Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 Personal records
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  14:39:45  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What kind of "personal bests" do all of us have? Weather it is how long you have run three club back crosses or how many catches you have gotten with 7 balls. I think we all have that one thing that we are most proud of and work on each day to be able to do longer, better, faster, ect. All of the world records for numbers and endurance are impressive, but what about all of the unique and over looked ones that we all have. Let's hear about them!

n/a
deleted

3206 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  14:43:55  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, well every week I try to get 1 minute with 5 clubs, but I havn't gotten it yet, oh well.
I also try to get 30 seconds of non stop chin rolls.

careypickfordjr
Go to Top of Page

charliedale
Level 2

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  14:53:28  Show Profile Send charliedale a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I would like to juggle 3 clubs for a week.
Go to Top of Page

Brett Sheets
Level 3

USA
500 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  14:58:49  Show Profile  Send Brett Sheets an AOL message Send Brett Sheets a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i dont keep track of any records really. It just that theres so much new stuff i want to learn, I cant settle for drilling a trick in endurance. I counted my five club endurance for a while, but once you get it solid, it gets kind of boring. Maybe next time i'll count it in singles instead of doubles. I think my last record i took with 5c was 244 catches, which is a little over a minute i believe.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:04:37  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cooljuggler

Wow, well every week I try to get 1 minute with 5 clubs, but I havn't gotten it yet, oh well.
I also try to get 30 seconds of non stop chin rolls.

careypickfordjr

WOW!!! 30 seconds of 5 club non stop chin rolls. You are a god!
Go to Top of Page

Brett Sheets
Level 3

USA
500 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:10:40  Show Profile  Send Brett Sheets an AOL message Send Brett Sheets a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha, I dont think he meant five club chin rolls. Not under a year of juggling. I think he meant 3 club chin rolls?
Go to Top of Page

kjt
Level 1

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:11:21  Show Profile Send kjt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've done 3 chinrolls from one side right in a row out of five clubs. I'll try for 30 seconds.

Ben
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:13:10  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's what I thought too. I was wanted to see his reaction. But I'll bet that 5 club chin rolls aren't out of his reach based on all he has accomplished in one year. Hey Carey, how are your 4 club chin rolls?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3206 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:20:52  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yah, just with 3 clubs 30 seconds, I am o.k. at 4 club chin rolls, I have never gottin it with 5 clubs though. I also practice head flips alot.

careypickfordjr
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carey- Do you do that one with four clubs where the same keeps going back and forth on your chin? That would be a killer one to do if you ever decieded to compete in juniors. I am sure you could put your own style into it too.
Go to Top of Page

Brett Sheets
Level 3

USA
500 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:25:31  Show Profile  Send Brett Sheets an AOL message Send Brett Sheets a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Head rolls are the one thing i haven't gotten into yet. Its just something that doesn't interest me for some reason. Im still young though, and haven't been juggling all that long. I kind of like different SS with clubs and flats, and experimenting with different types of spin. Haha, I'm not sure how a chin roll even works though
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3206 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:50:03  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No Mark, I have tried and failed, its a really cool tricks, but very difficult.

careypickfordjr
Go to Top of Page

isaac
Level 3

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:57:26  Show Profile  Click to see isaac's MSN Messenger address Send isaac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well i've got a few bests, a some of which i set today. None are terribly original, but im proud of 'em

balls
8: 16 catches (this morning)
7:60ish
6: around 230
3 balls blind behind the back: 78 catches, about 15 minutes ago
BBB with club balance: 12 catches 10 min. ago

Clubs
6: 12 catches, kinda ugly, also this morning
5:200some (lucky)
4 flats: over 100
alberts: 20 catches (lucky run)
treblas: 7 catches
bxes: over 200 on singles

Rings: I'm not that proud of anything i've done with rings

Finally some single tricks i love to do/have only done once.

1 round of b97531 from fountain back to the ugliest fountain i've ever seen, but for over 12 catches back.

3 rounds of 97531 from/to cascade
also 1 round catch the 9 behind the back, bx out to cascade.

4 ball hi-low shower, reverse direction and run for a bit, into the hard 4 ball box(i dunno the ss), out to b17131 for a bit, to something like d1713151 for a few rounds, back to shower.

4 club 7531 to flats for while, 7531 out to fountain.

spin one ball on finger, balance a club on my chin and juggle 2 balls in my right hand, then drop the club to fountain.

finally, BBB with head balance for 6 catches, backcross the 3 out, drop the club balance into fountain. (5 min ago)

well i guess i rambled on for more than a few, but those are the tricks/records/combinations im most proud of that i can remember

Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  15:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cooljuggler

No Mark, I have tried and failed, its a really cool tricks, but very difficult.

careypickfordjr

Carey- 4 club chin rolls are just like doing triple singles, but the single is a rhin roll instead to a single. Same with the one where the same club goes back and forth. The pattern is triple, single, double...and the single is a chin roll.
Go to Top of Page

kjt
Level 1

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  16:38:05  Show Profile Send kjt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The back and forth chin rolls is a great trick. Did you have that in your act at the IJA Mark?

Ben
Go to Top of Page

Mark Kolbusz
Level 5

USA
2076 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  16:48:23  Show Profile  Visit Mark Kolbusz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ben-Yes I did, but only in the preliminaries. My origional routine ended with about 45 seconds of 4 club tricks, but on the advice of others I cut it out. Everyone told me that I should end on really strong note, like the 5 full shower with a bounce. I don't think my short 4 club routine would have really helped or hurt me. I also do a back and forth head roll with four clubs that will be on my profile video.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2