Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Siteswaps
 Siteswaps
 Jason Garfield
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lewisd
Level 1

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  10:42:37  Show Profile  Click to see lewisd's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay now people whats your verdict on Jason Garfield, i use the wjf forum as well and there is a bit of slating there but i think most people like him on there, so i wondered about the people on here
so woddya think.

vaca36
Level 2

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:09:45  Show Profile  Visit vaca36's Homepage Send vaca36 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For a long time I think people thought that his stage character and his actual personality were the same. I realize that there is a difference. Unfortunately, I seems like there are many cases in recent times, the two seem to be hard to distinguish a separation. Having never met the guy, I don't want to make any other judgments.

--Joel Wires

I'm going to be a daddy!
Go to Top of Page

Jaksi
Level 2

Finland
331 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  12:28:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find his comedy/videos funny. I dont agree with some of his decicions tho..

But I definitely think that the WJF is a good thing for juggling and thats all thanks to mr Garfield.

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  12:44:29  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lewis, this is a bit of an over-done topic. I don't think you are going to get a definitive answer. Many of the same people on the WJF are the same people on here. Not me, though, since I was banned from the WJF forum. ;-) There are many people that read all of the juggling forums. Most of the responses are going to fall between Joel's and Jaksi. Although, both of their answers are mixed. Art or Sport; Garfield=good, Garfield=evil; you might as well argue religion or politics.

Dave, "A juggler, banned in Las Vegas."
Go to Top of Page

vaca36
Level 2

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  13:23:47  Show Profile  Visit vaca36's Homepage Send vaca36 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

...Art or Sport; Garfield=good, Garfield=evil; you might as well argue religion or politics

True Dave. We all know how well those topics have been settled on this forum.

I agree with Jaski. Some of his comedy videos and routines are very funny. Some of his decisions... yeah, no comment.

I don't want to come off as a Garfield hater. I think the 2 best things he's ever done is, start the WJF which has done a lot towards pushing the level of technical juggling ability and his 2002 IJA routine; 'nuf said.

--Joel Wires

I'm going to be a daddy!
Go to Top of Page

JimboWizbo
Level 1

62 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  16:57:26  Show Profile  Click to see JimboWizbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think he's a pretty damn good juggler 8)
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  11:47:44  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did any of you know that you can be an artsy juggler and still go to You must be logged in to see this link.

So long as they try to understand at least some of the view points of sport jugglers and obviously not take the absoloute mickey out of sport juggglers/juggling.Very rarely is their an Anti-Anthony post up their-it's a shame that there are so many Anti-WJF posts here.

I can't wait for the time to come for someone to build a major juggling forum with a mixture of sport and creative AND anthony supporters as members. Well, theres always R.J but theirs often the odd sport art 'debate' (not argument) posted. then maybe people will realise that true juggling involves anything and everything. Yes, teir is such thing as juggling as a sport, art, and creative skill all in one. They don't divide ice skating into sport, art, creative skill-they just accept that it is and should always be them all. I apologise for getting involved in the debate myself however, I am not either either-I'm ALL! so STOP moaning about the WJF! STOP arguing over what we all enjoy!
Thank you...

You must be logged in to see this link.
Adrian Pole
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  15:51:22  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJugglerDudeAdy

So long as they try to understand at least some of the view points of sport jugglers and obviously not take the absoloute mickey out of sport juggglers/juggling.Very rarely is their an Anti-Anthony post up their-it's a shame that there are so many Anti-WJF posts here.

Didn't Jason close the Anthony thread because he didn't want it discussed or something?

Sondre, or something
Go to Top of Page

BWezz
Level 2

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  06:50:44  Show Profile  Send BWezz an ICQ Message  Click to see BWezz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleJugglerDudeAdy

Snip
They don't divide ice skating into sport, art, creative skill-they just accept that it is and should always be them all.
Snip

Adrian Pole

Actually, they DO divide Ice skating into sport and art divisions.

We are Borg, resistance is futile.
Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  09:50:08  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok then. either way you get my idea. this or that? I dont care!

Adrian Pole
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

140 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  16:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really agree with Adrian here!
It's so stupid to argue about this!
Juggling can be done as a sport and juggling can be done as an art!
It can be both!
Jason have said, many times, that juggling also can be an art, but the way he does it it is a sport! I don't see why juggling can't be a sport whe almost everything else is.
Juggling can be done as a sport and as an art!
I do juggling as both of them!

And about Jason's humour:
I love it! Hes videoes is really funny. The first time I saw one of his videoes and then later read a topic here about hes character in his video being his normal way of behaving, I just had to laugh. If you guys don't understand that its a character, then you guys have no humour at all! And please son't say anything about him if you haven't met him!

Jason has done so much for juggling, and will continiue with it a long time!

Sport or Art?
Sport or Art?
Sport or Art?
who cares....its juggling!
Go to Top of Page

vandrizzle
Level 1

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  21:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I 100% agree with adrian here
jason garfield is an extremely nice guy and one of the most generous and helpfull people ive ever met.

and what he has done with the wjf is amazing, he brought it up from nothing to be on espn. its even growing; look at wjf4 people lik malte peter arah and doug sayers came and were awesome!
jason=good wjf=great!
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  14:37:48  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jason Garfield may seem mean and self centerd at times but he is usually just tring to make a good point. I think Jason Garfield is actually a really nice guy and has a big heart.

sorry everyone I did not know that editing my post will bump it to the top!

Evan

Edited by - Evan Patterson on 03/04/2009 19:53:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2