Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Siteswaps
 Siteswaps
 Does the WJF do drug testing?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  17:02:31  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't see enough reason to move this thread from this location. It's as much on topic as most threads. If it bothers or offends anyone, I suggest ignoring it and let it disappear.

Dave, "A juggler, whose studio has traveled more than he has."
Go to Top of Page

koenig1
Level 5

USA
2710 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  20:13:30  Show Profile  Visit koenig1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vaca36

Drugs would come more into play for things like endurance and pure strength. Maybe if Brian K. was on a roid rage* :) (and some bigger hands) maybe he could get a 14 ball flash or run 12 balls for 100+ catches.

*I know Koenig doesn't take drugs. I'm just referencing his recent success with 12.

--Joel Wires
Juggling in Ankeny, Iowa, with 87% humidity.
More juggle, less talk.

How do you know I wasn't on the roids when I made that video?

"At BK you've got it"
Go to Top of Page

andrewg
Level 2

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  20:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, that'd be so bad. I'm very impressed you pulled that off. Your juggling is progressing a lot faster than mine, but I'm sure you practice way more than I do. Keep it up!!!!

Edited by - andrewg on 10/09/2007 20:20:27
Go to Top of Page

Kurro
Level 2

Sweden
365 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  13:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there are drugs that can make you focus much more, and this could probably work on your juggling. Like when you are on stage or in a competition it can remove the nervousness and make it easier to ignore disturbancing noices.
Im not really into drugs so im not sure tho.

Jonathan Lindgren

Edited by - Kurro on 10/17/2007 13:29:25
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  14:00:28  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I think the WJF does do drug testing. You have to score 75% or better to qualify for competitions. This is just a rumor, though. It could be off a few percentage points.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Go to Top of Page

BWezz
Level 2

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  20:24:59  Show Profile  Send BWezz an ICQ Message  Click to see BWezz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

Actually, I think the WJF does do drug testing. You have to score 75% or better to qualify for competitions. This is just a rumor, though. It could be off a few percentage points.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something." ~ Plato

So what you are saying is that you have to test positive for 75% of the WJF's list of drugs?

We are Borg, resistance is futile.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  20:52:26  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, since I'm one of the WJF's banned substances, it would be better to check with them for the details, Bob. I can only start rumors, I can't end them. ;-)

Go to Top of Page

ChrisFowler
Level 4

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2007 :  14:22:32  Show Profile  Visit ChrisFowler's Homepage  Send ChrisFowler an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it might be a bit strange if someone tested positive for Altman...

BWezz
Level 2

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  07:56:57  Show Profile  Send BWezz an ICQ Message  Click to see BWezz's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

Well, since I'm one of the WJF's banned substances, it would be better to check with them for the details, Bob. I can only start rumors, I can't end them. ;-)

OH, banned substances. I thought you HAD TO DO stuff on their list, like 'roids & EPO to get "chiseled" like the angry leader. ROFL

We are Borg, resistance is futile.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisFowler
Level 4

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  11:56:53  Show Profile  Visit ChrisFowler's Homepage  Send ChrisFowler an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BWezz
OH, banned substances. I thought you HAD TO DO stuff on their list, like 'roids & EPO to get "chiseled" like the angry leader. ROFL

No, Bwezz, he did mean "Had to Do," but he wasn't serious. He just likes to make jokes about the WJF.

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  12:32:54  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisFowler
...He just likes to make jokes about the WJF.

I like to make jokes about any and everything, Chris, not just about the WJF. Seriously, no one could possibly think the WJF does any kind of drug testing. There is a good likelihood that Garfield is or was on steroids. The signs are there. He has above average muscle mass, has bouts of irrational thought, and tends to rant. He admitted he was on steroids in the thread called "DAVE ALTMAN" during our exchanges on the WJF forum, but it was either in a rare moment of honesty or being sarcastic. His supporters will say it was obviously a sarcastic reply, which I tend to agree, but that doesn't mean it's not true, also.

Go to Top of Page

ChrisFowler
Level 4

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  14:30:15  Show Profile  Visit ChrisFowler's Homepage  Send ChrisFowler an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I think it is a bit silly to think that the WJF is big enough to have drug testing yet. And this is just my opinion, but I feel that you do make special effort to make jokes about WJF. Maybe I just don't notice the other ones because they don't bother me as much. If that's the case, then I apologize.

On Jason and Steroids: Irrational thought and ranting run rampant on a lot of people's forum posts. The fact that Jason has large muscle mass means nothing. I am increasing in muscle mass fairly rapidly* and I am not doing, nor ever would do steroids. I'm not saying Jason isn't(or wasn't at one time,) but I feel it is unfair to make that accusation just because he happens to have big arms, and you don't get along.

On a different subject, I started practicing the club-knocking-the soccer ball-off-the pole-into a juggle trick that you like again, so maybe the next time I see you, I will have it solid. Maybe WJF 5? lol.

*at least that's what people keep telling me. I don't think so myself.

Edited by - ChrisFowler on 10/21/2007 22:54:55
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  14:40:23  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strength in juggling helps but I don't think a few steroids will make a big of enogh difference to make you or break you.

Evan
Go to Top of Page

SamMalcolm
Level 1

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  02:03:00  Show Profile  Visit SamMalcolm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evanp

Strength in juggling helps but I don't think a few steroids will make a big of enogh difference to make you or break you.

Evan

I think the common misconception about steroids is that they make you stronger. Really they shorten the amount of time it takes for your muscles to recover. So steroids would help your juggling in a sense that it wouldnt take as long for your muscle memory to build (thats a guess). However, I have noticed that if I get up in the morning and drink a strong cup of coffee that wakes me up and gets me wired, and then go to the gym, I get really good runs of everything Im working on. I get good runs without caffeine if I practice at night to so Im not to sure if its actually helping.

Sam Malcolm
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  08:20:09  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love coffee but it is not the best thing to drink before a work out.

“Caffeine is a diuretic. Caffeine prompts the body to lose water through urination. This can lead to dehydration and is the reason that caffeinated drinks are not a good idea when working out or doing other activities that require fluids. In fact, it is suggested that you add 8 ounces of water for every cup of coffee you drink.”
The whole article is here:

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2