Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 Today I....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  18:17:31  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
I wanted to start a new thread for two reasons, I think this topic could be interesting and the other is I am so sick of seeing Yngve Svelton at the top of the posts... he doesn't exist people!!!

Anyway, the thread will be about what you accomplished in juggling today(or whenever you look at this thread be it tomorrow, next week whatever. If you don't feel you accomplished anything other than a normal practice, then don't feel obligated to post anything.

I wanted to start this thread a few weeks ago but got to caught up in other things. My thread then would have been... Today I nailed 3 7 club 5 up pirouettes in the same run on the first try. So, since it's not three weeks ago, I will start with today I learned a new trick with 5 rings.

Looking forward to hearing your Today I responses!

A.G.

alienghost
Level 4

USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  20:38:31  Show Profile  Send alienghost an AOL message
This is a good idea for a thread, although it might make me feel as if I wasted some valuable juggling days when I have nothing to post :D . Anyway, today I finally got a decent run of my penguin box.

Ian Miller

Edited by - alienghost on 04/03/2008 20:39:13
Go to Top of Page

MasterKatra42
Level 3

USA
585 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  20:38:59  Show Profile  Visit MasterKatra42's Homepage  Send MasterKatra42 an AOL message
You know, Anthony, there's a thread already called Personal Best/New Moves. That's where most people put their new accomplishments. Either way, I do have something I did today that I was very proud of.

I got five separate 5 up 360s, catching all handles. Usually I average one a day, sloppy with lots of foot movement, but this time I got five out of twenty attempts and they were all really nice. I received some tips that I wasn't crossing my last club enough, so after I started doing that, the five ups started coming. Boy it felt nice.

~Joe

Check out the jog: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

danielcoyne
Level 1

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  22:27:23  Show Profile
I had some fun breakthroughs with bounce juggling:

* went from 5-ball force bounce to a lift bounce several times.
* tucked a ball under chin and returned it into 5-ball bounce pattern (force and lift).
* went from 4 in the air to 4-ball "ice cream cone" bounce shower.
* had some encouraging success with that 4-ball bounce pattern where one goes behind your back. (I've seen Ivan Pecell do it in his bounce routine.)

This is coming after quite a long time of monotonous practice and slow progress, so it feels quite exciting. : )

-Daniel

Go to Top of Page

kiljo
Level 2

135 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  22:58:19  Show Profile
I was trying a new trick for me, where in a 5 ball cascade you throw 2 overheads and then three behind the back throws and then you catch the two you threw as overheads behind the back and the three you threw behind the back as overheads... Im sorry if that confused anyone, but I thought that it would be a cool trick so I tried it for a while. I managed to get two overheads thrown and two behind the back and then nail myself in the back of the head with the third and get hit in the head by the two overheads on the way down... Im sure that it would have been funny to see.

Proud to be a hokie.
Go to Top of Page

Emman
Level 2

Canada
153 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  23:09:43  Show Profile  Click to see Emman's MSN Messenger address
Did some amazing runs of 6 rings, which feels very nice :)By amazing I mean amazing for me, which is around 100 catches :P
Go to Top of Page

Caio Stevanovich
Level 3

Brazil
868 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  00:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Caio Stevanovich's Homepage  Click to see Caio Stevanovich's MSN Messenger address Send Caio Stevanovich a Private Message
Today I had a show, but couldn't go 'cause I had a text on the college. Than My dad and my 8 years old brother went to the show.
It was the third performance show of my brother (Nicholas, 8 years old), but he already had worked as a clown, and my other brother (Enrico, 5 years old) had already worked as a clown and is working on juggling too, he is already doing 2 balls and 2 rings perfectly and some other stuff.

Ok, I know that I suppose to talk about me, but watch they juggling is the most amazing thing that I can see, better than my practices sections.

============
Caio Cesar - A brazilian juggler!
You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - Caio Stevanovich on 04/04/2008 00:24:53
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  10:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage
It's not juggling but excuse me for wanting to burst out with this: 24 back and forth motions idling on a unicycle. whoo!

Ady
Sponsored by Oddballs juggling-Britains leading juggling store.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  15:13:42  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message
A nice 8 ring routine.... 8 rings, 6 up pirr, into fountain, then break down, back up and finish with pulldown.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

Jaksi
Level 2

Finland
331 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  18:38:43  Show Profile
I did a 5b5up360 starting with my left hand today... nothing compared to ^that tho :)

Oh and non-juggling wise I did my first switch kickflip today :)

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  03:20:07  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message
Hmm a 6 ring pulldown :P haven't worked on rings for over a year, and only done a 6 ring pulldown once before, then under a higher ceiling and after many more attempts, but I only think it took about 5 tries this time. It's not so special, but I felt it was like a jump in pulldown-ability, since I usually have trouble with the 5 ring version. Suddenly both are much easier. Also my 7 ring flashes are really consistent all of a sudden. Hmm, did this have anything to do with new rings?

Sloppy Sondre -
Six time Inter-universal Anthony Gatto juggling forum World- And Remaining Parts of Excistence Photo Caption Federation 2007-2008 Championships All Division Overall Victorious Undisputed Dominating Grand Champion Master Winner
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  03:47:01  Show Profile
Or possibly the fact that you haven't worked on rings for over a year :D You have improved your overall juggling ability quite a lot wouldn't you agree?

I did 5 ball cascade for about half a minute yesterday (couldn't post it then)! Though my technique is getting a bit worse. I may be getting too good at catching the balls so I can catch even the bad throws and continue the pattern. Have to concentrate on my technique a bit more.

Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  04:09:00  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message
Ok, so my overall juggling is a bit better, but also my 5 ring cascade has, whenever attempted, been consistent as far a a qualify. When I got new rings that were 1/5 thicker, it became solid instantly! What a feeling! I may start doing rings again... maybe.

Sloppy Sondre -
Six time Inter-universal Anthony Gatto juggling forum World- And Remaining Parts of Excistence Photo Caption Federation 2007-2008 Championships All Division Overall Victorious Undisputed Dominating Grand Champion Master Winner
Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  07:21:01  Show Profile
I think thicker = more weight = better feel for the throws :)

I learned 4 ball shower today! Hoorray. I just though maybe I could try it today and it wasn't long before I got to the point of being able to flash it pretty well. At the end I usually pass three balls to my throwing hand. Am I just making it harder for myself for no apparrent gain except for some transitions and multiplexes (and maybe for 6 ball shower :D)?
Go to Top of Page

Orash111
Level 3

USA
743 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  17:38:27  Show Profile Send Orash111 a Private Message
After working on 5 ring full reverse everyday for the past 3.5 months I decided to do an endurance run. I got 214 catches on the 2nd try.

Arash
Go to Top of Page

Emman
Level 2

Canada
153 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  19:28:54  Show Profile  Click to see Emman's MSN Messenger address
I can finally run a bounce trick I've been working a little bit on, throw one as a bounce and throw 2 3's then throw another bounce from the other hand etc... (633) But not with balls nuhuh with rings!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2