Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 FAQ'S AND POSTING GUIDELINES
 WELCOME NEW AND OLD MEMBERS!
 Gatto's FAQ's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  17:21:08  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Q: What type of balls do you practice with?
A: I use Pinkie Balls which can sometimes be purchased at toy stores or online at this address: You must be logged in to see this link.

Q: What type of ball do you juggle on stage with?
A: I use Renegade 3 inch small stage balls which can be found at this address:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Q: What type of head bouncing ball do you use?
A: I use a 5 inch playground ball which can be found at this address:

Q: What type of clubs do you use?
A: I use Renegade 85mm clubs which can be found at this address:

Q: What type of Rings do you use?
A: I use a renegade standard ring which can be found at this address:

Q:My hands are torn up from rings, what's a good product to help heal them?
A: I use a product called Aquaphore. It's very greasy so you have to thoroughly wash you hands before you juggle. You should try to apply this at least three times per day. Here is a link:

Q: How many hours per day do you practice?
A: This depends on my work schedule. I practice about 2 hours per day, 3 days per week.

Q: Who taught you how to juggle?
A: My stepfather Nick Gatto who was an acrobat and did juggling as a side act.

Q: What is your fitness regimen?
A: The most important part of my fitness regimen is cardiovascular work. I like running to keep in good cardio shape. I also lift weights, but try not to become to muscular for a few reasons. Reason number one it can effect flexibility and speed which is not beneficial for juggling and reason number two is, too much muscle is just plain ugly. I also try to eat sensibly, I do not diet but I watch what I eat. I really don't drink soda too much, maybe one time per week.

Q: How long have you been juggling and when did you begin?
A: I began to juggle at age 3(almost 4). Now I am 34 years old so that as you can calculate makes 31 years.

Q: Are you a member of any juggling organizations?
A: No, I am not a member of any juggling organizations nor intend to become a member.

Q: How long have you been performing?
A: I had my first real gig at age 8, that was the television show "That's Incredible." I also did local shows in my old hometown of Ellicott City, Maryland. At age 9 I started working continuously in the big time venues of the world.

Q: Who is your favorite juggler?
A: My favorite is the late and great Francis Brunn. I also enjoy Enrico Rastelli, Evgeni Biljauer,
Rudi Cardenas, Sergei Ignatow, Kris Kremo, Dick Franco.

Q: Is juggling art or sport?
A: I have come to the conclusion after many discussions on this topic that juggling is an art form only when it is put into the hands of an artist. I have seen so much juggling in my life and realized it is not all beautiful. I never would have thought that it could be quite mundane and boring but I have seen with my own eyes that it very well can be.

Q: Can I watch you practice someday?
A: I would have to say no. I practice for myself and for my work, it's not a spectators time. If you want to see me live, buy a ticket to my show, there you will see the reason I practice and the results of my efforts which is far more important.

Q: Do you teach?
A: I used to give workshops with Nick Gatto but I haven't been interested to do so. I would not want to teach privately for income right now. At this time I am teaching (pro bono) a very promising young girl. She is on tour in the same show as I am and I must say that I hope we can spend a number of years together. If it happens, I think you will all see great things from her.

Q: Was there ever a place that you dreamed about performing and actually did?
A: As a matter of fact, there was one place in my life that I really hoped I would be lucky enough to have the chance to play, and that was the Lido in Paris. I did end up performing there for 7 months back in 2002.

Q: What is juggling to you?
A: It is a chance to give something to people who look for wonder. When I perform I feel it is my personal duty to take the audience away from reality for the 10 minutes that I am given to do so. I give them a performance that is seemingly impossible to them, therefore giving way to let their imagination run freely.

Q: Do you watch any of the videos posted in the "video" section.
A: I am not one to watch internet practice videos. Truthfully it's very difficult for me to be excited about someones practice. If an individual is having a particular problem with a trick or something, then I would be more inclined to watch a video to offer my assistance.

A.G.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2