Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 10 ball qualify?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

backyardjuggler
New/Lurker

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  22:23:59  Show Profile Send backyardjuggler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Anthony. Thanks again for making this forum available. Over on rec.juggling, they're debating whether you've ever qualified 10 balls. I thought I remembered one of your previous websites saying that your record was 23 catches with 10 balls, but can't find that page again. Have you qualified 10 balls?

Thanks.

garrett

p.s. On a different topic, thanks for the tips on that stretching to help with endurance runs. I finally got 1000 catches with 5 balls.

Professor Piper
Level 1

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  22:38:52  Show Profile Send Professor Piper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHOA!!

1000 catches is AWESOME!! Way to go Garrett!!

I've JUST now begun my journey with 5 balls successfully, so this is inspiration to me.

Again, congrats!

Terry

Nothing is impossible.
Go to Top of Page

MERCYME
Level 2

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  22:41:27  Show Profile  Send MERCYME an AOL message  Click to see MERCYME's MSN Messenger address Send MERCYME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW 1000 catches is quite impressive. I can do 5 balls quite well, but I don't usually count my catches so I might have done 1000. I have juggled 5 balls for 4 minutes and 12 seconds, which was my best. I just qualified 7 balls the other day, and I am quite proud of myself, trying to get that 7 ball proficient is quite difficult.

-Dan
Go to Top of Page

backyardjuggler
New/Lurker

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  22:51:39  Show Profile Send backyardjuggler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, thanks, guys. Dan - if you've juggled 5 for more than 4 minutes, you might have done 1000. I think my 1000 catch run took a little over 4 minutes. I was running the pattern lower than normal to try to get there more quickly (before I tuckered out).
Go to Top of Page

MERCYME
Level 2

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  22:54:02  Show Profile  Send MERCYME an AOL message  Click to see MERCYME's MSN Messenger address Send MERCYME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I see, yeah maybe I did do more than 1000, I don't know. Usually I try to do 5 balls for about 3 minutes (non stop juggling) everyday. Its not always up at 3 minutes.

-Dan
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  23:05:20  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by backyardjuggler

Hi, Anthony. Thanks again for making this forum available. Over on rec.juggling, they're debating whether you've ever qualified 10 balls. I thought I remembered one of your previous websites saying that your record was 23 catches with 10 balls, but can't find that page again. Have you qualified 10 balls?

Thanks.

garrett

p.s. On a different topic, thanks for the tips on that stretching to help with endurance runs. I finally got 1000 catches with 5 balls.

Yes, I have qualified with 10 back when I practiced it back when I didn't ever bring the video camera. I never had a clean finish though...those damn balls bounce right out of your hand. I may pick up ten again and get a qualify just so you can prove apoint to the non-believers.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

MERCYME
Level 2

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  23:12:02  Show Profile  Send MERCYME an AOL message  Click to see MERCYME's MSN Messenger address Send MERCYME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthonygatto

quote:
Originally posted by backyardjuggler

Thanks.

garrett

Yes, I have qualified with 10 back when I practiced it back when I didn't ever bring the video camera. I never had a clean finish though...those damn balls bounce right out of your hand. I may pick up ten again and get a qualify just so you can prove apoint to the non-believers.

A.G.

I believe you!

-Dan
Go to Top of Page

backyardjuggler
New/Lurker

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  23:15:36  Show Profile Send backyardjuggler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't understand how they're out there, but they are. (The non-believers.) Would love to see a clip. Also, I can't imagine trying to catch 3 pinkies in one hand, much less 5.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

shadow link
Level 3

Australia
582 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  07:35:39  Show Profile  Click to see shadow link's MSN Messenger address Send shadow link a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anthony if you can do 9 balls and rings that solid I don't think anyone would doubt you didn't qualify 10 balls. I've never seen above with stage balls, or at least non bean bag balls so seeing you do 9 with those balls is amazing.

There are some other numbers jugglers who the "Mcdonalds filled balls" which are quite large. Someone said at the IJA one guy was doing nine and hardly ever got a clean finish, mainly because he had to start with a kick up just to get them in the air.

Is there any chance you would use a different ball just for numbers above 9? Or have you used pinkies for too long to use any other ball for this. I understand because I guess people your shows really cant tell the difference between 9 and 7 and 10, just whether you have fancy clothes and jump around a lot.
Go to Top of Page

adennis
Level 4

USA
1367 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  10:07:43  Show Profile Send adennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't that kind of like asking Kris Kremo to juggle 5 balls in his act just because he can? I think Anthony's pinkies and his use of only real balls are a very nice part of his unique style and also serve as a connection to another age of juggling.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

darth_vader
Level 1

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  10:47:09  Show Profile  Click to see darth_vader's MSN Messenger address Send darth_vader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where are the tips on stretching to help indurance posted?

Thanks

darth
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  11:58:37  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shadow link

Anthony if you can do 9 balls and rings that solid I don't think anyone would doubt you didn't qualify 10 balls. I've never seen above with stage balls, or at least non bean bag balls so seeing you do 9 with those balls is amazing.

There are some other numbers jugglers who the "Mcdonalds filled balls" which are quite large. Someone said at the IJA one guy was doing nine and hardly ever got a clean finish, mainly because he had to start with a kick up just to get them in the air.

Is there any chance you would use a different ball just for numbers above 9? Or have you used pinkies for too long to use any other ball for this. I understand because I guess people your shows really cant tell the difference between 9 and 7 and 10, just whether you have fancy clothes and jump around a lot.

If I were really into trying to get amazing runs anymore I may have considered it. I just don't concentrate on these things anymore. After 28 years of juggling you start to realize what is important and what will bring you closer to your goals. My goals are no longer to juggle the most or for the longest. I just have 0 interest in it. So I may try to get a qualify with 10 if it seems like it will come easy. If I have to struggle and put forth too much effort you guys wouln't see it from me. I have so many things that I am working on that will potentially up my income and controlling 10 balls isn't one of them. I know it may seem crazy to you guys because the fact is if I worked like crazy at it I could probably bring it close to my 10 ring record which is 64 catches. But I have a different outlook on juggling now.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3206 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  13:26:58  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean anthony.

careypickfordjr
Go to Top of Page

NikGoodrich
Level 4

USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  19:23:37  Show Profile Send NikGoodrich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess that means it's up to us to do that.

Nik Goodrich
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  20:03:36  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I got 22 catches today and dropped 4 so I can say I will get this pretty easily. You'll see the vid when I do but after that I will not touch 10 balls again.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

patohuasi
Level 2

Argentina
104 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  20:52:43  Show Profile  Click to see patohuasi's MSN Messenger address Send patohuasi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anthony Gatto,
How many catches should be in a qualify run of ten balls for you.?

Pato
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2