Juggling Talk
Juggling Talk
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Siteswaps
 Siteswaps
 Contradictions about the WJF
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

kamibaka
Level 3

Sweden
560 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  10:45:59  Show Profile  Visit kamibaka's Homepage Send kamibaka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anthony, on your FAQ page you write that the WJF isn't your cup of tea, but on your video clip page you post a video of a routine that you write that you'll do at the WJF. Maybe you will be there, but not competing just performing and practicing...

Can you enlight about this?

Mutton
Level 5

USA
2488 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  11:09:34  Show Profile  Visit Mutton's Homepage  Send Mutton an AOL message Send Mutton a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure the video clip name was a joke. Or perhaps a hypothetical "if I went to the WJF here is what I would do."

- Andrew
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  11:28:07  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly. I was just messin' around. It still isn't my cup of tea.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

rickinepal
Level 1

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  12:44:46  Show Profile Send rickinepal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another fabulous clip though Anthony. I am delighted that you are sharing so much of your skill with us.
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

jugglingeek2
Level 1

14 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  15:26:11  Show Profile Send jugglingeek2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nobody listened to the lyrics of the music Anthony had chosen then.

"dream on.... dream on.... DREAM ON... DREAM ON..."

nice one Gatto. I still think you should enter though. Just my oppinion
Go to Top of Page

Tyler
Level 1

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  19:29:01  Show Profile  Visit Tyler's Homepage  Send Tyler an AOL message Send Tyler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I think it'd be nice for you to win, once and for all, so that noone can say otherwise.

-----------
You must be logged in to see this link.

tylerdawson@juggler.net
Go to Top of Page

Orash111
Level 3

USA
743 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  21:14:17  Show Profile Send Orash111 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After seeing your clips and all anthony I agree that there would be no need for you to compete in the WJF. If people want to see the sport of juggling pushed to the extremes they should just watch some clips of you.
Go to Top of Page

NikGoodrich
Level 4

USA
1124 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2005 :  23:15:44  Show Profile Send NikGoodrich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this is how you feel about it Anthony, but this is why I wouldn't be competing if I was up at your skill level.

I consider myself a good juggler but not a fantasic one, I like to compete personally but it's like competing against people that their best trick is Mills Mess, I'd cream them in a competition, so what's the fun in that? Me going up against a bunch of people that don't stand a chance isn't fun at all. Not to mention I would look like a jerk for actually competing against people that every one knew was going to lose to me. Plus, there is no prize money. Who wants to practice for a juggling venue and not get paid in one form or another?

Nik Goodrich
Go to Top of Page

dnaygs
Level 2

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  01:46:57  Show Profile  Visit dnaygs's Homepage  Send dnaygs an AOL message Send dnaygs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Anthony would probably win. But he's not so far beyond everyone else that it wouldn't be fun (assuming he thought that kind of thing was fun to begin with) He would definitely have to come up with a good routine and execute it well to win. I can think of one person in particular that he would have to perform well to beat. He's the best, but the margin is getting smaller and smaller.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

kamibaka
Level 3

Sweden
560 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  04:10:31  Show Profile  Visit kamibaka's Homepage Send kamibaka a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually Nik it is prize money involved. Read under WJF overall champion:

Go to Top of Page

patohuasi
Level 2

Argentina
104 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  10:51:17  Show Profile  Click to see patohuasi's MSN Messenger address Send patohuasi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dnayg, I think you are wrong, Anthony is too good compare with anyone else juggling. At WJF for example the only one that made a trick with 7 balls was dietz and he did half showe and then stop. Anthnoy in his performance oes half shower and then he goes again with the normal pattern (and he can do routine with more tricks like the video). Another example is that the only one that did backcrosses and to the basic pattern again was toby walker... Anthony always does that in his performance. Anthnony Gatto is far away of any juggler. Some jugglers have good tricks in their videos, but they are edits video. Anthnoy has BETTER tricks alive.

Pato.
Go to Top of Page

anthonygatto
Forum Admin

USA
4280 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  12:01:20  Show Profile  Visit anthonygatto's Homepage Send anthonygatto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well guys I appreciate you thoughts. It's not just the WJF competition that I iwll not take part in. I have been turning down Circus competition and any television competitions as well. I just don't have any interest in competing...been there...done that. Now it's time to have fun on stage, that's what it's about. Like I said though if they offer me what I ask for on my website and make it worth my time then I'll take part. I really don't see that happening in the near future. Hopefully for them the competition grows so that they can off large fees for people.

A.G.
Go to Top of Page

adennis
Level 4

USA
1367 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  12:29:58  Show Profile Send adennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler

Personally, I think it'd be nice for you to win, once and for all, so that noone can say otherwise.

There's a few things I don't agree with in that statement. First off, if the competition occurs every year, there will be no "once and for all" about it. Showing up once and then not coming back will just make it look like he's afraid to lose if he tries again, especially if more talented jugglers appear on the scene. Also, if winning the WJF would in fact prove "once and for all" who the best juggler in the world is, why do you not respect last year's winners as the best jugglers in the world? The winner of the competition is the best only if that winner is Anthony?

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Tyler
Level 1

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  14:34:35  Show Profile  Visit Tyler's Homepage  Send Tyler an AOL message Send Tyler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, that's actually a good point. But considering he's not going to compete, I guess it really doesn't matter. :-P

-----------

tylerdawson@juggler.net
Go to Top of Page

NielsDuinker
Level 2

Netherlands
288 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  15:28:27  Show Profile  Visit NielsDuinker's Homepage Send NielsDuinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe we should send an email to David Chopperfield why he isn't going to compete in the World Cup for magicians this year?
Go to Top of Page

dnaygs
Level 2

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2005 :  16:13:16  Show Profile  Visit dnaygs's Homepage  Send dnaygs an AOL message Send dnaygs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

dnayg, I think you are wrong, Anthony is too good compare with anyone else juggling. At WJF for example the only one that made a trick with 7 balls was dietz and he did half showe and then stop. Anthnoy in his performance oes half shower and then he goes again with the normal pattern (and he can do routine with more tricks like the video). Another example is that the only one that did backcrosses and to the basic pattern again was toby walker... Anthony always does that in his performance. Anthnony Gatto is far away of any juggler. Some jugglers have good tricks in their videos, but they are edits video. Anthnoy has BETTER tricks alive.

Pato.

I'll agree in balls and rings, I think Anthony is easily the best, by far. But in clubs he has some competition. I'm still not saying he's not the best, but I practice with Vova every day, and he is incredible, as well as very solid. Anthony definitely has Vova crushed with 6 and 7 clubs. But with 5 and less I would say they are almost equal. Also, I've never seen him in person, but I've heard Jon Brady is quite talented.

Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Juggling Talk © 2000-2005 ForumCo.com - The Forum Company Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2