Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 The "I just learnt a new move" thread, Part II
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

koenig1
Level 5

USA
2710 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  23:38:18  Show Profile  Visit koenig1's Homepage
Exactly as the title says, inform us of any progress you've recently made with a trick/move...

Today I tired synchronous 6 with a hole, and found a lot of fun variations you can do with it

Sorry if you all see this thread as pointless, but it's been quite a popular and useful thread on the Anthony Gatto forum in the past so I thought I'd restart another thread here for it.

Brian

Edited by - koenig1 on 07/31/2006 23:41:22

n/a
deleted

349 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  05:02:28  Show Profile
whats this sync 6 w/ a hole can you explain it I don't believe I've seen or heard of it

I'm from New Hampshire It's cold all year long.

Go to Top of Page

Collis2005
Level 2

United Kingdom
478 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  05:12:13  Show Profile  Click to see Collis2005's MSN Messenger address
Just wondering why you have started another 'Just learnt a new move' thread when the other one is perfectly usable

Mark

The chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator

Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  05:28:25  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Collis2005

Just wondering why you have started another 'Just learnt a new move' thread when the other one is perfectly usable
Mark

DAVE: Actually, the other one has been locked, Mark. People were complaining that is was too long, so Brian started this thread. If and when, it gets too long, we can start a "Part III", it can be like a bad Hollywood movie series that keeps having sequel after sequel. Does anyone have any suggestions on how many pages is too much?

..~/!(:*:)!\~..
Dave, a juggler
Go to Top of Page

ChrisFowler
Level 4

USA
1438 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  05:33:19  Show Profile  Visit ChrisFowler's Homepage  Send ChrisFowler an AOL message
I have an idea to cut down the number of pages. When you learn a new move, or break your personal records, instead of starting a new reply, edit your already existing one. Granted, I really don't care if the thread gets to be 200 pages or more. It's just an idea...

Edited by - ChrisFowler on 08/01/2006 05:34:41
Go to Top of Page

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  09:53:15  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

quote:

Mark

DAVE: Actually, the other one has been locked, Mark. People were complaining that is was too long, so Brian started this thread. If and when, it gets too long, we can start a "Part III", it can be like a bad Hollywood movie series that keeps having sequel after sequel. Does anyone have any suggestions on how many pages is too much?

Dave, a juggler

Well, in some of the other forums I've used, the page numbers are automatically condensed. So when it lists the page numbers, it doesn't list all 100 pages, just something like "1, 2... 99, 100."
Maybe there is an option to do that, or maybe it's only available in the nicer (read: ones you pay for) forums.

Andrew Gradisher
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Sondre
Level 5

Norway
3549 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  11:07:46  Show Profile  Visit Sondre's Homepage  Send Sondre an AOL message  Click to see Sondre's MSN Messenger address  Send Sondre a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

quote:

Mark

Dave, a juggler

I would say we make each part excactly 100 pages long.

Then later we can make the "editor's cut" or "extended version" containing 125 posts or so... and later, we can have an anniversary, releasing all parts in a big "extended edition trilogy pack", and make lots and lots of money!!

or not.

Sondre
Go to Top of Page

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  11:09:14  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message
Correct, he pays so there won't be any banners, but the forum hosting and code is free.

Andrew Gradisher
Go to Top of Page

Nick Laffey
Level 2

294 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  12:48:13  Show Profile  Send Nick Laffey an AOL message
Finally running 534 with clubs.

-Nick Laffey
Go to Top of Page

koenig1
Level 5

USA
2710 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  14:08:28  Show Profile  Visit koenig1's Homepage
Anyways, on subject, I cant run the 5b halfshower worth crap, but the 7 b halfshower is really easy to me, got 16 catches clean, and cleanly flashed a 9b halfhsower. It seems a bit easier for me because my left hand gets to throw lower that way. oh, and got 27 catches with 8 with a hole synch that was also easy and a fun pattern,
ss:(8,8)(8,8)(8,8)(8,0)
Also, got 24 throws and 22 catches of 8 balls! Idk where that came from, but I tried synch a few times today and figured out how easy it is! I qualified 8 balls about 15 times today already. I got 42 cacthes with 7 balls!

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Brett
Level 3

USA
997 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  14:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Brett's Homepage
I cant run the 5b halfshower worth crap, but the 7 b halfshower is really easy to me

This makes absolutely zero sense

Brett
Go to Top of Page

koenig1
Level 5

USA
2710 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  15:05:58  Show Profile  Visit koenig1's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brett

I cant run the 5b halfshower worth crap, but the 7 b halfshower is really easy to me

Brett

On the contrary, It makes perfect sense. I am simply saying I can't get the feel for the 5b halfshower, but I can with with 7 because i can make the low throw stay more in controll. Just like I can barely run 6 balls synch, but can do 8 much easier in synch. Also, I could do a four-up out of 5 before a 3-up, it makes sense, but Ijust do things out of order.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Multiplex
Level 2

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  15:56:51  Show Profile  Send Multiplex a Yahoo! Message
well I can finally juggle 6 for about a 40 throws with each hand and I can do a 6 ball sync shower for about 10 throws.

a day without juggling is you know....boring
Go to Top of Page

Collis2005
Level 2

United Kingdom
478 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  16:29:38  Show Profile  Click to see Collis2005's MSN Messenger address
I havent been able to actice today as the wind is catching the clubs and is making my life so much more difficult, but tomorrow is another day.
I did learn 4 club singles though, did that indoors.

Mark

The chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...
Go to Top of Page

Brett
Level 3

USA
997 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  17:44:45  Show Profile  Visit Brett's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by koenig1

quote:

Brett

On the contrary, It makes perfect sense. I am simply saying I can't get the feel for the 5b halfshower, but I can with with 7 because i can make the low throw stay more in controll. Just like I can barely run 6 balls synch, but can do 8 much easier in synch. Also, I could do a four-up out of 5 before a 3-up, it makes sense, but Ijust do things out of order.

Brian

Sorry, but none of this makes any sense

Brett
Go to Top of Page

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  18:01:16  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by koenig1

quote:

Brett

Brian

Sorry, but none of this makes any sense

Brett

Brian, if the 7b hs is so much easier than the 5b hs, then just make your 5b throws at the same height. :P

Andrew Gradisher
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2