Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Just Chit Chat
 The World Cup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

MikeDillon
Level 1


Australia
68 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  21:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So...who's going to win?

I'm picking Argentina.

Lemonkey
Level 3



United Kingdom
901 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  04:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My money is on Brazil to win.

My money is also on England to face Germany somewhere along the line, as old rivalry dictates.

Tom;;
Go to Top of Page

Kirby
Level 2



United Kingdom
404 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  06:06:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clearly England, they've practically won it already.

Only joking, but I honestly think we've got a good chance. And Lemonkey, I think you're right about us probably meeting Germany. If we come top of our group and they come second in theirs, or vice versa, then we'll be playing them I think.

Otherwise, it'll be the Côte d'Ivoire vs Togo in the final.

Edited by - Kirby on 06/09/2006 06:07:21
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted



213 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  06:29:23  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeeha, world cup in my country! but i doubt that germany reaches the final.. i think brazil, mexico or ukraine will make it
Go to Top of Page

MasterKatra42
Level 3



USA
585 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  09:32:33  Show Profile  Visit MasterKatra42's Homepage  Send MasterKatra42 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Togo is such a joke. The Togonians don't even root for Togo. I wanna see a World Cup soccer game go to like eight goals against Togo... that would be the only exciting part of that game.

~Joe

Syracuse juggling festival September 15-17 -- You must be logged in to see this link.

Also, check out the jog: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin



USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  09:58:02  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
USA... ha... it sounds funny but believe it or not they are supposed to be ranked pretty high. I doubt they will win but I am sure on their side. I hope Gemrnay wins today, this way when people come to our show they will be in a good mood.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

Kirby
Level 2



United Kingdom
404 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  13:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, they won. Looked a bit shaky at the start with that Costa Rican goal but 4-2 must be a confidence booster for the Germans. They will probably be in an excellent, maybe drunk mood for your show Anthony.
Go to Top of Page

Kasetta
Level 2



Italy
450 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  13:32:21  Show Profile  Visit Kasetta's Homepage  Send Kasetta an ICQ Message  Click to see Kasetta's MSN Messenger address Send Kasetta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lemonkey

My money is on Brazil to win.


Mine too...


memento gaudere semper

Daniele Caselli
Go to Top of Page

Dave Altman
Administrator



Georgia
621 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  13:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Dave Altman's Homepage Send Dave Altman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kasetta

quote:
Originally posted by Lemonkey

My money is on Brazil to win.


Mine too...

DAVE: Oooo, big gamblers and risk takers! OK, I'll take a risk and pick Brazil, too. I lived in Mexico for a few years and I'm from the States, so I wouldn't mind if either one of them won. It would help the soccer programs in those countries much more than Brazil winning.


..~/!(:*:)!\~..
Dave, a juggler
Go to Top of Page

Liam Mulcahy
Level 1



United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  13:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bah. England'll can come bottom of their group and I still wouldn't care. And I probably wouldn't notice.
They're meant to have odds of 6 to 1 or something daft... NO CHANCE!

Entirely Nationalistic over here.



|Excuse me while I defenestrate my computer...|

Edited by - Liam Mulcahy on 06/11/2006 15:22:42
Go to Top of Page

koenig1
Level 5



USA
2710 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  13:54:59  Show Profile  Visit koenig1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Altman

quote:
Originally posted by Kasetta

quote:
Originally posted by Lemonkey

My money is on Brazil to win.


Mine too...

DAVE: Oooo, big gamblers and risk takers! OK, I'll take a risk and pick Brazil, too. I lived in Mexico for a few years and I'm from the States, so I wouldn't mind if either one of them won. It would help the soccer programs in those countries much more than Brazil winning.


..~/!(:*:)!\~..
Dave, a juggler



Brazil is probably gonna win.


Brian

This signature has been Hommaged by Dave and is not subject to copyright infringement.
Go to Top of Page

Kirby
Level 2



United Kingdom
404 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  17:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam Mulcahy

Bah. England'll can bottom of their group and I still wouldn't care. And I probably wouldn't notice.
They're meant to have odds of 6 to 1 or something daft... NO CHANCE!

Entirely Nationalistic over here.



|Excuse me while I defenestrate my computer...|



I hate you.

In other news, England are going to win the World Cup and I can't wait.

ps. Liam - I'm not serious about the "I hate you" part



England to Win the World Cup

Go to Top of Page

Lemonkey
Level 3



United Kingdom
901 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  17:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Torsten Frings' goal anybody? Absolutely amazing.

Germany played well today, but had Cost Rica made more opportunity to score I'm sure they would have done. Lehmann wasn't a brilliant goalkeeper in that match whereas the CRC goalie made some brilliant saves.

Poland vs Ecuador was boring to watch, and the score disappointed me, being Polish myself. :(

I'm looking forward to the England match tomorrow. :) It's going to be interesting seeing Rooney back in action! Go England, toot toot!

Herr hund + Anthony, watch out for the British fans. As I'm sure you're aware they're reknowned for their hooliganism.

Kirby lad, can I use your signiture too? :) Please?

Tom;;

Edited by - Lemonkey on 06/09/2006 17:30:11
Go to Top of Page

Guy
Level 1



23 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  18:48:49  Show Profile  Visit Guy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frings's goal was quite spectacular and Philip Lahm's wasn't bad either! I give England a damn good chance, but I pick Mexico as an outside bet. I wouldn't right off France either. If all the games are as goal ridden as the first, then we are in for a great competition.

Guy
Go to Top of Page

NEGAO
Level 2



188 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  21:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

USA... ha... it sounds funny but believe it or not they are supposed to be ranked pretty high. I doubt they will win but I am sure on their side. I hope Gemrnay wins today, this way when people come to our show they will be in a good mood.

A.G.


Heyy you are in Germany right?
You get to see Ronaldinho Gaucho playing, that's amazing
He is to soccer what you are to juggling
This is the url for one of the best compilations videos of him
You must be logged in to see this link.
it's 12 min long but watch it, it's worth it
without any doubt the best soccer player in the world
Go to Top of Page

Kirby
Level 2



United Kingdom
404 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  07:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lemonkey

Torsten Frings' goal anybody? Absolutely amazing.

Germany played well today, but had Cost Rica made more opportunity to score I'm sure they would have done. Lehmann wasn't a brilliant goalkeeper in that match whereas the CRC goalie made some brilliant saves.

Poland vs Ecuador was boring to watch, and the score disappointed me, being Polish myself. :(

I'm looking forward to the England match tomorrow. :) It's going to be interesting seeing Rooney back in action! Go England, toot toot!

Herr hund + Anthony, watch out for the British fans. As I'm sure you're aware they're reknowned for their hooliganism.

Kirby lad, can I use your signiture too? :) Please?

Tom;;




Yeah you can lol, we need some British pride here! Do you know how to get it? I think if you quote my post then you can copy it from there.
That's if you're still feeling patriotic after our poor performance yesterday.

I'm a small part Polish myself actually, but I don't follow any of their games or anything.

And yeah, that WAS an amazing goal by Frings. I want to watch it right now.



England to Win the World Cup


Edited by - Kirby on 06/11/2006 10:19:09
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2
Powered by ForumCo 2000-2008
TOS - AUP - URA - Privacy Policy