Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 do you wear Glasses?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  17:05:19  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DAVE: I wear glasses/contacts; but, I want to get lens replacements. It allows old guys with presbyopia to see near and far again. It's better than LASIK, but it's expensive. I am thinking of going to France to get it done. It's $9,000 US dollars to get it done in Atlanta and it's $7,602 US dollars(6,000 euros) in France.

There are a few brand new things available, too.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Dave, a juggler

"Moderate in moderation." -Unknown
GPS33.224,-83.456

Edited by - Dave Altman on 09/09/2006 20:55:16
Go to Top of Page

Evan Patterson
Level 2

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  16:43:40  Show Profile Send Evan Patterson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wearing contacts for juggling is dumb. No offence though. If you were juggling 5 clubs and you make some bad throws, the clubs could collide and end up hitting your face and breaking your glasses. If you do wear glasses, it may not be a bad idea to wear a snorkle mask over your face!

Evan

Edited by - Evan Patterson on 02/12/2009 16:44:21
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  02:14:33  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Evanp

Wearing contacts for juggling is dumb. No offence though. If you were juggling 5 clubs and you make some bad throws, the clubs could [gv][/gv]collide and end up hitting your face and breaking your glasses. If you do wear glasses, it may not be a bad idea to wear a snorkle mask over your face!

Evan

Nice Evan, you just said wearing contacts is dumb and then explained us why by telling us about the downsides to glasses. Why would I wear contacts AND glasses?

Edited by - Sondre on 02/13/2009 02:15:49
Go to Top of Page

peterpanic
New/Lurker

5 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  04:23:54  Show Profile  Visit peterpanic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i was nearsighted and that made sports like baseball difficult. i did not like wearing glasses while doing athletics, and started wearing contacts but always found them slightly annoying.
i found i could do juggling tricks blind as a bat (20/350) but to be effective as a performer i had to see the audience. so i finally had lasik eye surgery and it is great! my vision now is better than 20/20 uncorrected and i can see. i can see! i paid $4300 and it is the best investment i ever made. if you are going to do this, do not look for a bargain. go to the most experienced guy, someone who teaches other doctors how to do it. come to boston, best hospitals in the world, stay with me, i will show you a good time!
cheers, panic
Go to Top of Page

plip
Level 1

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  09:01:14  Show Profile  Send plip an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wear glasses, and I find that it makes it a little more challenging to do ring pulldowns. Not too much more, but significant. I've given myself a bit lip or two trying to avoid coming into contact with the glasses.
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  09:03:20  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peterpanic
come to boston, best hospitals in the world, stay with me, i will show you a good time!

I may have to take you up on that, Peter. I'm sure Atlanta has a few world-class doctors, too, though. I didn't get that leses replacement that I wanted, so I might have to reconsider LASIK. I think it's ridiculous that insurance doesn't cover eye care. Fixing vision isn't an option, it's a requirement! The prices they charge for any kind of correction is way too much. I have several pairs of reading glasses that I've gotten at the dollar store. The frames on those glasses look just about the same as the ones that cost one or two hundred dollars at the eye places!

"The fifties are the infancy of old age." ~David Frederick McWhorter Altman
..~/!(:*:)!\~..
Dave, a juggler

Go to Top of Page

Adrian Pole
Level 2

United Kingdom
362 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  13:26:19  Show Profile  Visit Adrian Pole's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm short sighted (cant see TV clearly, cant read the blackboard) but I dont need them for juggling.

Ady
Sponsored by Oddballs juggling-Britains leading juggling store.
Go to Top of Page

kennyjuggling
Level 2

Australia
128 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  23:07:34  Show Profile  Visit kennyjuggling's Homepage Send kennyjuggling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im 1.5 for my left eye and 2.25 for my right eye. I wear my glasses usually but when it comes upon juggling, I don't take 'em off, it doesn't effect my juggling. But, usually i juggle, i often use my peripheral vision so the top rim of my glasses sometimes distracts my juggling and sometimes, when i juggle a wonky throw, i can hit my glasses. So, sometimes, I take 'em off but either works for me. And when I practise outside, I sometimes where sunglasses when the sun's too bright.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2