Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Anthony Gatto's General Juggling Discussion Forum
 Juggling Topics
 Wjf, inviting Anthony
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

n/a
deleted

3206 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  10:08:07  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Wjf is officially inviting Anthony

Gatto!You must be logged in to see this link.

careypickfordjr

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  10:35:05  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cooljuggler

The Wjf is officially inviting Anthony

Gatto!You must be logged in to see this link.

careypickfordjr

Wow, all this publicity and it's absolutely free! Great! Two problems, I don't see a check and still don't want to help that mean guy.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

adennis
Level 4

USA
1367 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  11:41:39  Show Profile Send adennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The message is in poor taste in my opinion. First off, it implies that the WJF has inspired Anthony to increase his skills and then share the videos and that those skills needed validation from the WJF. It also does not mention that every meaningful juggler gets paid to attend yet they are "inviting" Anthony for free. The message really should include how long standing Anthony's reputation is and that he's not some new upstart that the WJF discovered/created.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Brett Sheets
Level 3

USA
500 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  12:23:30  Show Profile  Send Brett Sheets an AOL message Send Brett Sheets a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the WJF isn't only made up of Garfeild, and since the whole package is free, it just sounds like free money to me. Technically if you won every competition you could get that 100,000 dollars. I don't think it was in great taste to out the message up on the index page though, an email would have been sufficient.
Go to Top of Page

manifold
Level 1

69 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  12:35:12  Show Profile Send manifold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's not too classy. It makes them seem like they are generously giving you an opportunity. In fact, I think it makes them look a little desperate for the great publicity you would give them.
Go to Top of Page

Orash111
Level 3

USA
743 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  13:27:19  Show Profile Send Orash111 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I was wondering, isn't garfield the president of the WJF?
Go to Top of Page

adennis
Level 4

USA
1367 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  14:14:12  Show Profile Send adennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brett, can you elaborate on the specifics of the $100,000 prize money for the winner of every competition? I didn't see anything about prize money specifics on You must be logged in to see this link.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Brett Sheets
Level 3

USA
500 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  15:13:05  Show Profile  Send Brett Sheets an AOL message Send Brett Sheets a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had heard somewhere they were giving out 100,000 dollars in prize money, but perhaps it was false information. I haven't seen that posted on the WJF site. I'm guessing it was just a rumour.

Edited by - Brett Sheets on 08/14/2005 15:14:09
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3206 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  17:18:52  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I understand Anthony.

careypickfordjr
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  19:09:32  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are all very correct. I got a laugh out of the comment that I have improved my skills...they were already there, nothing was improved. On another note the prize money is all BS. I don't want prize money...I want time money. I don't go to things to try and get paid, I need to get paid either way. Also I don't know if you all have noticed but it does not even look like the WJF is going to be televised this year (at least on ESPN2)so I wouln't even get publicity out of showing up. The only people who would win would be the WJasonF. I wish they would stop riding off of my name to get recognition. Oh well I guess it's their only means. Anyway the offer is still open to see me perform in a theatrical(as theatrical as they can be anyway)enviroment at the Aladdin Hotel.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

charliedale
Level 2

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  19:42:12  Show Profile Send charliedale a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Salute!!Hopefully all that garbage will fade away!!
Go to Top of Page

NikGoodrich
Level 4

USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  20:21:13  Show Profile Send NikGoodrich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I'm kind of hurt that they would put so much time and effort into getting Anthony to compete, who doesn't even want to, and not personally inviting other good jugglers. There are lots of other good jugglers out there and it doesn't look like the WJF is even looking for them.

Anthony, you're great and all but personally, I don't want you to compete, because that would mean I would lose and I want to give myself a chance :)

Nik Goodrich
Go to Top of Page

Tyler
Level 1

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  20:29:30  Show Profile  Visit Tyler's Homepage  Send Tyler an AOL message Send Tyler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good point. Why shouldn't other jugglers get the same treatment? Especially if they WANT to be there.

-----------
You must be logged in to see this link.

tylerdawson@juggler.net
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  22:09:03  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NikGoodrich

Personally I'm kind of hurt that they would put so much time and effort into getting Anthony to compete, who doesn't even want to, and not personally inviting other good jugglers. There are lots of other good jugglers out there and it doesn't look like the WJF is even looking for them.

Anthony, you're great and all but personally, I don't want you to compete, because that would mean I would lose and I want to give myself a chance :)

Nik Goodrich

Actually, that's a great point. Now, I think if you guys really look at this organization and who created as well as runs it then all the answers will come to you.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

Professor Piper
Level 1

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  22:30:19  Show Profile Send Professor Piper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm agree with you on this one A.G.

Jason IS a 'mean' guy...(You are too nice though A.G., in my opinion Jason is a prick...Talented juggler, yes, but a prick).

I orginally thought the WJF was a cool idea, nothing like competition to push jugglers to new heights in their skills, but after actually watching the competion I was disappointed...

Especially with Jason's 'ball boys' ( the boys that ran out to collect the balls when he dropped, kinda like the kids that work the Wimbleton Tennis match)....

He claims to be a pure 'sport' juggler, but then does something like that in a supposedly 'strictly controlled sports competition...

Personally I think the whole basis of the WJF is Jason's attempt to try to look better than any of the other jugglers that show up, and his invitation to Anthony was in very poor taste.

A true professional would have either emailed or simply picked up a phone and called him.

Just my two cents.

Terry

Nothing is impossible.
Go to Top of Page

charliedale
Level 2

USA
154 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2005 :  23:19:43  Show Profile Send charliedale a Private Message  Reply with Quote

A true professional would NOT be at something like that.I dont think there all that concerned with what everyone else is doing...............
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.49 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2