Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 Are you a practicing Christian?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

aaron gregg
Level 2

Canada
236 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  02:53:06  Show Profile  Visit aaron gregg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:

Choices:

Yes
No

(Anonymous Vote - Viewing results before voting will spoil your vote)

fettucinibrother
Level 3

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  03:58:39  Show Profile  Visit fettucinibrother's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aaron gregg

Yeah, but right now, I'm just practicing. Maybe one day, if I practice real hard, I'll get better,
LOL
Sorry couldn't resist.
AL
(who is just one post away from my 500th post!!!)
Go to Top of Page

AndyB
Level 3

United Kingdom
646 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  04:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bah! I was wondering when someone would make that joke...!

I suppose I'd call myself atheist, but I'm unhappy with that term because it inherently suggests that being a "theist" is the norm, which it certainly isn't. I suppose a better term would be "humanist" or, more precisely, "secular humanist" as I lead my life with no recourse to the supernatural/superstitious/religious -> have a read about it here if you want: You must be logged in to see this link.

Anyways, I shall sit back and watch this thread get locked/descend into a bitter slanging match. ;-)

Or maybe it won't...!

----------------------------------------

AndyB: "The World's Most Average Juggler"

Edited by - AndyB on 07/11/2007 04:31:58
Go to Top of Page

NEGAO
Level 2

188 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  16:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah you're late
Go to Top of Page

Nick Laffey
Level 2

294 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  18:18:11  Show Profile  Send Nick Laffey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope. I typed in a long response explaining my view of this but edited it because well... it doesn't matter.

-Nick Laffey
Go to Top of Page

rdiss
Level 2

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  18:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, definitely a Christian. Lutheran, to be more precise.

Although apparently the Pope doesn't think I belong to a church.

-bd
(There you are, Andy. Perhaps I've started it for you. But that's all you'll get out of me.)
Go to Top of Page

fettucinibrother
Level 3

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  19:27:06  Show Profile  Visit fettucinibrother's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...
...I lie awake all night in bed, wondering if there really is a dog.

AL
Go to Top of Page

aaron gregg
Level 2

Canada
236 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  21:31:46  Show Profile  Visit aaron gregg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Andy said:

Anyways, I shall sit back and watch this thread get locked/descend into a bitter slanging match. ;-)

I certainly hope that doesn't happen, that wasn't my intention at all. For most of the juggling discussion that goes on here I don't think religious beliefs are at all relevant (I can't imagine David Cain and Chris Fowler both flashing sticks has anything to do with them both being practicing Christians).

However, in some discussions it is relevant. I found that in the "Boulder Juggling Festival" thread that many of the people who don't like dirty shows at juggling festivals are Christian. It got me wondering how many people on this forum are Christian. Up in my neck of the woods (Western Canada, Northwest US) there are very few Christian jugglers and the idea of a clean late night show has never been raised.

I don't think there's any sense in having any sort of religious debate, I'm just curious where people are coming from in terms of their beliefs.

-Aaron
Go to Top of Page

ChrisFowler
Level 4

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  21:39:47  Show Profile  Visit ChrisFowler's Homepage  Send ChrisFowler an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can't imagine David Cain and Chris Fowler both flashing sticks has anything to do with them both being practicing Christians
-Aaron

how else would we be able to flash large amounts of them?

Edit: on a side note, I don't juggle/flash sticks anymore. I am still a "practicing" Christian, however.

Edited by - ChrisFowler on 07/11/2007 21:42:08
Go to Top of Page

fettucinibrother
Level 3

USA
884 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  22:44:26  Show Profile  Visit fettucinibrother's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
(I can't imagine David Cain and Chris Fowler both flashing sticks has anything to do with them both being practicing Christians).

-Aaron

"Flashing Sticks" hehe... sounds kind of dirty to me
AL
Go to Top of Page

ChrisFowler
Level 4

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  09:32:20  Show Profile  Visit ChrisFowler's Homepage  Send ChrisFowler an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lol-maybe that's why I don't do it anymore:P

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  14:59:28  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisFowler

lol-maybe that's why I don't do it anymore:P

But David does

uh, I guess I can say I am not a Christian(not that I go WOOO about that; I have nothing against any religion... maybe except the scientism... I think there's a religon called that. It's really stupid... and I guess everybody dislikes Jehova's witnesses, but I don't have much opinion about them... basically there is nothing wrong with religion.)... but if anyone says there is no God, or religion is the root of all evil(dude! I know some people with that attitude!) I will fight tooth and nail to defend religion.

On the other hand, people being very religious are a bit annoying if they just can't see they are idiots(EDIT: not idiots, but unintelligent). Yes, that was a VERY misunderstandable thing to say! It is certainly not what it sounds like. But you know, those people just being completely blind to ANYTHING. Just like some non-religious people. They exist in both worlds.

Oh and by the way I shall now annoy the postophobians of this forum by shouting out I JUST POSTED 2500 TIMES!

Sondre, or something

My sister won't believe we don't have free will

Edited by - Sondre on 07/12/2007 15:04:04
Go to Top of Page

aaron gregg
Level 2

Canada
236 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  17:53:45  Show Profile  Visit aaron gregg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Um...I know your English isn't so good Yomay but that post was in bad taste. You might want to tone it down.

-Aaron
Go to Top of Page

vaca36
Level 2

USA
442 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  08:28:57  Show Profile  Visit vaca36's Homepage Send vaca36 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Aaron, just because you asked nicely. I'll try to keep this to a readably short length.

I am a Christian by faith and a Baptist by conviction. I asked for forgiveness from my sins and accepted Jesus as my personal savior at the age of five. At the age of nine, I was baptized not as a part of salvation but as an act of obedience to the Word of God and as a demonstration of my relationship with Christ.

I could go on and on, but the best answer would be from an old hymn:

"You ask me how I know HE [Christ] Lives? He lives within my heart."

I've got to leave for a wedding, but I hope that works for an answer for now.

Joel

--Joel Wires
Juggling in Ankeny, Iowa, with 87% humidity.
More juggle, less talk.
Go to Top of Page

Jamie White
Level 3

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  10:40:31  Show Profile  Send Jamie White an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No.
Go to Top of Page

David Cain
Level 4

USA
1049 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  11:42:27  Show Profile  Visit David Cain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Drum roll please .....! Duh. Obviously my answer is yes. Aaron, you might be surprised to know that the Christian Juggler's Association was started by Canadians. Yomay, I actually don't work with sticks anymore. I haven't for a couple of years since my wrist problems started.

David Cain

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2