Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 The Juggling Quiz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

harm1
Level 1

Netherlands
73 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  09:10:57  Show Profile  Visit harm1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since there's a great deal of knowledge about juggling on this forum, I figured we could learn a lot (and have lots of fun while doing so) by playing a juggling quiz. This idea is directly copied from the Dutch/Belgian Juggling forum on You must be logged in to see this link. and was first thought of by Florian. The rules are simple:

1. Questions must be related to juggling or object manipulation.
2. Only the first person to give the right answer on a question can ask a new question. Be sure you you know the answer on a question you ask.
3. You can only ask a new question if the answer you gave is approved by the person asking the last question.
4. If noone comes up with the answer, the person asking the question is allowed to give hints.
5. Be respectful, it's meant to be fun.

Edited by - harm1 on 02/23/2007 09:13:18

harm1
Level 1

Netherlands
73 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  09:12:10  Show Profile  Visit harm1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'll start:

There is a famous internet-video of 3 3ball jugglers, shot at the European Juggling Convention in Bremen, Germany 2002. In the video you see Stefan Sing (You must be logged in to see this link.) and Minh-Tam Kaplan.

Who is the third Juggler in the Video (full name) and can you point to another video on the internet of him juggling?

Harm
Go to Top of Page

Al Teal
Level 2

Georgia
366 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  14:05:15  Show Profile  Visit Al Teal's Homepage Send Al Teal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure I wouldn't know who the third juggler is but I can't even find the video.
___
Al
Go to Top of Page

aaron gregg
Level 2

Canada
236 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  14:45:45  Show Profile  Visit aaron gregg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have the video on this computer but is it Phillip Meyhoefer? I know that's the obvious answer but since I can't watch the video right now it's my best guess.

A video with Phillip in it is at You must be logged in to see this link.

-Aaron

Edited by - aaron gregg on 02/23/2007 15:10:42
Go to Top of Page

harm1
Level 1

Netherlands
73 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  06:57:30  Show Profile  Visit harm1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let me help you guys a little, it's a hard question indeed.

Tip 1: The video can be found here: You must be logged in to see this link.

Tip 2: This guy also performed a solo routine on one of the open stages at the EJC in Holland (2001)

Tip 3: The second video (and the only other one I'm aware of featuring him) is a festival video of a european festival in 2006.

It isn't Phillip Meyhoefer

Edited by - harm1 on 02/24/2007 07:24:25
Go to Top of Page

bryanmcdonald
Level 2

USA
437 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  07:29:46  Show Profile  Visit bryanmcdonald's Homepage  Send bryanmcdonald an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how about Falco Scheffler, Julien Vogel, Malte Peter, Michael Nies, Manuel Kopp, Marcus Roel, Thomas Korczok, Valentino Bihorac or thomas dietz!
Go to Top of Page

harm1
Level 1

Netherlands
73 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  14:13:16  Show Profile  Visit harm1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
None of those is correct. Would be fun though, Thomas Dietz: contemporary 3 ball juggler. I figured the question was way to hard though, especialy since most of you are North-American. Therefore I'll give the answer and ask a different, more easy question.

The question could be solved in a few steps. I asked it because I recently asked myself this question when re-watching the earlier mentioned video. Stefan and Minh-Tam still perform at EJC's but I'm not sure what Jonas is up to these days.

1. In the introduction of the act, the mc says they are called Jonas, Stefan and Minh-Tam from Switzerland, Germany and France. Stefan is from Germany, Minh-Tam is from France, which means you'd be looking for a 3 ball juggler called Jonas, who is from Switzerland.
2. This guy is Jonas Althaus (you could find this info on various websites of agencies and in the Kaskade article covering the EJC in Rotterdam/Schiedam)
3. Using google you could have found this video: You must be logged in to see this link. of the 2006 Carvin Convention.

The new question involves other artists from Switzerland. What's the name of the diabolo duo famous for their act incorporating dance and excalibur (technique in which the plane in wich the diabolo spins is changed)?

Go to Top of Page

aaron gregg
Level 2

Canada
236 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  15:11:05  Show Profile  Visit aaron gregg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tre'space?

-Aaron
Go to Top of Page

harm1
Level 1

Netherlands
73 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  02:42:41  Show Profile  Visit harm1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Correct, though it's actualy spelled tr'espace. Visit their website here: You must be logged in to see this link.
Your turn Aaron!
Go to Top of Page

aaron gregg
Level 2

Canada
236 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  14:16:40  Show Profile  Visit aaron gregg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well hot diggity dog, my hours of reading Kaskade in the Katakomben have paid off.

Here's my question:

What two currently working jugglers each have uncles who are among the great legends of juggling?

-Aaron

BTW, my copy of the 3 ball improv video doesn't include an emcee saying the names of the performers.

Edited by - aaron gregg on 02/26/2007 14:58:51
Go to Top of Page

Caio Stevanovich
Level 3

Brazil
868 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  18:09:22  Show Profile  Visit Caio Stevanovich's Homepage  Click to see Caio Stevanovich's MSN Messenger address Send Caio Stevanovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alan Sulc and Michael Chirrick?

============
Caio Cesar - A brazilian juggler!
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

aaron gregg
Level 2

Canada
236 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  19:01:02  Show Profile  Visit aaron gregg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know who Alan Sulc's uncle is (could you tell me?) but there's another performer who's uncle everyone here has heard of. Chirrick is of course correct though.

-Aaron
Go to Top of Page

Caio Stevanovich
Level 3

Brazil
868 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  19:06:21  Show Profile  Visit Caio Stevanovich's Homepage  Click to see Caio Stevanovich's MSN Messenger address Send Caio Stevanovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember who told me once, Alan Sulc is nephew of Mario Berousek. I asked here if it's true, but nobody answered me =/...

============
Caio Cesar - A brazilian juggler!
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

mastamax911
Level 4

USA
1222 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  19:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aaron gregg

I don't know who Alan Sulc's uncle is (could you tell me?) but there's another performer who's uncle everyone here has heard of. Chirrick is of course correct though.

-Aaron

sergei ignatov jr. ? i think i once heard that sergei ignatov is actualy his uncle. probably wrong though.

-MAX
Go to Top of Page

harm1
Level 1

Netherlands
73 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  03:29:16  Show Profile  Visit harm1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't believe Mario Berousek is the uncle of alan Sulc. I believe you're right about Sergey Ignatov jr. though.
Go to Top of Page

Rocknelives
Level 2

195 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  09:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by harm1

I don't believe Mario Berousek is the uncle of alan Sulc. I believe you're right about Sergey Ignatov jr. though.

yes well if you do notice the Sergey Ignatov and Sergei Ignatov have slightly different spellings That kind of baffled me for a while because I did think that Sergei was the father.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2