Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 do you wear Glasses?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

andrewg
Level 2

USA
468 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  20:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I was just curious how many juggler wear glasses. If so, does it affect your juggling ever.

(not sun glasses)

Choices:

YES, I need them
NO, I dont need them
I am cool

(Anonymous Vote - Viewing results before voting will spoil your vote)

Leetsauce
Level 3

USA
534 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  21:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my glasses don't typically have any effect on my juggling, i can see close-range well enough though, can't speak for anyone with like 20/100 vision

---
We don't torture, we freedom tickle
Go to Top of Page

David
Level 4

USA
1154 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  22:29:48  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage  Send David an AOL message Send David a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't, I wear sunglasses though...

-David Stephens
Just your typical Juggler next door
Go to Top of Page

Collis2005
Level 2

United Kingdom
478 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  05:28:43  Show Profile  Click to see Collis2005's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wear sunglasses, Thats it!!

Mark

Juggle, Juggle, Juggle...
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  07:13:01  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wear glasses but take them off when I juggle...MIke

-------------------------
And now the local weathermen go limp waiting for the next storm!!
Go to Top of Page

rdiss
Level 2

USA
430 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  08:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hit 20/400+ about 30 years ago. I'm now at about -9 diopters[1]. I couldn't even find my clubs without my glasses.

-bd
[1]anybody else who's as blind as a bat knows what that means
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  09:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have -1.75. not much, but of course I wear glasses. the only problems are when a balance slips down and knocks them off me, or a headbounce ball goes a little bad, or maybe the circus grip makes the club hit my face...

Sondre

I throw up all the time.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  10:59:14  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your going to have to switch to contact lenses Sondre. For juggling glasses are too cumbersome. I know quite a few jugglers who use contacts. I even know one outstanding juggler who is legally blind. His name is Nino Frediani. He can not drive a car and do some of the basic everyday things that need be done. But... he has a great act. I don't know if he still works because he must be in his 60's by now. His eye problem had been there most of his life.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

g.mac
Level 2

USA
477 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  11:53:52  Show Profile  Visit g.mac's Homepage Send g.mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdiss

I'm now at about -9 diopters[1]. I couldn't even find my clubs without my glasses.

[1]anybody else who's as blind as a bat knows what that means

I'm in the same boat at -11.5. I almost always wear my contacts, I rather prefer to go without the 2-inch glasses (possibly a bit exaggerated, but not much).
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  12:55:17  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

Your going to have to switch to contact lenses Sondre.
A.G.

Yeah, I was thinking about it. I might wear those sometime in the future when doing balance, headbounce and such - but right now, I really look like a very different person without glasses, and everyone says I should wear them.

But contacts might a solution when glasses are really coming the way, so perhaps I'll consider it when I eventually start earning some money from juggling...

Sondre

I throw up all the time.
Go to Top of Page

Multiplex
Level 2

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  16:35:01  Show Profile  Send Multiplex a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wear glasses. I need them to see far off. I can see like 20 feet ahead of me without them. It dosen't affect my juggling and I can do headbounces fine with them.

a day without juggling is you know....boring
-Jay-
Go to Top of Page

Jugglefan15
Level 3

USA
752 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  22:29:48  Show Profile  Click to see Jugglefan15's MSN Messenger address Send Jugglefan15 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a little bit of stigmatism but the optometrist said it's not worth it to get glasses.

-Peter

"Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?" 1 Peter 3:13
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  06:56:00  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jugglefan15

I have a little bit of stigmatism but the optometrist said it's not worth it to get glasses.

-Peter

"Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?" 1 Peter 3:13

My doctor told me I couldn’t get contacts because of a stigmatism....Mike

Go to Top of Page

master3bs
Level 2

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  09:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They now have contacts that correct stigmatisms. They're just slightly more expensive. Some doctors recommend them, some don't. It might depend on the severity of the stigmatism.

-Scott Hughey
Go to Top of Page

Mike Fisher
Level 3

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  09:57:01  Show Profile  Send Mike Fisher a Yahoo! Message Send Mike Fisher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know what Scott, your the second person I've heard say that. My doctor claims that's not the case. I'm going to see a different (younger) Dr. just to be sure....thanks....Mike

Go to Top of Page

Caio Stevanovich
Level 3

Brazil
868 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  16:38:15  Show Profile  Visit Caio Stevanovich's Homepage  Click to see Caio Stevanovich's MSN Messenger address Send Caio Stevanovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't use glasses. I tried to juggle with sun glasses, but in my first piruette I dropped my glasses =/.

============
Caio Cesar - A brazilian juggler!
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000