sondre-will do. And like David said, be sure to let us know how things are going.

ForestCloak
Level 2

Canada
142 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  23:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know I'm praying for you bud and waiting for any news *hugs*
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  01:13:23  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your support and prayers a lot. I feel much more confident about the whole thing.

In other news, my dad talked to my grandmother last night. The doctors are assuming it was heart flicker due to too much stress lately. He's ok, but quite weak. The "prediction", however, is that he will be just fine. Thank God.

Sloppy Sondre -
Six time Inter-universal Anthony Gatto juggling forum World- And Remaining Parts of Excistence Photo Caption Federation 2007-2008 Championships All Division Overall Victorious Undisputed Dominating Grand Champion Master Winner
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2

Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  06:48:17  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's good to read that there are so many christian jugglers here!

I'll pray for your grandfather and your conversion Sondre: you're doing a great step, don't forget it...

memento gaudere semper

Daniele Caselli
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  10:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's good to hear everything is alright for the moment. Now begins the hard part since aging and stress are a particularly bad combination. I hope your gradfather can take it easy from now on.

I'm glad you found yourself something to believe in. I find it is a good thing, whatever it may be.
Go to Top of Page

ForestCloak
Level 2

Canada
142 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  11:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yomay

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your support and prayers a lot. I feel much more confident about the whole thing.

In other news, my dad talked to my grandmother last night. The doctors are assuming it was heart flicker due to too much stress lately. He's ok, but quite weak. The "prediction", however, is that he will be just fine. Thank God.

Sloppy Sondre -

That's fantastic Sondre! I pray he'll get stronger as time goes by. I know these recoverys can be hard, but I'm happy that he is recovering
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2

Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  14:25:33  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spathever

I'm glad you found yourself something to believe in. I find it is a good thing, whatever it may be.

It seems you are still looking for God, and you would like to believe in Him. Good "luck" Spathever, I hope it's just a matter of time!

memento gaudere semper

Daniele Caselli
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  01:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kasetta

quote:

It seems you are still looking for God, and you would like to believe in Him. Good "luck" Spathever, I hope it's just a matter of time!

memento gaudere semper

Daniele Caselli

Only thing I'm looking for atm is a coherent moral code. I don't want to be limited by something outside of myself, and believe it or not I'm just as happy with my life as any believer. I'm culturally and ethically christian but I know that I will never believe in a supernatural (meaning the ability to trancend natural laws) entity for many reasons I feel best not discussed here since people might get upset, even though I feel religion is inherently a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2

Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  03:42:53  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Only thing I'm looking for atm is a coherent moral code.

So you think you are still immoral :) just joking!

quote:
I don't want to be limited by something outside of myself,

I reply only to this statement: what's the difference? You said you're ethically and culturally christian, so you "limit" yourself as much as a Christian "limit" himself. Even if "to limit" is not the proper verb, as you surely know, as all the "God's laws" are rational and moral and aim to the human kind's well being.

memento gaudere semper

Daniele Caselli
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  10:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want to discuss or debate about it then start a different thread. This thread is not for that discussion. I may be over-polite, but I don't want to discuss it in a thread made for a specific human being in distress.
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2

Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  08:59:03  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The subject of this topic is the first out of topic Spathever, but I do not intend to create a new topic because there are so many on forum.

Anyway since his pain has taken him to think of God, I don't find our debate out of topic: nay it's even more important to think that our aim should be to fully appreciate God's love not only when we have problems, but every single minute of our life. That's why I tried to let you think about God!!

I hope you understand what I mean: it seems you thinked I was lacking in respect to him... That's not the case: if you were christian you'd undersand what I mean...

memento gaudere semper

Daniele Caselli
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2