Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Siteswaps
 Siteswaps
 How come Anthony doesn't like siteswaps?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SamGraff
Level 1

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  12:05:13  Show Profile  Send SamGraff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha... now I did.

I totally agree with the whole 97531 thing. It's so great visually since, when done right, the balls all peak at the same time and just float in the air for a minute. In the same sense, something like 744 looks good because there's a high and a low element to it. But people just don't understand siteswaps that don't take up a lot of space in the air. Things like 66661 just aren't impressive to non-jugglers. I preform a lot at my high school and it's always a challenge to find a good middle-ground. I like mix up my routines a lot (ie: 360's / overheads / millsmess / backcrosses / etc.) I'm wondering, what siteswaps get the best reaction from non-jugglers? What are good crowd pleasers aside from fire and knives?
Go to Top of Page

GLF
Level 3

USA
610 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  15:16:55  Show Profile  Visit GLF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SamGraff
What are good crowd pleasers aside from fire and knives?

Eating the apple. You can do it with a couple different siteswaps, such as (4x,2)* and 423.

~@~
GLF, who automatically expects disagreement with his posts, possibly and probably including the one above this signiture
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  16:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
720s also work really well, it seems.
Go to Top of Page

SamGraff
Level 1

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  23:08:12  Show Profile  Send SamGraff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yea? Honestly, I feel like people wouldn't know the difference. Or at least, wouldn't appreciate the difference. I suppose you would need to build up to it... like a 180, then another, then a 360, then a 720. But I'll give it a go and get back to you, eventually.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  00:11:10  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Multi level showers are good for a "normal" audience...when run through a few times in succession. Aside from the height difference of the balls, it is the "circle pattern" that all non jugglers are so familiar with
quote:
Originally posted by SamGraff

haha... now I did.

I totally agree with the whole 97531 thing. It's so great visually since, when done right, the balls all peak at the same time and just float in the air for a minute. In the same sense, something like 744 looks good because there's a high and a low element to it. But people just don't understand siteswaps that don't take up a lot of space in the air. Things like 66661 just aren't impressive to non-jugglers. I preform a lot at my high school and it's always a challenge to find a good middle-ground. I like mix up my routines a lot (ie: 360's / overheads / millsmess / backcrosses / etc.) I'm wondering, what siteswaps get the best reaction from non-jugglers? What are good crowd pleasers aside from fire and knives?

You must be logged in to see this link.
T.B.M.
Go to Top of Page

manuel886202
Level 2

Peru
187 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  02:06:32  Show Profile  Visit manuel886202's Homepage  Send manuel886202 an AOL message  Click to see manuel886202's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

It's a difficult task to balance how much time to devote on learning and practicing. It takes years and years and years to really evaluate what will be helpful in your career and what will only waste your time. When you are young like Manuel appears to be, the world is at your fingertips you want to conquer everything you can. With that motivation you very well should try your hand in as many things as you can. When you have over 3 decades of experience you should have by then, clearly defined your yourself and your future in what you are doing. I say to Manuel... learn all you can, that's great ambition, I say to myself, I'll sit back and drink a beer and relax with the knowledge that I have defined myself and know what I must do.

A.G.

Thanks for the answer Anthony. I just read it cause for some reason I didn't receive the replies e-mail.

Manuel Rospigliosi
Go to Top of Page

manuel886202
Level 2

Peru
187 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  02:10:30  Show Profile  Visit manuel886202's Homepage  Send manuel886202 an AOL message  Click to see manuel886202's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

quote:
Originally posted by manuel886202
...I think you should learn everything you can.

...it's impossible to do everything on my want/can learn list. Now, there is the even bigger list of what other people want me to do/learn. I have to ignore even more of those items.

Like I said to Anthony, thanks for the answer. I just read it because for some reason I didn't receive the replies e-mail.

Manuel Rospigliosi
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  14:51:47  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think somebody as good as Anthony Gatto should know siteswaps.

Evan
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  17:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evanp

I think somebody as good as Anthony Gatto should know siteswaps.

I think you, myself, and everyone else needs to keep this info in mind.

I think you should know this information, but not use it as an excuse. Even if your brain isn't fully functional, anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out how arrogant that statement might seem to others. Don't you think, Evan?

You aren't the first to say this, Evan, nor the last, unfortunately. Even going through being a teenager myself and knowing the brain research, and seeing this comment dozens of times, it still manages to shock me* that someone that been has been juggling for around two years feels comfortable in expressing advice to Anthony on juggling.

"The fifties are the infancy of old age." ~David Frederick McWhorter Altman
..~/!(:*:)!\~..
Dave, a juggler

Go to Top of Page

Finland
501 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  01:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess it's the "should" that's shoking. Most people would just be glad to see Anthony learn siteswaps so we could see more of his great juggling. For some I don't know why, maybe for Anthony to be even better. But we should all know that he doesn't need them himself, that much is clear. The only reason he could have to learn siteswaps better is to provide some extra entertainment for the juggling audience through videos or if he decides to come to conventions, but that's about it.

Live, learn and juggle
Oh me got six cookies, and boy me feelin grand!
Go to Top of Page

fettucinibrother
Level 3

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  07:16:03  Show Profile  Visit fettucinibrother's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spathever

. Most people would just be glad to see Anthony learn siteswaps so we could see more of his great juggling.
The only reason he could have to learn siteswaps better is to provide some extra entertainment for the juggling audience through videos or if he decides to come to conventions, but that's about it.

Live, learn and juggle
Oh me got six cookies, and boy me feelin grand!

Well, speaking for this "long time" member of the juggling community... I could care less if he bothers with Schiteschwaps. Jugglers like Anthony, myself, and many other older jugglers who have been around a lot longer than schiteschwaps have... could really care less about them... much less, see them as entertaining or important to learn. Fine, if some of you newer juggler like them, just keep it to yourselves and stop bothering the rest of us with how good or important you think it is.
AL

Go to Top of Page

rdiss
Level 2

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  14:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fettucinibrother
[br
Well, speaking for this "long time" member of the juggling community... I could care less if he bothers with Schiteschwaps. Jugglers like Anthony, myself, and many other older jugglers who have been around a lot longer than schiteschwaps have... could really care less about them... much less, see them as entertaining or important to learn. Fine, if some of you newer juggler like them, just keep it to yourselves and stop bothering the rest of us with how good or important you think it is.
AL

. . . now go on. And get off my lawn, you kids!

-bd
(45)
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  16:26:43  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdiss

When an old man tells you to get off his lawn, you better do it!

"The fifties are the infancy of old age." ~David Frederick McWhorter Altman
..~/!(:*:)!\~..
Dave, a juggler

Go to Top of Page

fettucinibrother
Level 3

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  18:23:30  Show Profile  Visit fettucinibrother's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdiss

quote:
Originally posted by fettucinibrother

-bd
(45)

(as I pull my trousers up way above my waist line)

... you do have to admit that it gets trite and odious to hear that same line over and over and over again by the schiteschwap lubbers... "how come Anthony doesn't do them". How many times is that now?...

Edited by - fettucinibrother on 02/10/2009 18:26:06
Go to Top of Page

SamMalcolm
Level 1

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  03:11:34  Show Profile  Visit SamMalcolm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
(as I pull my trousers up way above my waist line)..."how come Anthony doesn't do them". How many times is that now?...

I think the obvious answer to give to a lot of people is "he doesnt need to" :). I like the idea of siteswaps for talking to people with text like on the internet but other than that I just do the trick that looks good and dont worry about what numbers are where at what time.

Sam Malcolm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2