Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 Crotch throw help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orash111
Level 3

USA
743 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  02:11:52  Show Profile Send Orash111 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I need some help on this, I have been working on it for a year now continously. A lot of times I feel like I can run this pattern, but when I try to do it I can't catch the clubs long enough to run it. It goes up to 4 catches at the most and then I drop (record is 6 catches). I've found that the problem is that I flip the clubs too fast and therefore I have trouble catching them. Also flipping them fast causes them to hit my shoulders which is quite annoying. I don't want to carry on like this and make the over flipping permanent. Can anyone offer some advice and drills into helping me change my throws so they aren't so flippy. Oh and one thing I have tried is slowing down the pattern which does help a bit, but I could definatly use more help. I feel that if I get past this crotch throws will become much easier.

Thanks

Arash

roope kakkola
Level 1

Finland
25 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  04:46:39  Show Profile  Click to see roope kakkola's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You should try to do them with some slow spinning or similar clubs at that stage, or at least that's helped me quite a lot.

roope
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  08:30:10  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First, did you see my tutorial on it?

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

Orash111
Level 3

USA
743 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  21:43:41  Show Profile Send Orash111 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, I did see your tutorial. I work on crotch throws both the way you said in your tutorial and I also practice tennising one club back and forth as a crotch throw. That has helped me get to were I am but I have been platuaed at the same points for months now.

Arash
Go to Top of Page

Kurro
Level 2

Sweden
365 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  14:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh didnt know you had made a tutorial on this Anthony. Going to donwload it now, thanks!

Jonathan Lindgren
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  13:53:49  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So today I experimented with the crotch throw to see what could be a cause of over turning. All that I could come up with was may you are using too much of the knob to make the throw in addition to not being bent over enough with your body. Also, I notice that when making the throw, I am using the thumb, index and middle finger. My index and middle finger are spread a bit apart for my throw. I feel this helps to control the rotation. I hope this helps, it really is difficult to give you a 100% accurate direction to go without actually seeing you in person trying this maneuver.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

Orash111
Level 3

USA
743 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  22:48:47  Show Profile Send Orash111 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, I wasn't expecting too much since you haven't seen me trying it. I think you are right about using the knob too much. I realized that last night and tried paying more attention to that today. I started working on more drills to get the pattern smoother instead of just building up the number of catches from 2 to 4 like I have been doing every practice. I hope it works. Only time can tell. Thanks again.

Arash
Go to Top of Page

Orash111
Level 3

USA
743 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  20:00:44  Show Profile Send Orash111 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I'm happy. I started working on crotch throws earlier during my practice, and I payed attention to using 3 fingers like you said Anthony and it has been working wonders. I actually am realizing a ton of improvement in just a week. My throws are much nicer. Thank you so much for the tip.

Arash

Edited by - Orash111 on 08/20/2007 20:01:44
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  10:24:07  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is so awesome. I always hope when I give advice here that I am pinpointing the correct problem and to hear the positive feedback it really means a lot... glad it's working for you Arash.

A.G.

Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  14:15:49  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I came on the forum and saw "Crotch Throw Hel..." and Anthony's name, I thought, "CROTCH THROW HELICOPTERS!, how did I miss that topic! Are those possible? That would be a super-awesome trick. That would be a video I'd like to see, even done ragged, it would be very impressive.

Dave, "A juggler, whose studio is going to begin to feel the pressure."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2