Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Polls
 Chris Bliss
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

norbi
Level 4

Canada
1440 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  05:30:34  Show Profile  Visit norbi's Homepage Send norbi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'No,i was saying you are living in a dreamland'
So you disagreed with how i quoted you, by backing up how i quoted you?

'Ask Anthony or Dick how simple it is'
Oh i know how hard it is already, and i know that it is probably going to get a lot harder before it gets anywhere near easier. But as this is what i REALLY want to do, and being brought up as part of a performing family (unfortunately they all stopped a while ago) and troupe, i guess you could call it. So i have been around that since i was born, and i swear i could never ever spend my life sitting in an office or any **** like that. Now, you'll probably say i have it easy with all the contacts, but they only give me pieces of advice every now and again, I really have to do all the work. Yeah it sucks, it's hard, but i love performing, so i am going to keep at it in hope that it takes off.

'I hope to see you in Monnte Carlo,Las Vegas,and the biggest T.V'
This would get me loaded, but it isn't mandatory to making a living. I know plenty of people who make a perfectly good living from street shows, walkabout, and general smaller gigs.

'Is there that much work around to accomadate all these hundreds and hundreds of jugglers'
No, quite probably not, but there never has been, so that's nothing new. So that will show who really has the determination to go through with the lifestyle.

'And,i hope you know a little about show business and not just about juggling conventions,trophys and the WJF'
Although it somewhat sucked with simplicity (but hey, the audiences don't know any better, so if it works, do it) I did a few magic performances when i was younger (included a show in a Nightclub in London when i was 12 [to be honest, i probably only got away with it because i was young, but that's not the point]) So i have been interested in it since way before i even knew juggling conventions existed (and before the WJF was even in planning) I decided to give school a try, so i had something to fall back on incase it all went tits-up. But then about 3 years ago my mum said 'isnt it about time you learned to juggle?' So i tried it, and unfortunately got kinda hooked, so that distracted me from school (i ended up getting a few Bs, and some Cs, then a couple Ds and an F. But before i started juggling, i was oncourse for a few easy As and a couple A*s) which led me to put more effort into the end of term 'concert' than my actual school work. I did my first juggling performance in Christmas 02 (after only 2 months juggling [ofcourse i sucked, but they werent to know. I was better than any of them :-P ]) Then i did a few more at that school, each one significantly better than the last, and i was hooked. Something about doing a good show, and knowing everyone loved it when the whole crowd go crazy at the end, that's what it's all about. Luckily, i'm pretty low maintenance, that is to say that i don't cost a lot to keep alive. I don't live large, i never go out anywhere, i eat very little, and very cheap food. So aslong as i can make just enough to keep me alive, i'm happy.

Well, this has turned into quite an essay.
Yours,
Norbi

Edited by - norbi on 03/13/2006 05:33:37
Go to Top of Page

mastamax911
Level 4

USA
1222 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  09:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey i actualy read the whole thing!
Go to Top of Page

bboy
Level 3

508 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  11:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norbi

'No,i was saying you are living in a dreamland'
So you disagreed with how i quoted you, by backing up how i quoted you?

'Ask Anthony or Dick how simple it is'
Oh i know how hard it is already, and i know that it is probably going to get a lot harder before it gets anywhere near easier. But as this is what i REALLY want to do, and being brought up as part of a performing family (unfortunately they all stopped a while ago) and troupe, i guess you could call it. So i have been around that since i was born, and i swear i could never ever spend my life sitting in an office or any **** like that. Now, you'll probably say i have it easy with all the contacts, but they only give me pieces of advice every now and again, I really have to do all the work. Yeah it sucks, it's hard, but i love performing, so i am going to keep at it in hope that it takes off.

'I hope to see you in Monnte Carlo,Las Vegas,and the biggest T.V'
This would get me loaded, but it isn't mandatory to making a living. I know plenty of people who make a perfectly good living from street shows, walkabout, and general smaller gigs.

'Is there that much work around to accomadate all these hundreds and hundreds of jugglers'
No, quite probably not, but there never has been, so that's nothing new. So that will show who really has the determination to go through with the lifestyle.

'And,i hope you know a little about show business and not just about juggling conventions,trophys and the WJF'
Although it somewhat sucked with simplicity (but hey, the audiences don't know any better, so if it works, do it) I did a few magic performances when i was younger (included a show in a Nightclub in London when i was 12 [to be honest, i probably only got away with it because i was young, but that's not the point]) So i have been interested in it since way before i even knew juggling conventions existed (and before the WJF was even in planning) I decided to give school a try, so i had something to fall back on incase it all went tits-up. But then about 3 years ago my mum said 'isnt it about time you learned to juggle?' So i tried it, and unfortunately got kinda hooked, so that distracted me from school (i ended up getting a few Bs, and some Cs, then a couple Ds and an F. But before i started juggling, i was oncourse for a few easy As and a couple A*s) which led me to put more effort into the end of term 'concert' than my actual school work. I did my first juggling performance in Christmas 02 (after only 2 months juggling [ofcourse i sucked, but they werent to know. I was better than any of them :-P ]) Then i did a few more at that school, each one significantly better than the last, and i was hooked. Something about doing a good show, and knowing everyone loved it when the whole crowd go crazy at the end, that's what it's all about. Luckily, i'm pretty low maintenance, that is to say that i don't cost a lot to keep alive. I don't live large, i never go out anywhere, i eat very little, and very cheap food. So aslong as i can make just enough to keep me alive, i'm happy.

Well, this has turned into quite an essay.
Yours,
Norbi

Well,thats all good and i hope it all works out and your happy. Thats the important thing. I just think a forum is good to learn how things are and not JUST patting each other on the back........................
Go to Top of Page

ChrisE
New/Lurker

5 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  22:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, so back to the orginal thread here: Did people like the Bliss video and/or Garfield's response?

Here is my humble take on it. There is juggling for the sake of juggling, and there is juggling for the sake of entertaining an audience. I think that we are all in agreement that Bliss does not posess the technical prowess of most people on this forum, but he did put a lot of effort into putting together a unique and choreographed performance that the audience would enjoy. Look at Jason Garfield. He hates people who 'copy' acts with a passion. Whenever somebody has a good idea, it is stolen, right? So what does Jason do? He copies the act, move for move. Sounds like a compliment in my book.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisE
New/Lurker

5 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  22:42:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, so back to the orginal thread here: Did people like the Bliss video and/or Garfield's response?

Here is my humble take on it. There is juggling for the sake of juggling, and there is juggling for the sake of entertaining an audience. I think that we are all in agreement that Bliss does not posess the technical prowess of most people on this forum, but he did put a lot of effort into putting together a unique and choreographed performance that the audience would enjoy. Look at Jason Garfield. He hates people who 'copy' acts with a passion. Whenever somebody has a good idea, it is stolen, right? So what does Jason do? He copies the act, move for move. Sounds like a compliment in my book.
Go to Top of Page

bboy
Level 3

508 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  22:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jason calls everyone a hack...........Hes a hack.
Go to Top of Page

Caleb
Level 1

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  20:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he used to be my favorite until i saw Anthony.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2