Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Siteswaps
 Siteswaps
 For those who have posted on the WJF forums...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GLF
Level 3

USA
610 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  13:37:12  Show Profile  Visit GLF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I'm just curious; now that the WJF forum is open only to WJF members, how many of those who have posted there will buy a membership in order to still be able to post, and how many will simply not post or post elsewhere?
Personally, I'll just post elsewhere.

NOTE: This thread is not meant to be a discussion of Jason's new rules, but rather a simple survey to see how many people he's driven away and how many people want to post enough that they will pay for it.

($)~@~($)
Juggle Forever!

Choices:

I''ll just post elsewhere
I''ll buy a WJF membership
I''ve already got a WJF membership

(Anonymous Vote - Viewing results before voting will spoil your vote)

ForestCloak
Level 2

Canada
142 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  13:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm probably just going to post elsewhere for now. I'm not going to buy a membership just to post. I mean, I'm hoping to go to the WJF this year so I'll probably get a membership anyways, but not right now. Also, I'm not to keen on posting with my full name on there. It would mean that many people would know know who ForestCloak really is or make a new youtube account. For now I remain away from the WJF forums which is too bad as there were some really helpful people on there.
Go to Top of Page

Jaksi
Level 2

Finland
331 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  15:06:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elsewhere. Bad move by Garfield.

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  17:26:34  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I totally see why he did it, but there are of course bad sides to it which I don't think the good sides quite make up for. I'm a member already, so I am going to keep hanging there.

Sloppy Sondre -
Six time Inter-universal Anthony Gatto juggling forum World- And Remaining Parts of Excistence Photo Caption Federation 2007-2008 Championships All Division Overall Victorious Undisputed Dominating Grand Champion Master Winner
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  18:11:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a member already too but I had to create a new account and variety of things happened (my fault) and I can't log in. I'm not going to bother with it and just stay away from the WJF forums for awhile. But I guess I should do something about it sooner or later.

I think a member-only forum is the worst idea since someone though they could take over Iraq in a week. I can't imagine why he was mad enough to lock up the forums. I mean there was nothing out of the ordinary going on. Ignorant people dissing the WJF, ignorat people dissing the WJF dissers and people who try to either stay away or to settle the differences. Nothing new there.
Go to Top of Page

vandrizzle
Level 1

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  20:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love the wjf forum and i am a member so i will still post there. I completely understand why jason did it but in the past day the conversations have really slowed up.
Go to Top of Page

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  08:17:47  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand why he did it, and I think it is a good move on his part. I didn't renew my membership (likewise with the IJA) as I'm not juggling at the moment or really into discussing it.

Andrew Gradisher
Go to Top of Page

malec
Level 1

Ireland
13 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  11:28:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's a great idea if he wanted to kill his forum.
I don't get why he made it wjf members only. There was already a members only section.
It's a pity since I liked the layout of that forum the best.
As for me I'll just post elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

GLF
Level 3

USA
610 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  13:26:01  Show Profile  Visit GLF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mutton

I understand why he did it, and I think it is a good move on his part. I didn't renew my membership (likewise with the IJA) as I'm not juggling at the moment or really into discussing it.

Andrew Gradisher

Why exactly do you think that it was a good move on his part? I'm just curious, because most people have either said "bad move" or "I see good sides and bad sides".
Also, why aren't you juggling? That's terrible! If it's health or something, I hope you feel better soon.

($)~@~($)
Juggle Forever!
Go to Top of Page

kiljo
Level 2

135 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  14:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt know that the forum is for members only now, thats kinda sad... But I dont really post there or here to much so it doesnt affect me all that much.

Proud to be a hokie.
Go to Top of Page

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  17:19:42  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GLF

quote:

Andrew Gradisher

Why exactly do you think that it was a good move on his part? I'm just curious, because most people have either said "bad move" or "I see good sides and bad sides".
Also, why aren't you juggling? That's terrible! If it's health or something, I hope you feel better soon.

($)~@~($)
Juggle Forever!

Well, if you read Jason's reasons for doing what he did, I think they make sense. I won't repeat all of them here, as I am tired and lazy [Just got back from Burning Club - it was rawesome - we missed ya, Glen!]. If Jason only wants serious discussion in his forum, then I think it is good to charge a fee. This makes posters take the forum and its rules a bit more seriously as they have invested money into it (and they also can't hide behind a screen name, since they must use their real names).

Yeah, I can't juggle because of my elbow. Well, I juggled a bit at the Burning Club, but only because I was at a juggling festival and abusing my arm for a day of fun is worth it.*

*Kids, please consult your primary physician before you engage in said abuse at a juggling festival

Andrew Gradisher
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  03:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reasons Jason did it are certainly logical and understandable. I just can't agree with a closed forum for the WJF. I thought it was good pr too since things were going quite well.

Then again people have a hard time grasping the fact that there is no real dividing rift in juggling world. It's mostly between a handful of people's (like Anthony's and Jason's) hardcore followers who don't know how they should behave towards "the other side" and newbies.

Edited by - Ville on 04/07/2008 03:48:48
Go to Top of Page

Boris
New/Lurker

3 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  13:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reason why i joined this forum is because of this move. Juggling is definitely something you can learn from others, jugglers should help eachother... and a forum only for members that pay does not quite help. =(
Go to Top of Page

GLF
Level 3

USA
610 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  17:39:00  Show Profile  Visit GLF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

[Just got back from Burning Club - it was rawesome - we missed ya, Glen!].

Andrew Gradisher

Yeah, it's too bad I missed it. From what I hear it was a really good fest. We moved out of OH though, otherwise I probably would have been there. Now most festivals are a bit more of a drive. However, we will be at R.I.T., so if you're coming I'll see you there!

($)~@~($)
Juggle Forever!
Go to Top of Page

Emman
Level 2

Canada
153 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  20:26:02  Show Profile  Click to see Emman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jason started posting more on forums so it's a nice thing, before he would rarely ever post except if there was a question for him. I had a membership already so I still have an ccount there and I like the peoples who post there too, I like pretty much all juggler so... :P

Go to Top of Page

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  20:52:31  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GLF

quote:

[Just got back from Burning Club - it was rawesome - we missed ya, Glen!].

Andrew Gradisher

Yeah, it's too bad I missed it. From what I hear it was a really good fest. We moved out of OH though, otherwise I probably would have been there. Now most festivals are a bit more of a drive. However, we will be at R.I.T., so if you're coming I'll see you there!

($)~@~($)
Juggle Forever!

Oh, didn't know that! Where'd you move to? I probably won't be at RIT, but I know a few BG/UT people who are going.

Andrew Gradisher
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2